Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 03:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This is what happens when a government is run by religious ideology. And some of you want the U.S. to govern the same way. We can put soldiers in there & do airstrikes til the cows come home, that won't stop it. This is deeply rooted. It has to come from the government to change things, push education. This could take decades before you see a turn.
I imagine it's good that there aren't video's with the things China has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 03:32 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,183,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How is it the good Christians of Germany and other parts of Europe stood bye and enabled the Nazis to do what they did ? If my recollection is correct, only Denmark rounded up their Jewish population and transferred them to neutral Sweden. Unlike many of their counterparts in Europe, they did not loot the properties and bank accounts of their Jewish citizens.

How is it that Hitler was able to captivate and recruit the Christain youth of Germany to implement his national plan while families somehow rationalized what was going on?

Here ya go. I might do a thread on this if no one else does. Milgram experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,183,935 times
Quote:
..........The largest concentration of Muslims in Europe live in Russia, not the UK, the Nordic countries, France or Germany.
Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-04-2015, 03:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Abstain from calling a dead Muslim hero a savage would be a start.
What are you talking about, I never did!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh?

You are aware that the pilot was Muslim, right?
Oh, I see!! 1 person equals ALL of us.....what kind of analysis is that?

Old 02-04-2015, 03:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, you silly child, the liberals have less common sense and intelligence than your average 10 year old.
You give them such credit....I was thinking a 5 yr old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have no idea why anyone would be interested in watching sadistic murders like this, an explanation should be sufficient and not repeated every few minutes. The publicity they get from this is what drives ISIS and we are doing our best to help
I am sure some of this is needed to reminded us we are not liked in parts of the world and getting caught their could be the end of your life. Look at the people who are vacationing in the area Nothing like a summer vacation hiking in the mountains of Iraq, most likely fun, if not kidnapped.

I heard they were beheading women & children and crucifying them, but f'n burying them alive, what is wrong with these people!!!!! No icon for the disgust and dismay I feel!

Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,521,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
The West has no part to play in the Arab world except to maintain the flow of oil.
Large parts of it have barely progressed beyond the medieval age and even in a supposedly sophisticated country such as Saudi Arabia women are beheaded in broad daylight on spurious grounds.
Without oil underneath them most of these people would still be living in tents in the desert.
They still have the morals and manners of peasants.
My old dad who fought in the Second World War in the Arabian Peninsula always told me never ever trust an Arab.
Any Arab.
I didn't believe him then but it's mighty hard not to today.
And you know what I mean about not trusting them ?
What did Jordan do as soon as the pilot was burned to death - killed two prisoners out of revenge.
This is the rule of an uncivilized world using punishment as vengeance instead of justice.
And I for one am heartily sick of Arabs denouncing American involvement in their world but doing diddly squat themselves to fight ISIS.
They deserve each other.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,681,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Someone saying fake and now Michael Moore.......well before all hell breaks loose someone please come forward.

Do you guys seriously think this.......ISIS is a puppet of Iran, Iran is ancient Persia!
I never implied it was fake. It was actually a dig at M. Moore but you didn't get it. Probably wasn't in the best of taste.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:55 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,863,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I watched the video yesterday before it was taken down, something I now regret because I will never be able to unsee it....horrible.
It's not been taken down. It's all over the place.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:59 PM

963 posts, read 691,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Obama strongly condemned these actions.
While Jordan EXECUTES 2 terrorists. Nobody take America or our "leader" seriously. Two more very long years!

Old 02-04-2015, 04:59 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,863,870 times
Quote:
How is it the good Christians of Germany and other parts of Europe stood bye and enabled the Nazis to do what they did ? If my recollection is correct, only Denmark rounded up their Jewish population and transferred them to neutral Sweden. Unlike many of their counterparts in Europe, they did not loot the properties and bank accounts of their Jewish citizens.

How is it that Hitler was able to captivate and recruit the Christain youth of Germany to implement his national plan while families somehow rationalized what was going on?

The terrorists have been killing a lot more Muslims than anyone else. Youth is being recruited with higher compensation and benefits than they could otherwise achieve.

When your life really sucks there is a predisposition to blame and an increased openness to embrace and rationalize an alternative.

How is it that some people keep trying to deflect from the heinous actions at hand by resurrecting things done decades ago by Hitler's minions and which weren't done in the name of Cristianity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies