Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 01:49 AM

12 posts, read 17,856 times

Advertisements

you know how gullible you have to be to believe what comes out of your tv set?,...Here is a news flash...ALL MAJOR GUN LAWS ARE WRITTEN BY JEWS. all mass media is owned by Jews..tv,radio,big news papers,book publishing big magazines and Hollywood..They mock you and call you DUMB for not knowing what used to be common knowledge.

DEC 19TH 2008 L.A. TIMES Joel Stein....
"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood....But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."

Pick any shooting Gabby Giffords,Sandy Hook,Santa Barbara...a 4th grader can figure out these are just drills ..they are not real,there are no deaths... Chris Dorner...isn't listed in the SS Death Master File..nor is there a grave site for him...use your damn brains...-

Old 02-09-2015, 02:06 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
^^^ Completely agree that this opinion represents a subset of the pro-gun crowd.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:49 AM

282 posts, read 447,318 times
The problem is not guns. It is not mental health. It is criminals. History has proved this. There is no argument about gun control. It is historically proven that gun control causes an increase in gun violence. Anyone who says otherwise either 1) is ignorant, 2) refuses to read the facts, 3) is not intelligent enough to discern obvious and proven historical facts, or 4) has an agenda.

It is not a debate. Anyone who tries to debate is just playing into the game, arguing with fools.

Gun control causes an increase in gun violence.
The sky is blue.
Earth is round.
These are all facts that only the foolish, ignorant, or those with an agenda would try to argue.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:44 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times

Rampage killings have gone up while households with guns in them have gone down.

I'm not saying guns are NOT part of the problem. I'm in favor of the kind of gun laws that Connecticut put in place after Newtown, but the stats show that something else is going on.

My dad grew up in a time when they played cops and robbers or cowboys and indians with cap guns that looked just like real revolvers, yet the biggest high profile shooting was that one where the guy climbed the UT tower and picked people off. That was the high profile school rampage killing of that DECADE. Prior to 1980 you could expect ONE of those incidents every 5 or 10 years.

In the 2000s - rampage shooting at schools were AT LEAST an ANNUAL occurrence, often SEVERAL times in a year.

Near me in 2014 - a kid at the local high school put a gun in his backpack and blew his brains out in a classroom in front of everyone there. Lucky that the bullet did not hit any other kids. http://www.bendbulletin.com/localsta...-high-suicide#

Another one in a high school about 3 hours from me - took a gun to school and shot another kid in the gym locker room then himself. He would have shot more but there was a brave teacher who reacted really quickly. http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/in...-reynolds.html

These did not even get a moment's notice on national news because they only make news when the death count hits double digits these days, they're so common.

So yes, guns are at issue, but they are clearly not ALL that's going on. Whatever it is needs to stop and I'm fine if we bring guns into the conversation. I say this as someone who owns an AR-15 and is against the murder of 1st graders. I am willing to put my "precious" AR-15 at risk if it means some schoolchildren will not die. The weapon is not more important to me than that. I need to be convinced that the weapon itself is the problem though, because Americans have always had weapons, but they have not always used them in this way. These rampage shootings need to stop and I'm at least willing to bring gun control in as part of the conversation, but it does need to be more than that.

I'm quite ashamed of other gun owners who do not seem to care about the epidemic of mass shootings that have happened lately, particularly since Columbine. Please do not lump those us of who are responsible with our weapons in with the crazy people.

Last edited by redguard57; 02-09-2015 at 04:04 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 05:37 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
^^^ Completely agree that this opinion represents a subset of the pro-gun crowd.
Oh please. This guy is clearly a troll who's trying to derail this thread with straw man and red herring distractions.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:47 AM

282 posts, read 447,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Oh please. This guy is clearly a troll who's trying to derail this thread with straw man and red herring distractions.
Nice comeback. He is totally using a red herring tactic. Annoying. Stupid trolls.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Twenty-two people killed outside Cairo soccer stadium | Reuters

Obviously, since the PEOPLE are not at fault, soccer balls and games MUST be banned immediately!

Marseille neighborhood sealed off after shots at police

Of course, people wearing hoods must be stopped!

Old 02-09-2015, 07:42 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
If there were no such things as "guns" and only swords, would the problem be swords as well?

There will always be some sort of weapon for people to kill other people with. It has nothing to do with the weapon and everything to do with the person using the weapon!

Old 02-09-2015, 07:59 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
NO, because SW says:

stating plausibly the need to carry firearms to protect oneself, other people, or real property from a specified danger

We are not living in SW. Our Constitution EXPLICITLY DENIES the government the power to "give us rights". We do NOT have to make a case for this freedom. We already HAVE IT.

ALL RIGHTS ARE OURS by BIRTH and freedom and the government is VERY LIMITED as to what "rights" it is given. And the 2nd Amendment was put in there just to make sure there is NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Hence the BILL OF RIGHTS.

Liberals are so funny.

You fight for the right of mentally ill people to refuse MEDICATION and live on the streets then turn around and want to punish MENTALLY SOUND people for their choices of personal property, protected by the CONSTITUTION.

If you want a nanny state try and be consistent.

And YES, we most certainly DO have the right to run an arms bazaar. It's called a gun show. Sorry 'bout it.
If the 2nd amendment doesn't grant us a right (with a qualifier), then why is it there? Was it to be like a grocery list, sort of a "reminder?" Of course it grants us a right. And that right was never in question as various legal entities enacted all sorts of laws, good and bad, regulating firearms over the last 200 years. Gun shows weren't even legal over 30 years ago and no one challenged THAT in the Supreme Court under the 2nd amendment. The fact is, the Supreme Court has never had trouble with reasonable regulation of guns.
We're living in an aberrant time. Many narcissistic people with a lot of disposable income (baby boomers) in pursuit of their youth, "freedom" (to do what?) and in fear of the changes coming to this country, have funded a renaissance of specialized arms production not for military or hunting use. Enjoy it while you can, if you like that sort of thing. But the rest of us are sort of sick of the chaos and slaughter aided and abetted by infantile fantasies.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post

Rampage killings have gone up while households with guns in them have gone down.

I'm not saying guns are NOT part of the problem. I'm in favor of the kind of gun laws that Connecticut put in place after Newtown, but the stats show that something else is going on.

My dad grew up in a time when they played cops and robbers or cowboys and indians with cap guns that looked just like real revolvers, yet the biggest high profile shooting was that one where the guy climbed the UT tower and picked people off. That was the high profile school rampage killing of that DECADE. Prior to 1980 you could expect ONE of those incidents every 5 or 10 years.

In the 2000s - rampage shooting at schools were AT LEAST an ANNUAL occurrence, often SEVERAL times in a year.

Near me in 2014 - a kid at the local high school put a gun in his backpack and blew his brains out in a classroom in front of everyone there. Lucky that the bullet did not hit any other kids. Details emerge in Bend High suicide; Police confirm student was

Another one in a high school about 3 hours from me - took a gun to school and shot another kid in the gym locker room then himself. He would have shot more but there was a brave teacher who reacted really quickly. Oregon high school shooting: Latest developments from Reynolds High School | OregonLive.com

These did not even get a moment's notice on national news because they only make news when the death count hits double digits these days, they're so common.

So yes, guns are at issue, but they are clearly not ALL that's going on. Whatever it is needs to stop and I'm fine if we bring guns into the conversation. I say this as someone who owns an AR-15 and is against the murder of 1st graders. I am willing to put my "precious" AR-15 at risk if it means some schoolchildren will not die. The weapon is not more important to me than that. I need to be convinced that the weapon itself is the problem though, because Americans have always had weapons, but they have not always used them in this way. These rampage shootings need to stop and I'm at least willing to bring gun control in as part of the conversation, but it does need to be more than that.

I'm quite ashamed of other gun owners who do not seem to care about the epidemic of mass shootings that have happened lately, particularly since Columbine. Please do not lump those us of who are responsible with our weapons in with the crazy people.
Truly amazing that you can't read your own post and realize how contradictory you are to the very values you claim to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies