Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:00 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'm close to being a pacifist, but I would love to be alone in a room for a few minutes with anyone who says "maggots in prison food" is a satisfactory state of affairs.
There's nothing wrong with maggots in prison food. Where shall we meet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 01:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
They do that I see; certainly has good as I schools. I am much more concern with schools ;frankly.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
I will reiterate.

Want to eat; work for it. Like the rest of society.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:20 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
There's nothing wrong with maggots in prison food. Where shall we meet?
Cruel and unusual punishment is illegal under the US constitution. Feeding prisoners with maggots in it is certainly both cruel and unusual, as well as lazy and negligent.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:24 PM

48 posts, read 75,118 times
There are homeless families out there, sometimes they have food sometimes they don't, some of them actually keep to themselves and not cause trouble... yet there is a thought of if the criminals should have access to wholesome nutritious html is disgusting to me... they should eat ****, bc they are ****s... no good for nothing... we are wasting funds on them. Those funds could be used for schools, children, shelters,...

Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Cruel and unusual punishment is illegal under the US constitution. Feeding prisoners with maggots in it is certainly both cruel and unusual, as well as lazy and negligent.
But chain gangs is not cruel and unusual punishment and the money they earn goes to feeding themselves. Like the rest of society.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla30 View Post
There are homeless families out there, sometimes they have food sometimes they don't, some of them actually keep to themselves and not cause trouble... yet there is a thought of if the criminals should have access to wholesome nutritious html is disgusting to me... they should eat ****, bc they are ****s... no good for nothing... we are wasting funds on them. Those funds could be used for schools, children, shelters,...
I love this nation of Christian values!

They're ****, huh? Yeah, the guy you've never heard of who smoked crack in his apartment is a menace. Just kill him, right? What's the point! Yeah, that homeless guy who stole just so he could eat is vile and evil.

Seriously, this country is f****ed. So selfish and narrow minded.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:28 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Give them the same food as public schools (amount, type, & quality).

Old 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But chain gangs is not cruel and unusual punishment and the money they earn goes to feeding themselves. Like the rest of society.
I guess so. I do think prisoners should be offered work or something to do with their time in prison so they have the potential to better themselves. I'd certainly have no problem with prisoners working to repair roads and such.

The only problem is how the private sector will feel about their contractors being replaced by criminals. Someone will pay to make sure that doesn't happen. But I do think labor for prisoners is important. Not necessarily only in chain gangs, but other areas as well.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:39 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Offer up a trade program for those less violent and less serious crimes. HVAC mechanic, auto mechanic, plumber, welder, carpenter, and electrician are some good trades. These are trades most likely to give a guy just out of prison a chance to start over. Even if it's not offered, you can still take courses to learn online or study in the prison library. There are opportunities to learn in prison if you truly wish to go straight when you get out. Instead many go back to drinking, drugs, and criminal activities that got them in prison in the first place. Some just don't learn their lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies