Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:39 PM

5,833 posts, read 7,675,410 times

Advertisements

Felon shot while attempting to kill police officer. It was her second attempt to endanger or injure a cop in less than a month. Just another thug who got what was coming to them, just like that gangster in Ferguson, MO.

Jessica Hernandez was previously accused of eluding officer and resisting arrest | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 03:46 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I am out of here, I actually have this thing called a job I must get back too. Have fun making yourselves look like fools by blindly trusting everything the police say and automatically dismissing everything the witnesses say. Welcome to my ignore list. You guys have show yourselves to be nothing but emotional reactionaries who are not capable of understanding the English language or simple debate.

Good day.
LOL. Yeah, ok.

Xander, "This happened and that happened."

Us, "Links please."

Xander, "I'm out of here."

Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 PM

52,448 posts, read 34,154,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
LOL. Yeah, ok.

Xander, "This happened and that happened."

Us, "Links please."

Xander, "I'm out of here."
Pretty much. Herping and derping on his way out.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Shooting at a driver that is driving towards you is dumb. If you think it will stop the car and eliminate the threat, you are mistaken. It turns the car into a two-ton unguided missile.

The claim that she was intentionally driving towards the officer has not been proven to be true, and witnesses dispute it. They say that the car only veered at the officer after she was dead.

Why is it lately that people lap up whatever police say as if they have a history of absolute truthfulness?
Because despite what some people with an agenda would have you believe, it's very rare for a cop to just spontaneously unholster their gun and unload a lot of rounds into the car of a law-abiding, cooperative, non-threatening citizen, just because they felt like it. Most cops, like most adult humans, are rational and will respond according to the threat they perceive.

So until I see some hard evidence, I'm more likely to believe the cops here than a teenager who clealy dabbled in criminal behavior.

Know who does not have a history of truthfulness? A lot of the witnesses, unfortunately. In the Michael Brown case, one thing the documents made clear is that there were a lot of liars in the ranks of the witnesses... people saying he was shot in the back, executed on his knees, etc. etc... crap that was completely and unequivocally rendered a lie by the forensic evidence.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:14 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,156,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Stole the car and was joy riding with friends including a girl she was dating. She was driving 80 mph when first encountered by Police. She attempted to elude and resisted arrest.

Police say she used the stolen car as a weapon against the Police. Her GF and fellow passenger claims the Police shot her without provocation.

Alcohol and drug test results are pending.

Sounds like a night of compounded lousy decisions starting with car theft.

None of us were there.
You are right, none of us were there, but for the fact this girl was driving a stolen car in the first place, the rest would be moot.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Exactly what were we all supposed to have learned from Ferguson? I didn't learn anything that wasn't business as usual. Cops have more power than God in America. I don't care what came of the "investigation" in Ferguson, I think Wilson is a lying thug and a victim in America has to be more perfect than Jesus for knee jerk cop defenders. I also wish the president had not sent the AG in there because we all knew that was going nowhere - we all know why.
We learned in Ferguson, That the criminal who committed strong armed theft and assaulted a police officer, facts that are not in dispute, And almost every single eyewitness backs up the Police Officer's story, be they Black OR White, was asking to be put down like a rabid dog.

That flushing sound you hear is the giant toilet flushing more feces.

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-04-2015 at 03:28 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 04:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,326,424 times
Maybe someone who is a gun expert here can to talk about guns which fire multiple rounds from a single pulling of the trigger, and at what rate (e.g. 6 rounds/sec).

Cops are armed with such weaponry since the criminals they routinely have to deal with on a daily basis, are well-equipped, much more so than in the past.

Shame that this had to happen. At 18, she should've been focused on college, not doing something illegal to put herself in harm's way.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Maybe someone who is a gun expert here can to talk about guns which fire multiple rounds from a single pulling of the trigger, and at what rate (e.g. 6 rounds/sec).

Cops are armed with such weaponry since the criminals they routinely have to deal with on a daily basis, are well-equipped, much more so than in the past.

Shame that this had to happen. At 18, she should've been focused on college, not doing something illegal to put herself in harm's way.
Police officers in Va beach, use a semi-automatic sidearm. I am unaware of any police department that utilizes a fully automatic pistol. Many of the Special weapons and tactics units in many cities have both semiautomatic and automatic weapons, but every sidearm I am aware of, is either a revolver, (Very VERY few), or a semiautomatic pistol.

Automatic pistols, or Machine pistols, are really utilized by very few outfits, they are difficult to control. The Czech model can shoot up to 1000 rpm, but I believe it's extended clip holds 30 rds.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,750,624 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos
Yes folks our glorious heroes in uniform are at it again, murdering and slaughtering innocent people for the crime of being alive. Of course the PD will conduct a complete investigation of itself and find themselves completely blameless and then pass it on to the DA who will agree completely.
Yup thats how they always do it!!!

Murdering scum.......

Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,067,700 times
Turns out the family wasn't telling the truth. Autopsy out today- she was shot 3 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies