Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times

Advertisements

Pope Francis to address Congress

This will be the first from a pope in our nation's history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 01:48 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Cool. I hope he tells congress what's what.

'Either adopt Christian values or stop saying you're a Christian nation.' That's what I'd say if I were in the Pope's position.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:57 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Well this is certainly going to be interesting. I hope he will be inspiring.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well this is certainly going to be interesting. I hope he will be inspiring.
So far this pope has been amazing. I would expect nothing less.

I would also expect that no-one there will pay it any real attention.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:05 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Great, the anti-christ is gonna speak to Congress. Wonder what dog and pony show they'll invite next? Yep, next to speak before a joint session of congress, Puff the Magic Dragon, where he'll speak on the benefits of legalizing weed on a federal level.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Great, the anti-christ is gonna speak to Congress. Wonder what dog and pony show they'll invite next? Yep, next to speak before a joint session of congress, Puff the Magic Dragon, where he'll speak on the benefits of legalizing weed on a federal level.
Wow....sooo the pope is the anti-christ....and you believe in puff the magic dragon.....okay then...

Seriously? the pope is the anti-christ? What did he do, say something bad about the precious "job creators" and greed?

LOL.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Cool. I hope he tells congress what's what.

'Either adopt Christian values or stop saying you're a Christian nation.' That's what I'd say if I were in the Pope's position.
Where is all the talking from the government about being a Christian nation that allegedly needs to be stopped?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:40 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The next show will be the obamaworld fantasy act... with subtitles.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:30 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
I certainly hope he doesn't try to influence American politics and push his repressive misogynist agenda. I have absolutely ZERO respect for a man who has never worked a day in his life, using the power of his office to coerce uneducated, poverty-stricken women to breed as much as possible--even if said children end up starving to death. That is so unethical and immoral, that any claim of "speaking for God" is a sick joke.

It is also disgraceful for an organization as wealthy as the Roman Catholic Church to continue to extort money from the poorest people in the world, as evidenced by the fact that every Roman Catholic parish around the world must not only support itself, but also must send money to Rome. And the financial corruption of Rome is legendary, and I guarantee that supposed attempts to "fix" the problem will be shown to have failed in the future. Pope removes cardinals in shake-up of Vatican bank - World News

Old 02-05-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I certainly hope he doesn't try to influence American politics and push his repressive misogynist agenda. I have absolutely ZERO respect for a man who has never worked a day in his life, using the power of his office to coerce uneducated, poverty-stricken women to breed as much as possible--even if said children end up starving to death. That is so unethical and immoral, that any claim of "speaking for God" is a sick joke.
You mean the pope who said "don't breed like rabbits"?
Pope says birth control ban doesn't mean breed 'like rabbits'

While he didn't OK birth control is that is in fact against their beliefs, he did everything possible to try and address the issue within their belief system.

Quote:
It is also disgraceful for an organization as wealthy as the Roman Catholic Church to continue to extort money from the poorest people in the world, as evidenced by the fact that every Roman Catholic parish around the world must not only support itself, but also must send money to Rome. And the financial corruption of Rome is legendary, and I guarantee that supposed attempts to "fix" the problem will be shown to have failed in the future. Pope removes cardinals in shake-up of Vatican bank - World News
Which incidentally is FAR more then any pope has done before, AND he did it again 7 months later as well:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/op...ican-bank.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies