Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:33 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Iran is a jihadist state and is on threshold of going nuclear. They will become a threat to the region, to Israel, and according to this article, the US.

Iran has a demonstrated capability to orbit satellites weighing over a ton, which means it could also deliver a nuclear warhead against the U.S. or any nation on Earth.

Indeed, Iran has orbited several satellites on south polar trajectories passing over the western hemisphere from south to north, as if practicing to elude U.S. Ballistic Missile Early Warning Radars and National Missile Defenses, which are oriented to detect and intercept threats coming from the north.

Moreover, the altitude of these satellites, if they were carrying a nuclear weapon detonated over the center of the U.S., was in all three cases near optimum for generating an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) field across all 48 contiguous United States. EMP could cause a protracted blackout of the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures.

Iranian military writings describe eliminating the United States with an EMP attack. Rep. Trent Franks in congressional testimony given in December 2014 noted that an official Iranian military document, recently translated by the intelligence community, endorses making a nuclear EMP attack against the United States. The document describes the decisive effects of an EMP attack no fewer than 20 times.

Experts: Iran Now a Nuclear-Ready State, Missiles Capable of Hitting US
They aren't a threat to this country. Sorry.

Threat in their region or to Israel? Not my problem.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,729,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Absolutely right!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,080,779 times
Quote:

Considering Iran tried to assassinate a foreign diplomat in a Washington D.C restaurant a few years ago, collateral damage much?

I know I know, Iran hires goons to do their dirty work for them (Kill people through terrorist acts), and I know I know, their nuclear development has been completely illegal for over 10 years in order to become a hegemonic world power again... But I understand, because Iran did not officially point the gun at the 'Big Satan' and profess our annihilation... We are safe, no Iran threats here. Completely safe because Iranian ships are not off the coast of New York City.. The complexities of globalization, geo-politics, security policy and resources around the world could never possibly draw us into an altercation with Iran. If it every did (hypothetically of course because this is a fairy tale), bad bad west!

As long as Iran does not threat going to war with U.S on public T.V, we are safe. I wish politicians, Intelligence Experts, and military generals would understand this extremely simplistic formula.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:13 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,080,779 times
This is the exact reason why Iran wants to be a hegemonic world power again. Between U.S interference in the region, Sunni's extremist groups and the KSA..

Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 PM

46,865 posts, read 25,830,287 times
Quote:

They won't nuke Israel, either.

It's not that long ago a US president named 3 countries as an "Axis of Evile", then went to war with two of them. Specifically, the ones without nukes. If I ran a Middle East country, that would probably make me sit up and take notes.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,353,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The most recent IAEA report as well as previous reports states that Iran's program has enriched uranium to 15%.

That is, at most, proof of a nuclear energy program. Simultaneously, it disproves the existence of a nuclear weapons program.

You'll notice that nearly all Western Media employes the propaganda phrase "nuclear program" instead of "nuclear weapons program." That's intentional. It's designed to illicit the classic knee-jerk response to all things-nuclear.
The propaganda works because you have brought up the bolded several times and there are still posters fearful of Iran having a nuke. I wonder how those same posters explain that there has been gobs of U N inspectors over in Iran for over a year now and somehow they pulled off getting a nuke

Old 02-03-2015, 07:44 AM

13,819 posts, read 5,547,086 times
Iran with or without nuclear weapons is like any other country we are afraid to fight, where it isn't them posing a risk to the US, but US thinking on foreign policy that poses the risk. No country in the Middle East has spent more money and material in the last 40 years on the training, arming and exporting of Islamofascist terrorism than Iran. Everyone knows it, and always has. WE'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Our cowardice is the threat, not the weapons Iran possesses.

We possess the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons on Earth, yet we represent no tangible threat to anyone because given our national resolve, those weapons are cool looking tourist attractions and not much more. Iran has killed plenty of Americans, and we have never taken any direct military action towards them because we couldn't prove the case to the jury in the court of public opinion beyond a reasonable doubt. So if they wanted to unleash Hamas, Islamic Jihad (a front for Hamas used on free lance ops to add another layer of misdirection away from Khameini), or their newest branch of Terrorism Inc...ISIS/L, on the US or our interests, they will because THEY KNOW FOR A FACT WE WILL DO NOTHING MEANINGFUL ABOUT IT.

That last part is the threat to our nation - our absolute unwillingness to do anything about what anyone does to us. The greatest navy in the history of mankind, the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, the most technologically advanced war machine in the history of civilization, and we are helpless because of our own national attitude about warfare being icky.

So nuclear or not, Iran is the same threat as any other nation right now. If they punch us, we'll curl up in a ball, cry a bunch, and then beg for forgiveness. Oh yeah, and we'll fling money around to hopefully keep the bullies of the world placated.

Iran's immediate threat is to the Middle East, particularly the Sunni population of the Middle East. Americans are egomaniacs who think the whole world has us as the primary target. Nope. Iran wants the old Persian Empire back as well as Shia supremacy. So first orders of business are killing Sunnis and then expanding Persia's land control in its immediate surroundings. We're small change in their cosmic scheme of things right now. They have Sunni and Ottoman fish to fry long before they give a crap about some hedonist moral degenerates half a world away, plus they know if they display strength and do the whole regional hegemony thing, we'll end up kissing Khameini's rear end and paying him for the privilege, because we are insipid cowardly buffoons who try to buy our way to diplomacy.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:18 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,831,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In other words, instead of addressing the fact that Obama did nothing to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons, he picks on the 10 year figure when Obama has only been in office 6 years. Ignore a sworn enemy of the United States getting nuclear weapons and instead focus on a math mistake.

This is typical leftist trash tactics.
Analysis: Iranian ICBM claim falls short of the mark - IHS Jane's 360
Key Points

• Iran is not preparing to launch its new satellite carrier rocket, as claimed by Israeli media
  • The liquid-fuel rocket cannot be classified as an ICBM due to its small payload capacity

Old 02-03-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Considering Iran tried to assassinate a foreign diplomat in a Washington D.C restaurant a few years ago, collateral damage much?

I know I know, Iran hires goons to do their dirty work for them (Kill people through terrorist acts), and I know I know, their nuclear development has been completely illegal for over 10 years in order to become a hegemonic world power again... But I understand, because Iran did not officially point the gun at the 'Big Satan' and profess our annihilation... We are safe, no Iran threats here. Completely safe because Iranian ships are not off the coast of New York City.. The complexities of globalization, geo-politics, security policy and resources around the world could never possibly draw us into an altercation with Iran. If it every did (hypothetically of course because this is a fairy tale), bad bad west!

As long as Iran does not threat going to war with U.S on public T.V, we are safe. I wish politicians, Intelligence Experts, and military generals would understand this extremely simplistic formula.
Iran was accused of trying to have a Saudi diplomat assassinated, but flatly dismissed the allegations as propaganda, which in my opinion is equally believable as the US story that was never followed up on.

Meanwhile, no country spies against us more than Israel, including stealing data on our nuclear program. That makes sense though since Israel went ahead and developed an illegal nuclear program, and are now believed to have nuclear weapons. Why don't you want them dealt with? Or the Saudis who attacked us on 9/11 and make up most of ISIS? Or Qatar who invaded Libya and raised their flag over Tripoli? etc etc.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:44 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies