Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Cool. I have always wanted to ride in a 50's era taxicab driven by a doctor.

viva la revolution!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 03:36 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You can have it.

I know some Canadians who have been there never to return.
they didn't return, because they probably got a nice place on the beach and are up to their ears in Cuban cigars and young senoritas. (either that, or you are telling an internet fairy tale.)

Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Do you like going on vacations to places where the secret police monitor all foreigners and all foreigners have government assigned minders to regulate their contact with the population?
yes, i've been to china.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You can have it.

I know some Canadians who have been there never to return.
When we went one of our fellow travellers was on his 19th trip. We spent one week in Havana on our own doing as we pleased. If the Secret Police were to visit people who were in contact with tourists they would be spending their time with sellers of counterfeit cigars and prostitution.

Most tourist spend their time at resorts so never get to know Cuba. It is much more open than most Americans think. Not a paradise but neither is Bermuda or Haiti. I know many who have been there multiple times. Some cabs are Lada and brand new Chinese and European cars. The old American cars are either like new or held together by wire and tape.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Do you like going on vacations to places where the secret police monitor all foreigners and all foreigners have government assigned minders to regulate their contact with the population?
That is not Cuba. We stayed in a portion of Havana where even the tourist were not Anglo phone s even our hotel was mostly South Americans. No minder no one told us where we could go and only one day were we in tourist attractions.

We even ran into Americans travelling without US permissions. We plan on returning and doing more in the more remote areas.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Why does our government, especially the Republicans who are in charge of Congress, find it necessary to restrict us from travelling where we want. There is no restriction on travelling to communist China. I would really like to visit Cuba.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Weird that you care so much where people want to go on vacation.
Opening travel to Cuba makes it easier for smuggling and means Americans will be there injecting money into their economy.

Odd how liberals absolutely against having anything to do with South Africa during apartheid but they see nothing wrong with normalizing relations with Cuba. The oppressive dictatorship there being a left wing rather than right wing government is purely coincidental, I'm sure.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Opening travel to Cuba makes it easier for smuggling and means Americans will be there injecting money into their economy.
Is this meant to be a truism?

Quote:
Odd how liberals absolutely against having anything to do with South Africa during apartheid but they see nothing wrong with normalizing relations with Cuba. The oppressive dictatorship there being a left wing rather than right wing government is purely coincidental, I'm sure.
LMAO! Is that you Glenn Beck?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Nonsense. None of that is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Never having a chance to see the REAL Cuba.
Yes...you CAN see the real Cuba. Don't ask me how i know, but i do.

You can pretty much go anywhere you want to go.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
This is long over due.
Americans should be able to travel anywhere they damn well want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies