Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:08 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Your article is from 1991.
I know that...I'm just pointing out that anti-vaxxers will eventually cause another similar outbreak if things don't change.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
CNN is reporting that there are 112 cases reported in a nation of over 320 million people. A real epidemic. Just inventing news here. Having said that, get your danged kids vaccinated.
yeah, they reported yesterday, that authorities were thinking about making a law that everyone has to be vaccinated?

That is when the red flags went up for me.....

Old 02-05-2015, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Well interestingly enough, I do.

My oldest son, years back at 4 yrs. old got the Measles...
Even though I was a teen mom, so young & naive- (at the time)
I didn't question getting the vaccines.
But he got the Measles anyways.....
That was the wake up call for me.
After spending a week in the hospital with him, watching him closely, day & night....
I decided to investigate & research every stinkin' vaccine that
they try to force on us from that point onward.
Lol next time the pediatrician tried pitching the latest shots-
I shut him down.
Btw- secretly, behind closed doors- my doc agreed w/ my suspicions of the vaccines.
He told me I was very wise to do my research.
yeah, my son got all the vaccines, however, I'm starting to wonder myself....

Old 02-05-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Before there was measles vaccine, kids just had to suffer through it. Keep in mind there is more than one disease called measles. My three siblings and I suffered both versions, what we called red measles, which is the one that makes you really sick, and german measles, which is no fun, but not as bad as the red measles.

My two sisters and I recovered just fine. My brother - didn't. He has had life-long physical and developmental problems, and, no matter how hard he has tried (and he has tried very hard), has never been able to hold down a job for long, in spite of being highly intelligent.

Vaccinate your kids.
well this outbreak first started, so called outbreak, they said it was from foreigners coming into the country...that has not changed...and I wonder why, b/c I had read that this strain was from Indonesia....?
I don't believe they want Americans to know, think about it.....

Old 02-05-2015, 02:36 AM

Please refer to my first questions.....
does anyone know anyone NOW who has contacted the measels, since this last outbreak????

Old 02-05-2015, 02:41 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Well interestingly enough, I do.

My oldest son, years back at 4 yrs. old got the Measles...
Even though I was a teen mom, so young & naive- (at the time)
I didn't question getting the vaccines.
But he got the Measles anyways.....
That was the wake up call for me.
After spending a week in the hospital with him, watching him closely, day & night....
I decided to investigate & research every stinkin' vaccine that
they try to force on us from that point onward.
Lol next time the pediatrician tried pitching the latest shots-
I shut him down.
Btw- secretly, behind closed doors- my doc agreed w/ my suspicions of the vaccines.
He told me I was very wise to do my research.

Your doctor was straightforward, and that's good.

Doctors, like vaccine manufacturers, can't even be sued for vaccine side effects pursuant to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program which has awarded over $1.5 billion since it was created about 30 years ago.

Parents and individuals do need to do their research.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:44 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well this outbreak first started, so called outbreak, they said it was from foreigners coming into the country...that has not changed...and I wonder why, b/c I had read that this strain was from Indonesia....?
I don't believe they want Americans to know, think about it.....
Yeah right...It's all a big conspiracy.....Some folks will believe anything if it fits their bias....

Some rumors claimed the measles had been traced back to an individual who had already been vaccinated, thereby suggesting the standard MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine was obviously not effective if measles was being spread by someone who had already received it. Another iteration of rumor claimed the disease had been traced to illegal immigrants at a Disney resort.
Read more at snopes.com: Measles Outbreak Patient Zero

Medical officials have not yet determined how this year’s outbreak began.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:51 AM

29,514 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I know that...I'm just pointing out that anti-vaxxers will eventually cause another similar outbreak if things don't change.

Yes probably, but that's their problem. Not ones who are vaccinated. On the other hand, they would be putting people with compromised immune systems (cancer patients) at risk.

Still, you can't force someone to get a vaccine, even though I think that's incredibly stupid, even though there are some risks involved with vaccines. Nothing is 100% safe.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah right...It's all a big conspiracy.....Some folks will believe anything if it fits their bias....

Some rumors claimed the measles had been traced back to an individual who had already been vaccinated, thereby suggesting the standard MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine was obviously not effective if measles was being spread by someone who had already received it. Another iteration of rumor claimed the disease had been traced to illegal immigrants at a Disney resort.
Read more at snopes.com: Measles Outbreak Patient Zero

Medical officials have not yet determined how this year’s outbreak began.
yes, it could very well be, and if you don't consider it, (and I didn't say it was) your wearing Rose glasses....
Just like cancer, vaccines are a huge, humongous money making product....and that is all companies worry about now a days.....

BACK to the topic....

Do any of you know anyone who had contacted Measles, or have had children who have or know parents with children who got it during this outbreak only?

sure seems funny that no one in here knows anyone?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:22 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Please refer to my first questions.....
does anyone know anyone NOW who has contacted the measels, since this last outbreak????
Not I, nor do I expect to. At the least, every younger person in my family was vaccinated (or, like me, had the measles prior to 1963).

We must recall that the outbreak appears to be affecting those that never were vaccinated (those that 'opted out').
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies