Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In other words, instead of addressing the fact that Obama did nothing to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons, he picks on the 10 year figure when Obama has only been in office 6 years. Ignore a sworn enemy of the United States getting nuclear weapons and instead focus on a math mistake.

This is typical leftist trash tactics.
And who cares if they do get one? They will have one ****ing nuclear missile to our what 5000? That's assuming their stellar engineering can even get a rocket off the ground and into space :-P.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
As I see the FED is still running the economy on its life support. On foreign policy we are in bigger problems than when Obama arrived. His plan to leave Iraq has failed and he failed to realize Iraq was the key and ISIS filled the vacuum left. his failed plan left there.
Yeah it was the key, you're right. If we just left the person in power who kept these idiots in check we wouldn't have this issue. These idiots want to kill themselves, let them. Let the Saudis or the Turks deal with the region and stop leaning on us to clean up their messes .

Old 02-01-2015, 10:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
So, let Israel take care of it.

Put all that money and hardware you fine folks have been giving them to good use for a change.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:56 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Experts: Iran Now a Nuclear-Ready State, Missiles Capable of Hitting US

Experts: Iran Now a Nuclear-Ready State, Missiles Capable of Hitting US

"Regardless of intelligence uncertainties and unknowns about Iran's nuclear weapons and missile programs, we know enough now to make a prudent judgment that Iran should be regarded by national security decision makers as a nuclear missile state capable of posing an existential threat to the United States and its allies.

On Jan. 22, The Jerusalem Post reported that Iran deployed an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of reaching the United States. It was also shown on Israeli television."
=======================

This is a failure of unimaginable proportions, it cannot be overstated how disastrous for the mideast and world with a monstrous, cancerous dictatorship like iran's current diseased, fake regime - currently occupying four other countries - achieving a nuclear weapons umbrella.

This is the very definition of failure, and the lack of coverage and focus on it by the leftwing media like the NY Times and its media allies is almost as horrific.

How did it come to over TEN YEARS of failed "negotiations" that obama, perhaps the worst president this nation has ever endured, was unable to stem the iranian nuclear weapons march armed with 4 UNSC resolutions behind him requiring iran to cease enrichment, and the greatest military known to man?

There are no words to describe this lunacy, and as a failure it is matched by few others in US history.
Iran has a parliament and an elected executive branch. It's not a dictatorship form of government, it's an Islamic Republic. Saudi Arabia on the other hand runs their government without the input of the people and as a dictatorship ran by a single family. I know accuracy isn't a prerequisite for a good rant, but it does help channel outage in an better way...

Old 02-01-2015, 11:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
A rocket and a nuclear missile are two different things.

China, India, Pakistan, France, and a bunch of other countries all have developing space programs; today's world grows ever more thirsty for more satellite communications speed and ability, so developing long range (or you could call them low orbital) missiles capable of lifting a ton into orbit may have nothing at all to do with nuclear tipped warheads.

Or it may, as all those countries I mentioned have A-Bombs. I don't see anyone staying up all night worrying about any of them setting off the total destruction of America. And since diplomacy between iran and the U.S. has been shut off since Obgama wasn't even old enough to vote, I don't think whatever failure there is can be laid on him alone.

Negotiations are still going on, and as long as it's talk-talk, not shoot-shoot, America is better off, and so is Iran. Nothing has failed in any way yet. The only thing that's changed is America now has no overwhelmingly great technology over Iran.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
So the article says we don't know if Iran has nuclear weapon capability, but we know Iran has nuclear weapon capability? Sounds like we should start bombing and invading Iran too just to be "safe."

Old 02-01-2015, 11:52 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Iran has a parliament and an elected executive branch. It's not a dictatorship form of government, it's an Islamic Republic. Saudi Arabia on the other hand runs their government without the input of the people and as a dictatorship ran by a single family. I know accuracy isn't a prerequisite for a good rant, but it does help channel outage in an better way...
#1, RE: the earlier posts, the 10 years I listed was no an oversight - I was not exonerating Bush during the first 4 years. Both Bush and Obama are culpable, but obama is more so since he has allowed iran to extend its nuclear weapons capabilities so much further in the last 6 years.

#2- to this clueless poster above, as ayatollah mnotazeri stated, iran is neither islamic nor a republic. It is run by an unelected guardian council, which is headed by the unelected supreme leader, who through the instrument of the republican guard, has total control over the country, including its military, foreign spending, and final decisions on the economy and foreign relations. The RG have de facto control over the country, and have enriched themselves enormously, as they control most of the major industries, like a national mafia.

Since you seem to prefer to lie on this forum rather than provide facts, you're likely to be ignored moving forward. For the adults, here are a few descriptions of the heinous iranian regime:

Politics of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://freedomhouse.org/country/iran#.VM8eJlrs3N4

Old 02-01-2015, 11:52 PM

549 posts, read 456,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Where did I imply Iran's elections are fair? It seems that you are trying to rebuttal against an argument that I'm not making, and only one that you are seeing. All I'm saying is that Iran isn't a dictatorship. There are other countries in that area of the world that are, but they aren't one of them. Right, wrong, or indifferent...

Iran has an elected president, parliament (or Majlis), and an "Assembly of Experts" (which elects the Supreme Leader), and local councils. According to the constitution all candidates running for these positions must be vetted by the Guardian Council before being elected.

Dictatorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a single person or political entity, and exercised through various mechanisms to ensure the entity's power remains strong.

Thus, Iran is a dictatorship by definition. But that's OK, I didn't expect an islamist to admit this anyway.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post

Iran has an elected president, parliament (or Majlis), and an "Assembly of Experts" (which elects the Supreme Leader), and local councils. According to the constitution all candidates running for these positions must be vetted by the Guardian Council before being elected.

Dictatorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a single person or political entity, and exercised through various mechanisms to ensure the entity's power remains strong.

Thus, Iran is a dictatorship by definition. But that's OK, I didn't expect an islamist to admit this anyway.
You really should click on those links that Wikipedia provides. The "Assembly of Experts" that elect the Supreme Leader are experts that are also elected. So by definition, Iran is not a dictatorship.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:08 AM

549 posts, read 456,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You really should click on those links that Wikipedia provides. The "Assembly of Experts" that elect the Supreme Leader are experts that are also elected. So by definition, Iran is not a dictatorship.
Let me post it once again:

According to the constitution all candidates running for these positions must be vetted by the Guardian Council before being elected.

Which means the system is designed to protect itself, exactly as in the definition of dictatorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies