Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 02:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I think the point is not to paint Islam in general as being complicit in the activities of terrorists. I don't remember widespread demands for soul-searching among Christians after the Atlanta Olympics and other bombings perpetrated by the Army of God, for example. America as a national institution is pro-Islam.
Germany has been a Christian country for centuries.The Christians in Germany and throughout a large swath of Europe somehow rationalized the Nazi movement and extermination of the global Jewish population. German youth were recruited in the same way that terrorists are recruiting today.
Only tiny Denmark relocated their Jewish population out of harms way into neutral Sweden. Once accomplished they watched over their neighbor's homes and properties and did not loot them as was the custom in other countries.

Terrorism uses religion as a tool to rationalize barbaric actions to achieve a goal.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The fact he feels the need to put Christians in their place (why?) at a prayer breakfast is beyond bizarre. Says a lot about him, his core beliefs, his upbringing and his view of the world.
Yes it does. It also says something about the audience, some of whom are prone to painting with a broad brush.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Not true. Their environment is under threat of corporate/state take over. The missionaries basically say the state will leave you be if you become 'civilized.'
Now you are just making crap up.

Quote:
If that's where it ended, the missionaries would seem like they're fighting the good fight, but so often there missions are funded by oil or other companies that want the resource rich Amazon in their control. The indigenous tribes are basically left with two options: assimilate or wait for inevitable extinction. When those are the two options, it is in fact forcing a belief.
Wow..... I can see that I really do not have any desire to travel down this hole any further.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
during the Crusades and Inquisition (at least his understanding of them) and of course Jim Crow was a Christian inspired practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYa3S7iqOW4

Yes, who are we to judge killing cartoonists for depicting their prophet or burning a man alive in a cage.

1. His excuse to not have to confront ISIS.
2. Besides going to that phony church of "Reverend" Wright for 20 years, does anybody really believe Obama is Christian?
3. And Most importantly, besides whack job liberals, does anybody still even listen to this clown?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
during the Crusades and Inquisition (at least his understanding of them) and of course Jim Crow was a Christian inspired practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYa3S7iqOW4

Yes, who are we to judge killing cartoonists for depicting their prophet or burning a man alive in a cage.
Osama needs to meet with these guys face to face so they can bury the hachet, so to speak.

What a complete moron and worst President in history.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:25 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
There are still Christian missionaries forcing their religion onto native tribes in the Amazon, bringing with them disease (which kills them, and yes, I do blame the missionaries; it's 2015, they know they can transfer the disease and still chose to go to an area populated by people who have not developed a resistance to these illnesses) and usually oil companies, or any other corporate power, such as logging.

It's still going on. Yeah, Islam is more theatrical, but Christians haven't actually stopped. Just most of the victims are already dead or been converted. Islam still has targets.
Are you drinking today because this has NOTHING to do with the topic.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:26 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
I agree. Obama's saying things that hurt the feelings of torture supporters makes him the worst President in history. Everyone knows that the President's job is to see to it the feelings of right-wingers aren't hurt.

I feel so bad that torture supporters have had their feelings hurt.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:27 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Now you are just making crap up.

Wow..... I can see that I really do not have any desire to travel down this hole any further.
Or I looked it up. Read a book or two about it. Did research. But yeah, clearly made it up. The forest is disappearing due to natural causes.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
After seeing how Muslims act now, no wonder our predecessors had to institute an Inquisition to deal with it...looks like we'll need to do somethign similar in our future as well.
2 Billion +/- of Muslim faith in the world. Most are moderate.

Like any religion, there are sects and extremists.

Do extremists define the all the people of that umbrella faith?

As a condition of statehood, the Morman LDS Church put an end to plural marriage. Some did not care for that and fled and continued to practice plural marriage including arranged marriage to young girls. They claim to be the true Mormons. Do these sects define mainstream Mormon LDS? Do they define all Christians?

Does the Westboro Baptist Church represent all Baptists or Christians?

The Catholic Church is the world's largest Christian denomination. Does it define all Christians?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Are you drinking today because this has NOTHING to do with the topic.
It was a response to a comment saying Christians stopped committing 'forced evangelism.' What Obama was saying was Christians have done something that is ideologically the same as what ISIS is currently doing. I'm saying it's still true to a lesser extent today. So it is in fact related to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies