Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM

1,089 posts, read 653,081 times

Advertisements

Clinton: Rush Limbaugh Comment “Doesn’t Make Any Sense” - Political Punch
Responding directly to Limbaugh, Clinton told me, “The only point I tried to make was that we ought to have a lot of political dissent -- a lot of political argument. Nobody is right all the time. But we also have to take responsibility for the possible consequences of what we say. “

One of those consequences, Clinton said, was threats against public officials. “We shouldn't demonize the government or its public employees or its elected officials. We can disagree with them. We can harshly criticize them. But when we turn them into an object of demonization, you know, you -- you increase the number of threats.”

Clinton added, “I worry about these threats against the president and the Congress. And I worry about more careless language even against -- some of which we've seen against the Republican governor in New Jersey, Governor Christie.” A recently leaked memo from a New Jersey teachers union contained a joke suggesting that Governor Christie should die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Responding directly to Limbaugh, Clinton told me, “The only point I tried to make was that we ought to have a lot of political dissent -- a lot of political argument. Nobody is right all the time. But we also have to take responsibility for the possible consequences of what we say. “

One of those consequences, Clinton said, was threats against public officials. “We shouldn't demonize the government or its public employees or its elected officials. We can disagree with them. We can harshly criticize them. But when we turn them into an object of demonization, you know, you -- you increase the number of threats.”

Clinton added, “I worry about these threats against the president and the Congress. And I worry about more careless language even against -- some of which we've seen against the Republican governor in New Jersey, Governor Christie.” A recently leaked memo from a New Jersey teachers union contained a joke suggesting that Governor Christie should die.
Is there a chance that Bubba doesn't know how many times Obama has tried to demonize Beck or Limbaugh? I guess he and you think that elected people like that should demonize others but we shouldn't demonize them. Hard to figure out how his mind works, or is it his mouth?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Go Slick Bill. I love Bill Clinton. Always have and always will. He is a successful President of our time and knows what he speaks of unlike Rush or Becky doggie.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:04 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,487,813 times
Quote:

I place a lot of veracity in a statement from a chubby-chasing *****-monger

Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,433,628 times
Nothing Rush says makes sense...

Old 04-18-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance that Bubba doesn't know how many times Obama has tried to demonize Beck or Limbaugh?
You can start listing them here:
  1. ____________________________
  2. ____________________________
  3. ____________________________
  4. ____________________________
  5. ____________________________
  6. ____________________________
Is that enough room for you?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,169,098 times
I going to utilize a favorite leftist ploy.......What about all the times when the same thing was done to Bush? None of you were worried about "careless language" then.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I going to utilize a favorite leftist ploy.......What about all the times when the same thing was done to Bush? None of you were worried about "careless language" then.
Who on the left has the listenership of Limbaugh, Beck?:

Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Go Slick Bill. I love Bill Clinton. Always have and always will. He is a successful President of our time and knows what he speaks of unlike Rush or Becky doggie.
Yeah, he was real successful at supplying N. Korea with nuclear material (for "energy" purposes) and changing the way the CIA could obtain info from informants which led to a less secure United States.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,484 times
Quote:
Who on the left has the listenership of Limbaugh, Beck?:

Pretty sad that all the media that is controlled by the left but only 2 conservatives control the dialog.

It is a fact that the liberal left media encouraged the demonetization of Bush, something that liberals have forgotten now that Obama is getting pounded by the small segment of conservative media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies