Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on vaccinations?
Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all. 5 5.05%
The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people that they see fit. 29 29.29%
Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people. 65 65.66%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Unvax kids way healthier Unvaccinated children healthier

Re hospital births Childbirth & Birth trauma Racket

Vaccination purely a racket THE VACCINATION RACKET

Vaccines can leave you OPEN TO GETTING OTHER THINGS later in life you wouldnt probably get otherwise... (Auto immune diseases,etc)

I am suffering with one.... YES I BELIEVE I GOT IT FROM THIS GARBAGE I USED TO HAVE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER! (Before I knew how bad vaccines are)

Vaccines LOOK GOOD for short term gain..... LONG TERM is another story. (One BIG PHARMA doesnt want ppl to know when they inject them (Its a $$$$$ scam to make them rich (Helping ppl get over WHAT THEY CAUSED (They know how bad they are to your immune system))))
Interesting stuff. I do think that vaccines play a role in allergies. I don't know about the other stuff.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:00 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
There are two other issues with measles that make it such a treacherous virus.
I had measles and mumps.

I can't remember which "measles." I was vaccinated for one, but not the other.

How is measles like small-pox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I think it's noteworthy the lack of "anti vaxxers" on City-Data. Reading the other poll you'd think they were everywhere.
I'm not really anti-vaxxer as I am pro-common sense.

You don't force people to vaccinate against non-deadly diseases.

There are some serious concerns with these modern versions of the vaccines, as well as newly introduced vaccines. Those concerns need to be addressed, and addressed in the open on the up and up, using scientific methods and methodologies.

A study of a compilation of studies is not a study, no matter what the FDA and the EPA and the CDC say.

There's an inordinate focus on short-term results in studies, and not what happens 2 to 7, or 25 or 40 years down the road.

From the US Supreme Court case I posted, it's been know for more than a century, that people die from vaccines; people die of complications from vaccines; and people are harmed by vaccines.

A girl ahead of me in grade school got polio from the polio vaccine. It was mild case of polio, and she has only a slight limp, but that's not the point. The point is she and others who are harmed need and deserved to be compensated for the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Also state how you feel on abortion since it's a body right and privacy right intrusion issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
different subject all together- - this is about illness prevention
It's not so far off the mark.

There are many on the Left who want to classify pregnancy as a disease/illness in order to coerce employer compensation and time off, and other benefits, plus to gain free birth-control for everyone --- and some of those people don't care if people want birth-control or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Like I said earlier, a person has individual rights as long as their actions do not infringe upon others. Spreading disease is very much infringing upon others. Therefore, a society has the right to mandate vaccines and to exclude non-vaccinated members from certain areas and aspects.
Your position is hypocritical, plain and simple.

If the spread of disease infringes on the rights of others, then that is true 100% of the time, and not true, if and only if, a vaccine is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
You have the right to not vaccinate your body and I have the right not to have my body come in contact with your body.

That won't happen if you don't try to lick me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes. Let me ask you something. If ebola started spreading, would you demand everyone be vaccinated?
I'm not aware of any vaccine for ebola.

Let me ask you something. Since HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and other STDs are spreading, why aren't you demanding everyone be quarantined?

Hypocrites aren't cool....

Mircea

Old 02-04-2015, 08:04 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Quote:
So if you live in the Amish colony in Pennsylvania that got hit, or the wealthy NoCal area where there seems to have been a cluster then you're at higher risk? On the flip side, doesn't that mean the odds of contracting it everywhere else become damn near impossible to catch and downright silly to worry about?
As I stated in my first post, I would be fine with voluntary vaccinations if you could effectively isolate those who choose to forego the vaccinations. The problem is that isn't really going to happen, which puts those with whom they come into contact, who are unvaccinated for legitimate medical reasons, at risk.

This article probably explains the effects of anti-vaccination clustering as well as any I've seen.

Measles Outbreak: In US Schools, What

This one does a good job of explaining how clustering counteracts herd immunity.

Krawitt Family Measles Vaccine Campaign California - Business Insider

This one tells about why measles is such a virulent disease.

Scared of Ebola? This Measles Outbreak is Far More Dangerous. | Healthcare Global

Here's the CDC web page for measles.

Measles | Home | Rubeola | CDC

It's absolutely bizarre that this is even an issue. Epidemiology is a medical science. It doesn't exist in the flexible, sometimes nutcase realms of political opinion or religious belief. The idea that the obstinance of a small group of science-deniers can actually bring back a dangerous disease which had been officially eradicated for fifteen years is asinine.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:09 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Also state how you feel on abortion since it's a body right and privacy right intrusion issue.
It's not the same thing at all. Pregnancy isn't contagious. We're talking about communicable disease and public health here.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
A: Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all.

B: The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people if they see fit.

C: Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people.
D. All vaccines are safe for properly screened recipients. Certain vaccines should be required for some activities, eg, going to school, certain jobs.

Quote:
What about Tetanus? With Tetanus you can take the shot after you're at risk. i.e. You step on a rusty nail, you can go to the doctor and have a Tetanus shot at that time. There's no actual need to take it as a preventative measure but most do anyhow. Should we ban kids from school for not having a Tetanus shot?
O. M. G! You are not protected from tetanus until you've had the full series of shots, e.g. at least three properly spaced shots. You need a booster every 10 years, or if you have a contaminated wound and it's been more than five years since your last booster.
Tetanus toxoid vaccine medical facts from Drugs.com
Tetanus Toxoid Dosage - Drugs.com

Old 02-04-2015, 08:26 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,863 times
There are people who believe that there is no possibility that vaccinations can cause autism. I believe that an intelligent person will take into consideration that what we don't know about the human body is a vastly greater dimension than the body of knowledge medical science does understand. If you think this way then you will refrain from believing in dogma from any source.

I believe that there is the possibility that there could be a linkage because there are genetic profiles that are unique or uncommon from the majority of people in a population group. How many times do we read or hear about diseases or syndromes that affect 1%, or 5%, or some other small percentage of people? A circumstantial observation is not something to ignore - meaning, child is vaccinated, child subsequently develops autism. Scientists and doctors adhere to dogma a whole lot more than people comprehend, no wonder they attack colleagues who stray from commonly held institutional beliefs.

My position is that research should continue to probe a possible linkage. I also think that big pharma needs to take a look at making vaccines safer if they possibly can.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:30 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
As I stated in my first post, I would be fine with voluntary vaccinations if you could effectively isolate those who choose to forego the vaccinations. The problem is that isn't really going to happen, which puts those with whom they come into contact, who are unvaccinated for legitimate medical reasons, at risk.

This article probably explains the effects of anti-vaccination clustering as well as any I've seen.

Measles Outbreak: In US Schools, What

This one does a good job of explaining how clustering counteracts herd immunity.

Krawitt Family Measles Vaccine Campaign California - Business Insider

This one tells about why measles is such a virulent disease.

Scared of Ebola? This Measles Outbreak is Far More Dangerous. | Healthcare Global

Here's the CDC web page for measles.

Measles | Home | Rubeola | CDC

It's absolutely bizarre that this is even an issue. Epidemiology is a medical science. It doesn't exist in the flexible, sometimes nutcase realms of political opinion or religious belief. The idea that the obstinance of a small group of science-deniers can actually bring back a dangerous disease which had been officially eradicated for fifteen years is asinine.
Your first link says that measles cases tend to live in like minded communities (like the Amish) and that a student with the measles poses a risk to other students who aren't vaccinated. WHO AREN'T VACCINATED! So why do you care? The risk of a vaccinated student getting the measles is astronomical. Even though you're as likely to win the lottery as get the measles if you've been vaccinated, it's still not usually associated with hospitalization, much less death. I know you want the measles to be similar to a disease like Ebola or Small Pox, but it's not. Much closer to an illness like the flu or the common cold.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Compulsory.

If we're going to allow people to infect others, we may as well allow people to drive at any speed they want. Public safety. Big concern. Why is this being politicized? I didn't know Jenny McCarthy had such political clout.
It's being politicized because some of us actually don't want government dictating medical procedures. Contrary to leftist belief, freedom actually involves more than sex. Freedom is a principle. You can't just support freely available abortion and gay marriage and then consider yourself a freedom lover. Supporting freedom means people get to make their own choices outside the bedroom, not just inside.

It means people should be free to own a firearm if they want, free to choose what health insurance they want, free to choose where to send their child to school, free to choose how much salt they want, free to smoke tobacco if they want, free to drive a gas guzzling car if they want, free to get whatever size soda they want, free to wear an American flag tshirt to school even on May 5, free to call someone a racist epithet if they want, etc. All those things that you pro-choice folks don't want to give people any choice about.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
There might be something to spacing out vaccinations on very young children. IDK.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
"We have to pause here and think: why would the majority of the US population suffer weaker immune system, with all the US expensive medical technology? It is conspicuous that the authors mentioned only immunosuppressive drugs and AIDS, but forgot to mention the most widely-used immunosuppressive agents – vaccines of all kind. The most damaging are, of course, the vaccinations administered early in infancy. One of the major damaging effects of such vaccines is done to the cardio-vascular system (Kawasaki’s disease and its many synonyms; Scheibner 2009a). However, the pandemic of diabetes, obesity (Scheibner 2009b) and behavioral problems such as ADHD, autism, learning problems and bizarre criminality (school shootings, murder suicides) reached catastrophic proportions (Scheibner 2009c)."

"Parents only vaccinate because they believe that there is a need to prevent children from getting measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, forgetting the old-age wisdom of knowing that these are the natural diseases that prime and mature the immune system of children, and not vaccines. If anything, vaccines de-immunize. Properly managed (meaning not mismanaged by the administration of antipyretics and antibiotics), having measles not only results in a life-long specific immunity to measles, but also in a life-long non-specific protection against degenerative diseases of bone and cartilage, immunoreactive diseases (such as allergies, asthma), sebaceous skin diseases and cancers. As Ronne (1985) demonstrated, not having measles with a proper rash is not desirable. It predisposes to the above diseases; and these were just the diseases that he studied. There could be other non-specific benefits from measles. West (1966) published already several decades ago that having mumps prevents ovarian cancer. Hib and other vaccinations cause diabetes in very young children. The pandemic of diabetes and obesity is also linked to infant vaccination. Hannik and Cohen (1978) observed that babies develop increased insulin production within hours after DPT vaccination. This may and does persist into adulthood and causes derangement of cerebral glucose metabolism in adults with hyperactivity onset in childhood (Zametkin et al. 1990), voracious insatiable appetite, fatty liver, derangement of the endocrine system and pre-diabetic states (hence obesity) and/or some behavioral problems, such as hyperactivity (ADHD).

The list of damage done by infant vaccines, coupled with the documented ineffectiveness to prevent any diseases, is endless. All those modern ills of our world start with vaccines in infancy, aggravated by antibiotics, painkillers and anti-pyretics."

- See more at: Smallpox was declared eradicated, yet still infects humans today. By Viera Scheibner, PhD | International Medical Council on Vaccination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies