Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What are we doing in Syria?
We sure as heck aren't conscripting poor teenagers to die overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 03:09 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
The sad thing is Republicans have added to the welfare state too and refuse to push for downsizing it.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
We sure as heck aren't conscripting poor teenagers to die overseas.
Now it's just sugar-coated in the form of benefits they will never get. Told lies they're saving our country, when in reality they're saving the government and the ME from burning. The VA is a fine example of young men with no legs and arms, as we watch ISIS take over in the ME.

Do you think 14 yrs isn't asking for more, more, more? Yet, so called poor young people are not being asked to get out of the welfare line and serve their country. We may not be drafting, but the propaganda to serve one's country in never ending wars, seems drafting is not to far off in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The sad thing is Republicans have added to the welfare state too and refuse to push for downsizing it.
You are very correct here......the Conservatives are seeing how much support the Liberals are getting with freebies, they have joined them in bankrupting America.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:04 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
This thread is a perfect example of why nothing will ever change. You're all too busy pointing the finger at the other guy to put your own damn party under the microscope.

"Oh, the lefties burn money in bags."

"Well, the Rethuglicans start stupid wars."

The more I read threads here, the more I think the P&OC Forum is nothing more than a C-D-sanctioned whizzing match. Keep voting for your party because that's how you are registered.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:01 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Read the Constitution and you'll see the Supreme Courts decide the constitutionality of laws. So far they have disagreed with and your like minded brethren.

Which is a pity since you should be against wasteful spending. Spending is great when done on smart things.

You didn't go to college did you? That would be a course not a degree, just like when you hear the joke ab out "basket weaving".

Perhaps you should look at how business and STEM graduates are doing? It's a more global and automated world now.
I didn't attend college, yet I've earned a great living since HS and I'm not one on here that whines and moan about my inability to make a living. I've done it.

BTW.....my wife is a successful woman with a masters degree, my daughter is a bio-chemist and my son has a college degree and earns a great living as a successful general manager, with about 150 employees under his supervision.

I have a bumper sticker that reads "My dog is smarter than your college grad".....based on what I read form all the whiners on CD complaining about their worthless degree, 10's of thousands in student debt and absolutely zero ambition.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb To quote CCR....."When I ask them how much do they need, they only answer more, more, more...."

The greedy 1%. How much more do they think they need?

Old 02-04-2015, 07:50 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Now it's just sugar-coated in the form of benefits they will never get. Told lies they're saving our country, when in reality they're saving the government and the ME from burning. The VA is a fine example of young men with no legs and arms, as we watch ISIS take over in the ME.

Do you think 14 yrs isn't asking for more, more, more? Yet, so called poor young people are not being asked to get out of the welfare line and serve their country. We may not be drafting, but the propaganda to serve one's country in never ending wars, seems drafting is not to far off in the future.
Exactly how many young men have we sent to Syria?

Quote:
You are very correct here......the Conservatives are seeing how much support the Liberals are getting with freebies, they have joined them in bankrupting America.
Those Lucky Duckies and their food stamps!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The greedy 1%. How much more do they think they need?
Which is more greedy: The desire to keep what you have earned by the sweat of your labor or the value of your intellect, or the desire to take from someone else what they have earned under threat of force?

Dave

Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Which is more greedy: The desire to keep what you have earned by the sweat of your labor or the value of your intellect, or the desire to take from someone else what they have earned under threat of force?

Dave

These presentations by a billionaire may help you to see more clearly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTG7RHXnUMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhOXCgSunc

Q: What do you call a millionaire after he pays his taxes?

A: A millionaire.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Exactly how many young men have we sent to Syria?
Asleep at the wheel are you........only since 2012!

Without Asking Congress, Obama Puts U.S. Troops on Syria Border
Numerous reports have suggested small teams of U.S. and Western government forces may already be operating in Syria. It remains unclear exactly how large the now acknowledged U.S. government presence along the Syria-Jordan border may be, but news reports citing officials claimed there were some 150 American Special Operations troops as well as so-called “trainers.” Also uncertain is where the Obama administration believes it found the lawful or constitutional authority to deploy U.S. troops to Jordan or Syria.

Some lawmakers, though, are outraged that the administration apparently thinks it can simply deploy American forces wherever it pleases without even obtaining permission from Congress. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), who blasted the decision, also warned that the lawless deployment means the U.S. government is now "immeasurably" closer to being directly and overtly involved in the long-running Syrian war.

"I can see in a moment how it happens: we're a few dozen miles from the Syrian border and all of a sudden we are within the reach of physical danger. All it takes is a single incident," Kucinich told U.S. News, adding that talk of weapons of mass destruction was an argument for trying to reduce the violence rather than intensify it. "Putting U.S. troops on that border draws the U.S. much closer to war in Syria, which is a nightmare already and can be more of a nightmare for our country."

According to Kucinich, who along with Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) has developed a reputation as one of the fiercest congressional critics of the bi-partisan war-mongering establishment, putting American troops on the border of a conflict area dramatically increases the potential for U.S. involvement. "There's a trail of causality here," he explained.

Quote:
Those Lucky Duckies and their food stamps!
Funny how you and others think Liberals don't support rich people........ like Unions, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, who get plenty of free breaks. Don't kid yourself, your party is not the party for the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies