Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
In and of itself, no.

But it becomes islamophobia when one takes the behavior of the most extreme psychos to represent the entire religion.
You mean the way every progressive liberal came out of the woodwork to bash Christians when Westboro Baptist made fools of themselves?

Talk about an extreme ideology being met with an extreme ideology.

These Islamoextremists represent a far greater number of the Muslim pie than people are giving credit. I mean seriously; more than 65% of Muslims want Sharia law to be installed worldwide.

That is bat**** crazy, and bat**** crazy is as dangerous as the extremism, because IT IS EXTREMISM!

Old 02-10-2015, 05:50 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
For every Eric Rudolph, there are also tens of thousands of Eric Rudolph's

-Westoboro Baptist Church
-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

As I've posted many (!) times before, Christianity is not a hateful religion. But to associate Islam with ISIS is just as flawed as associating Christianity with this group of "representatives". That's all.
As much as I despise the WBC, they aren't murdering people. Muslim terrorists are.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM

398 posts, read 629,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
As much as I despise the WBC, they aren't murdering people. Muslim terrorists are.
few people he noted have killed anyone.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:07 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You mean the way every progressive liberal came out of the woodwork to bash Christians when Westboro Baptist made fools of themselves?

Talk about an extreme ideology being met with an extreme ideology.

These Islamoextremists represent a far greater number of the Muslim pie than people are giving credit. I mean seriously; more than 65% of Muslims want Sharia law to be installed worldwide.

That is bat**** crazy, and bat**** crazy is as dangerous as the extremism, because IT IS EXTREMISM!
You provided no source, so I'm going to assume you made it up. But even if you didn't, wouldn't you expect a number of any religion to say that their religious laws should be followed? Would a Christian say, "No, we don't want the Ten Commandments to be followed anywhere."

Old 02-10-2015, 07:17 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Wrong again; McVeigh was not a Christian. And his buddy Nichols wasn't a Christian until he converted afterward in jail.

Why must leftists always be dishonest when it comes to these things?

he was Catholic and regardless of what all the " Christians say" Catholics have diff theology but believe in the same God and are Christians- take it or leave it

Religious beliefs and final conversion to Roman Catholicism

McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.[89] During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.[90] McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.[91] In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."[89] In McVeigh's 2002 biography American Terrorist, he stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion.[92][93] In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic.[3] Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.[94][95][96][97][98]

Old 02-10-2015, 07:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Read the quran all of it and then you judge
I did
Btw very few Muslims have

Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
he was Catholic and regardless of what all the " Christians say" Catholics have diff theology but believe in the same God and are Christians- take it or leave it

Religious beliefs and final conversion to Roman Catholicism

McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.[89] During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.[90] McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.[91] In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."[89] In McVeigh's 2002 biography American Terrorist, he stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion.[92][93] In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic.[3] Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.[94][95][96][97][98]
Has nothing to do with "Catholic vs Christian" and everything to do with the fact that he wrote identifying himself as agnostic.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Does anyone except the WBC not despise the WBC? A family of bigoted attorneys posing as a church for the tax and speech breaks.

Even so, I don't think they've killed anyone. But leftists must deflect from the jihadists! Hey, look over there!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
With all due respect, sir, please reference or link one post here that defends ISIS. I haven't found any with an extensive search.
There are some who defend the religion of Islam, but nobody is defending ISIS. Perhaps you're confusing the two or under the false premise that defending the religion of Islam is the same as defending ISIS?
It's not that people so much support ISIS. Many seem to be doing the same thing as the President finding excuses and blaming 1000 yr old Christianity for actions that have nothing to do with today.

What is strange these are the same people the Christians battled then, why the excuses???

At least I have learned the meaning of "Long Live the King" through all of this.

My question if Islam is so close to Christianity and Judaism why do they deny the line of David? One can't interpret even the OT ,without recognizing the line of David and the line of Ishmael.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:48 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I do not believe criticizing Islam is "Islamophobia."

However, I also do not think that pointing out that the truly vile, violent, terrorist thug element in the Muslim world is NOT indicative of all Muslims as a whole or of the entire faith is the same as being an Islamic apologist or terrorist sympathizer.

I will criticize anyone from any religion who uses their faith as a shield against, or justification for violence, bigotry, hate, fear, etc.

I personally believe (and have said so before) that members of the Taliban, Al Quaeda, Boka Haram, ISIS, etc. should be executed on sight. No trial, no lockup, no fanfare--just shot to death and left in the sand.

However, I also believe that MOST Muslims, globally speaking, are perfectly reasonable, peaceful people. I have known, worked with, been neighbors with, and befriended several Muslims around the USA and without exception they are all ashamed and aghast at the violence some groups commit in the name of Islam.

In other words, I don't believe that these violent thug terrorist organizations are indicative of all Muslims any more than I feel the KKK or Westboro Baptist is indicative of all Christians.

This doesn't mean I give a "pass" to the violent extremists or fail to recognize that, at this point in human history, the bulk of violent atrocities committed in the name of religion are coming from the Muslim world.

Just read the Hadith and Koran, the books and others Muslims, all Muslims say they follow/believe say convert or die or in some instances you can pay a demi (tax/money) for some time. I would not care what they believe, but death should come to the "infidels" that don't agree follow them. Their own literature says that/and/or has examples of that action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies