Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times

Advertisements

Well, there are systems your government has in place to help feed, clothe, house, and educate the poor. That strikes me as being the Christian thing to do.

The right detests such programs, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:48 AM

59,031 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
facts:Religious Affiliation
of U.S. Founding Fathers# of
Founding
Fathers% of
Founding
Fathers Episcopalian/Anglican 88 54.7% Presbyterian 30 18.6% Congregationalist 27 16.8% Quaker 7 4.3% Dutch Reformed/German Reformed 6 3.7% Lutheran 5 3.1% Catholic 3 1.9% Huguenot 3 1.9% Unitarian 3 1.9% Methodist 2 1.2% Calvinist 1 0.6%

how many practiced? Why did they make freedom of religion part of our law, when all are one? many Christians call them selves Christian and can't give you one person's name in the bible except what they see in a movie or at Christmas. You cannot make this a Christian nation - based on how they signed in in the 1600/1700's. They ran away from the church of England for a reason- The puritans were more a political influence than a God driven one. So who shall we be? Episcopalian with the larger vote- Puritans as first to land? then ALL citizens will have to convert to be citizens.
"when all are one?" Did you mean to type when all are NONE?

"In 1800, Congress approved the Capitol as a place of worship and it was the largest church in Washington in 1867, with 2,000 weekly attendees for Sunday services." Including Jefferson, Adam's, Hamilton, Madison, etc.

In order for CONGRESS to APPROVE the MAJORITY of BOTH HOUSES had to vote for it.

So I would say a MAJORITY WERE CHRISTENS.

An Atheist surly wouldn't vote for such a thing. I know YOU wouldn't.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:53 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
His lying about being Muslim?

Right, so here's the thing. You'll need a source in order for this to be taken seriously. No source you have will be valid though. Not rational person is actually convinced that Obama is in some way a militant Muslim. Some, like myself, admit it could be POSSIBLE that he is a Muslim and knows no one would elected him because people feel they need to be able to 'relate' to the president through Jesus, as if that is their basis on rather or not they like people. If he is a Muslim, he's no different than the Muslim who lives a few blocks away from my house. He believes the aspects of the Koran he likes, and lives a life that is hardly different that your or mine (well, he's the president, so it's at least somewhat different).

But no one who says 'we know for sure he's Muslim' actually does, and surely you have enough common sense to know that. Unless they have some kind of transcript where Obama says he Muslim, anyone saying he is indeed a Muslim is just grasping for straws; they have no real argument.

Obama says he's Christian; that means he's Christian. He's probably not a devoted as he says he is, I highly doubt he reads a little bit of the Bible everyday. And I don't care. Religion is a personal matter. Why is it my business what he believes?

And if he did lie about being a Muslim, I'll get over it. It's not like it changes anything. He shouldn't have lied, but let's be real here, he's a career politician. Compared to other lies, this one is extremely insignificant. I know we in America love to assume religion is extremely powerful, but it's not. Literally every religious person picks and chooses aspects of their faith; not one person alive follows all of it. We know this because even ISIS doesn't follow it. They'll forcefully spread Islam as the Koran says, but I have yet to hear them advocate for racial equality, which is in fact in the Koran.

Point being, even if Obama is Muslim (which again, there is no actual reason to believe this) it's very clear he's not one of the bad ones. Those guys don't hide their faith. They let you know their Muslim and they let you know how badly they want you to be Muslim. If Obama is a Muslim, he's certainly not an ISIS Muslim. So who cares?

I'm only concerned with his believing that the ISIS onslaught is just.

Things he says are indicators that just may be the case or at least something that gathers vigilant attention.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:57 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are you claiming that Muslims DON'T kill other Muslims?
Why would they? I thought we were suppose to believe that all Muslims are united and want to kill us all.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:00 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
yea well its really apples and oranges- he will war against ISIL and blow them sky high-- but has compassion for the every day Islam community who believe in peace-
same: I love my fellow Christians- but could smack the arrogant hater who claims he is a Christian and uses the name of God for his bigoted agenda. apples and oranges...

Old 02-07-2015, 09:02 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Well, there are systems your government has in place to help feed, clothe, house, and educate the poor. That strikes me as being the Christian thing to do.

The right detests such programs, of course.
No, they detest WASTE and incompetence in those programs and subsequently believe they are better done privately where there is accountability... something that leftists in Canada either fail to understand, or intentionally lie about.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:08 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
My theory is that Allan West and many other Republicans are actually Secret Satanists.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No, they detest WASTE and incompetence in those programs and subsequently believe they are better done privately where there is accountability... something that leftists in Canada either fail to understand, or intentionally lie about.
Then trying to explain it to me is probably a waste of your precious time.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Default Impeachment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Always want to impeach. Isn't that the first thing they say?"

Talk about CRAZY. I poster calls for impeachment and all of a sudden the entire conservative populace is calling for it. Not ONE thing you claim is true. Just more liberal B.S. ranting!

I think I know who the crazy one is.
Lots of your Republican Party talk about impeaching Obama for one thing or another. I never heard the democrats cry for impeachment when Bush started his unfunded war in Iraq. If he hadn't we may not have been in this position with an unstable Middle East. If you can tear yourself away from watching faux news you may open your eyes. Faux has the worst track record for telling lies..

Old 02-07-2015, 07:01 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
No childhood friends,...
there's a whole book of childhood friends recollections:

Our Friend Barry: Classmates' Recollections of Barack Obama and Punahou School - Constance F. Ramos - Google Books

Quote:
no college room mates,...
that would be Sohale Siddiqi and Phil Boerner. both have given interviews about their time as obama's college roommate.

Quote:
no former girlfriends,....
one wrote a book about obama.

Obama's ex-girlfriend: what her diaries reveal - CSMonitor.com

Quote:
no college admission documents,...
admissions records are only kept for a few years. in the case of occidental its 5 years after a student last attended.

Quote:
no former employers,...
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...honolulu-.html

Quote:
no neighbor's recollections,...
Obama's Neighborhood - Barack Obama Resources, Hawaii History, Punahou, Pictures, Images

Quote:
no tax records,...
obama's tax returns are available online going back to 2000.

President Obama and Vice President Biden

Quote:
no nothing.
see above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies