Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
^^Your post makes no sense.
You said you wanted to come here and have a discussion with like minded people, not to throw insults. But your Origina/Opening Post is nothing but insults to Democats.

Even in your subsequent post, you post nothing but rhetoric and blaming Democrats for things have nothing to do with the Democratic Party. "

People who want real discussion dont devolve into name calling and rhetoric in the very first post.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:44 PM

22,468 posts, read 11,986,290 times
You know, I was once a staunch democrat. I grew up in the Northeast in a very blue state hearing all the great things democrats did to help the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. And those democrats would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty. Also, those democrats of yore would never have tolerated Americans being displaced in the work force by H1-B visa holders.

When democrats did a complete 180, they lost me. And, no, I'm not a republican. I'm an independent who would rather vote for a bluedog democrat (bluedogs remember what democrats once stood for) over a RINO.

Today's democrats fight tooth and nail to stop E-verify from becoming the law of the land and have fiercely resisted running everybody in the work force through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. They also have steadfastly refused to secure the border.

Yeah sure, democrats were all for increasing the minimum wage. But what good does that do for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens when dems fight tooth and nail to not weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs?

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of American citizens.

I guess, dsjj251, you are too young to remember when democrats truly cared about Americans. You probably think they are the same democrats your grandparents supported. See, dems are counting on low information voters to not figure that out. So, they continue to screw Americans while their supporters, like automatons, continue to vote straight "D" without a concern.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time, I expected much, much better from the dems.

Hawaii4ever---Kudos to you for taking the time to educate yourself!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

........ I guess, dsjj251, you are too young to remember when democrats truly cared about Americans. You probably think they are the same democrats your grandparents supported. See, dems are counting on low information voters to not figure that out. So, they continue to screw Americans while their supporters, like automatons, continue to vote straight "D" without a concern.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time, I expected much, much better from the dems.

Hawaii4ever---Kudos to you for taking the time to educate yourself!

What you argued in the first half of your post is your opinion and that is fine, that can be debated if needed, but that isnt what I responded to.

Hawaii4ever, posted outright lies in his example that have never even been the policy of the Democratic Party, nor was it defended or championed by Party members. If you dont want to be a Democrat, thats fine, but Hawaii4ever's post reek of right wing rhetoric, not any actual grievances with the Democratic party. No one who used to be a Democrat would talk about their former party that way. Heck, i was never a Republican and i dont even talk about Republicans that way.

In short, Hawaii4ever isnt talking about educating himself, he is posting right wing rhetoric and trying to sugar coat it in being a "former Democrat".

Old 02-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm not saying I'd be a Republican. As a gay man, a person of color and a Jew ( I know many hardcore far-right evangelicals hate us), right now there's too much hatred for me to truly want to be a Republican. I also think women should have equal pay, the right to choose, and that everyone should pay their fair share. However, I find myself having more in common with the Republicans than the Democrats. So many people in the left are just too PC to acknowledge problems we have in the world. Islamic terrorism being one of them. The far-left spreads lies about Israel, defending Hezbollah and Hamas (both of whom are terrorist groups who want to see the West destroyed), for no other reason than anti-Semitism and trying to appease Muslims. They also refuse to call ISIS and other terrorist groups "Islamic", because they're too afraid of offending people. Furthermore, there's a real lack of unity or God from that party. I'm not saying you have to be a hardcore Bible-thumper, but I think a real problem with our society today is that we "worship things instead of worshipping God". (And I don't have a problem with atheism, btw). I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

I guess I'd consider myself a Centrist or a moderate Republican.

Here is the OP's first post.

I see no "lies" there at all.

I've supported candidates on both sides of the aisle in my time. My experience at republican fund raisers is that should the OP attend one, he would be made to feel welcomed.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You may honestly not care about the sexual orientation of an individual or their ability to marry the person they love. But the Republican Party does. Supporting Traditional marriage and attempting to ban all other forms of marriage is in the 2012 party platform. (page 10 and 30 of the Party platform)

Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi all have laws on the books about the amount of sex toys you can and can not have, if they can or can not be sold in the state( some of those laws have been overturned, but it doesnt change the fact that the legislature passed them in the first place).
It doesn't seem much better for the Democratic Party either. These are some of the things I find more conservative than I do liberal or democrat.

Even as African-Americans in NC continue to support Obama, they still are staunchly against gay marriage. I know they will still vote democrat, but the fact that they went ahead and voted for an amendment banning gay marriage speaks volume, not that I generally agree with it. But this also means that there are issues among demographics that don't happen to unify the whole party.

There is also the ban on grain alcohol in Maryland. I find it rather ironic that the politicians who drew up this proposal were from a very liberal county. The concern was largely due to the fact that it was considered a "date rape" drug and encourages binge-drinking. Again I thought this was something a conservative would do, but at the time, Maryland was on all levels, very liberal and democratic.

Lastly, California's "yes means yes" law. This law is rather concerning since drunk hook-ups tend to just happen as they go. It isn't rape or sexual violence or assault. I'm not sure how proof of consent is even required. Drunk people should take responsibility of their actions. Also, this means if colleges don't have a way of handling rape, sexual assaults, etc, their funding from the state would be cut off. After seeing how UVA handled the alleged rape case highlighted by the Rolling Stone, I would predict that it won't end well, especially since they aren't as equipped as local authorities are when it comes to handling these cases.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Here is the OP's first post.

I see no "lies" there at all.

I've supported candidates on both sides of the aisle in my time. My experience at republican fund raisers is that should the OP attend one, he would be made to feel welcomed.
I was actually referring to post #27, When the OP responded to someone asking for specific examples.

But in the OP, he indeed lied as the Democratic Party has never been anti Israel as both the Party, The United States of America and the Nation of Israel themselves agreed to a 2 state solution.

To say that Democrats are anti Israel for asking Israel to stick to an agreement that they themselves say they still want to happen is disingenuous at the least.

He makes the argument about "Have a blessed day as well", now there may indeed be some far left person out there that is against that, but it definitely is no where near the Democratic Party platform, so as i stated earlier as with the San Francisco foreskin comment, thats a problem with the individual, not the party.

Same goes with the debate about Islam. No one is defending the ISIS types, the argument is simply that a few individuals do not speak for 2 billion people. If they did, we would have Nuked Iran years ago.

Its also not to criticize Christianity, only to show that no religion is perfect or has perfect followers.

If he had simply claimed "factions" who call themselves Democrats believed in this things, it could atleast be called plausible, but far fetched. By saying it was policy, it became a lie.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It doesn't seem much better for the Democratic Party either. These are some of the things I find more conservative than I do liberal or democrat.

Even as African-Americans in NC continue to support Obama, they still are staunchly against gay marriage. I know they will still vote democrat, but the fact that they went ahead and voted for an amendment banning gay marriage speaks volume, not that I generally agree with it. But this also means that there are issues among demographics that don't happen to unify the whole party.

There is also the ban on grain alcohol in Maryland. I find it rather ironic that the politicians who drew up this proposal were from a very liberal county. The concern was largely due to the fact that it was considered a "date rape" drug and encourages binge-drinking. Again I thought this was something a conservative would do, but at the time, Maryland was on all levels, very liberal and democratic.

Lastly, California's "yes means yes" law. This law is rather concerning since drunk hook-ups tend to just happen as they go. It isn't rape or sexual violence or assault. I'm not sure how proof of consent is even required. Drunk people should take responsibility of their actions. Also, this means if colleges don't have a way of handling rape, sexual assaults, etc, their funding from the state would be cut off. After seeing how UVA handled the alleged rape case highlighted by the Rolling Stone, I would predict that it won't end well, especially since they aren't as equipped as local authorities are when it comes to handling these cases.
I never said Democrats are perfect; I was responding specifically to the claims made in the post I responded to.

And yes, African Americans do tend to hold more conservative views on sexuality but you provided no proof to back up the claim that they voted overwhelmingly in favor of the amendment you posted. That vote was held in May and had 2 million less voters than the November election. A Quick google search says that the major Metros all voted against that amendment.

As for the alcohol one, yes that indeed seems stupid, as does the yes means yes bill, again Dems arent perfect .

Old 02-06-2015, 09:36 PM

dsjj251---Democrats no longer have the best interests of Americans in mind. Instead, they put illegal aliens first and foremost. Only the bluedogs get it.

As for muslims---the so-called moderate Muslims refuse to speak out loudly against terrorism. Plus they leave brave Muslims who speak out twisting in the wind, when they should be standing in solidarity with them. One poster in another thread who is Muslim, said that he won't back these brave Muslims because it isn't his concern. Another so-called moderate Muslim (not on CD) refused to denounce Hamas.

I can't see voting the straight "D" line like an automaton. The democrats have long since lost me. It's a shame that low information voters don't realize that they are being screwed over by non-bluedog dems.

As I said, neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time I would have expected much, much better from the dems.

e30is --- If I could rep you, I would!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
dsjj251---Democrats no longer have the best interests of Americans in mind. Instead, they put illegal aliens first and foremost. Only the bluedogs get it.
Again, that has nothing to do with my post, we are talking about the specific claims made by the OP.

Quote:
As for muslims---the so-called moderate Muslims refuse to speak out loudly against terrorism. Plus they leave brave Muslims who speak out twisting in the wind, when they should be standing in solidarity with them. One poster in another thread who is Muslim, said that he won't back these brave Muslims because it isn't his concern. Another so-called moderate Muslim (not on CD) refused to denounce Hamas.
Again, doesnt have anything to do with my post, or what the OP said specifically in his claims about the party. Lets stay on topic.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I dont see it that way.

Maybe i am just too extreme right but it's interesting when ronald regan wouldnt be the choice of the established republican party if he was running today. They would call him a tea partier and knock him down. That sure doesnt seam to be too far right to me. The republican party has moved to the center of historical levels which makes the center to be more left of historical center with the tea party and conservatives left off the scale all together.

Heck kennedy and bill clinton might be right of current republican leadership today if they were running.
Just who do you think would not support Reagan today in the Republican Party? Seems to me it's the Conservatives failing to speak up or stand up to President Obama, the Republicans are speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies