Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
What is a "male aged student"?
I meant to put school in there . Anywhere between middle school and college is what I was getting at.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:51 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,091,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
They can *say* anything they want.

The issue was whether the UC students should pass a resolution divesting from investment in israel. The resolution succeeded, which was obviously an outcome that islamic students would support.

The UC has no obligation to pay any attention to this resolution.

Even if it did, withdrawing investment from israel is not at all the same thing as imposing sharia law.

Do you own any stocks in an israeli company? If you don't, does this mean that you are supporting sharia law?

Tempest in a teapot.
This organization and any other Palestinian organization is not concerned with the state craft of Palestine. It participates and supports policies in deflecting Zionism with the eventual collapse of the Jewish State. It's not about Sharia Law or Israeli Companies, but a group of college students, directly or indirectly supporting the genocide of the Jewish people.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I was in college during the anti-Vietnam War protests. People were very upset and did stupid things. When approached I told them I was more against the war than they could ever be because I was a veteran of a nasty part of that war and would never be able to forget what had happened. 50 years later and that is still true. Then I told them to leave me alone. They did.

These UC kids seem just a stupid but there is a darker political/cultural aspect to these protests. Anti Jewish sentiments are nothing new but have diminished until recently. These vandals should be found, tried and fined. If they are here on a student visa cancel it and send them back COD.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:57 PM

17,613 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
They can *say* anything they want.

The issue was whether the UC students should pass a resolution divesting from investment in israel. The resolution succeeded, which was obviously an outcome that islamic students would support.

The UC has no obligation to pay any attention to this resolution.

Even if it did, withdrawing investment from israel is not at all the same thing as imposing sharia law.

Do you own any stocks in an israeli company? If you don't, does this mean that you are supporting sharia law?

Tempest in a teapot.
The member of the student council who supported the protest against Israel is the one who said "Hamas and Sharia Law has come to UC Davis". Read the whole linked article before responding.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was in college during the anti-Vietnam War protests. People were very upset and did stupid things. When approached I told them I was more against the war than they could ever be because I was a veteran of a nasty part of that war and would never be able to forget what had happened. 50 years later and that is still true. Then I told them to leave me alone. They did.

These UC kids seem just a stupid but there is a darker political/cultural aspect to these protests. Anti Jewish sentiments are nothing new but have diminished until recently. These vandals should be found, tried and fined. If they are here on a student visa cancel it and send them back COD.
Cash on Delivery?

Old 02-03-2015, 12:59 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I was just there recently, I didn't notice.

Like all modern social driven controversies, it's only there if you really really believe it is.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
The member of the student council who supported the protest against Israel is the one who said "Hamas and Sharia Law has come to UC Davis". Read the whole linked article before responding.
Yes, and she is a moron.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
This organization and any other Palestinian organization is not concerned with the state craft of Palestine. It participates and supports policies in deflecting Zionism with the eventual collapse of the Jewish State. It's not about Sharia Law or Israeli Companies, but a group of college students, directly or indirectly supporting the genocide of the Jewish people.
The headline of this thread is "Hamas and Sharia Law has come to UC Davis". So this thread *is* about sharia law on the uc campus. I'm not making this up, you can look at the thread title yourself.

Assume that the UC regents do what they most certainly will not - and decide to divest from israel. Exactly how is that supporting genocide?

Do you own stock in an israeli company? If not, why not?

Tempest. Teapot.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:01 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,091,735 times
Quote:
People have read it, but that's not of concern. Hamas apologist and its supporters cease to amaze me. Hiding behind "free speech" is now acceptable for supporting a Pro-Hamas organization.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Satire.

Letter to the community from ASUCD senator Azka Fayyaz | The Aggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies