Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 11:04 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,028,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I notice that the Crusades and the Inquisition are relevant to Obama and his parrots .... while the Benghazi Massacre is "Old News".
Of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 11:18 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,321,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Truth is, you guys want one thing: American ground troops fighting ISIS.

Nothing Obama does or says will be good enough until he does that.

Which is why you should be paid no attention to.
Yes. I do want American troops fighting ISIL. I think it's a mistake to ignore the threat until they finally attack us on our own ground. If you had spent even one day in Iraq fighting these savages yourself, then you would know how ruthless and violent their ideology is and you might change your tune.

But you likely won't ever engage in the fight. And that's okay, because there are plenty of us who have and will. You're welcome by the way.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:45 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Yes. I do want American troops fighting ISIL. I think it's a mistake to ignore the threat until they finally attack us on our own ground. If you had spent even one day in Iraq fighting these savages yourself, then you would know how ruthless and violent their ideology is and you might change your tune.

But you likely won't ever engage in the fight. And that's okay, because there are plenty of us who have and will. You're welcome by the way.
You're right...I'm not gonna fight ISIS until they show up on my property in Arizona and not a day before.

If I'd spent a day in Iraq fighting these savages? For what? They didn't do anything to me and I didn't lose anything in Iraq. I'm proud of the fact that I didn't participate.

"You're welcome?" I never said thanks. Don't plan to either.

You go fight ISIS...I'm gonna sit here at home enjoying this great weather.

I'll be thinking about you! (Not really)

Old 02-07-2015, 12:22 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,644,082 times
looking back at Germany and the Nazi the same could be said of actions after WWI. but like pointed out its useless looking back when facing a challenge. We can even look back at failed withdrawal from Iraq as the attacks we face from Ukraine to Middle a east are by our weaknesses now. The reality the enemy today in middle east is same that supported Nazi's in WWII.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,737,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
For those who voted for him:
You got what you wanted! Are you happy now?
For those of you who don't know anything about Obama's speech other than what was cut, edited, and interpreted for you by right-wing media, allow me to give you some other statement Obama made in this same speech.

Quote:
Obama spoke at length about the Islamic State, which he called a "brutal, vicious death cult that in the name of religion" carries out "acts of barbarism."
Quote:
Faith, he said, is being "twisted and distorted" and "used as a weapon" by the Islamic State, which he said subjects women to rape as an act of war and persecutes religious minorities. He also warned of groups using religion as a means for carrying out brutality in Africa and a rising tide of anti-Semitism and hate crimes in Europe.
Quote:
"No God condones terror, no grievance justifies the taking of innocent lives or the oppression of those who are weaker or fewer in number," he said. "We are summoned to push back against those who would distort our religion for their nihilistic ends."
Obama hails Dalai Lama, condemns the Islamic State at National Prayer Breakfast - The Washington Post

Old 02-07-2015, 12:46 PM

2,394 posts, read 2,999,527 times
Quote:
Obama isn't Chamberlain, this ain't 1938, nor is Iraq Poland or Czechoslovakia.
I agree, Obama is worse than Chamberlain. At least Chamberlain was trying to act in the best interests of Britain. I am not convinced Obama is acting in the best interests of the United States.

The fact that this isn't 1938 or that Iraq is not Poland is irrelevant. The relevant fact is we have well financed group that is bent on performing acts of evil as a means to expand their territory and increase their authority. They have a clearly stated intention to bring harm to Americans on our shores. Those that think appeasement will be a successful strategy in the long term have failed to learn the lessons of history.

Further, it should be noted that we have long standing allies in the region. Some of those allies will be first in the line of fire as ISIS continues to extend their capabilities and their reach. When the time comes we will help defend our allies in the region. I believe we will be better served to be proactive rather than let ISIS continue to grow and fester.

Or would you suggest we abandon our allies in the region when the time comes?

Quote:
ISIS is coming to these shores on what? Amphibious Assault vehicles? Armed with an Iranian nuke?

Geez...you folks and your hyperbole.
Obviously they are not going to attempt a full scale invasion. Rather, they will continue their terrorist tactics. ISIS smuggling a low tech/small scale nuke into the country is not beyond imagination. Could happen in a shipping container, could happen across our southern border.

I also expect them to ramp up smaller scale terrorist actions in our country. They clearly have the desire and the intention. I believe they have the financial ability. If we leave them alone I have no doubt that there will come a time when they will be killing Americans in America.

Dave

Old 02-07-2015, 12:52 PM

2,394 posts, read 2,999,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This is merely an anecdote and proves nothing.

Do you think Iran has it's nuclear program fully secured, and there is no chance of a rogue agent supplying ISIS with the means to acquire a nuke? Are you willing to bet that there is no chance that ISIS might acquire weapons of mass destruction, nuclear or otherwise, by force from any of the agents that have them in the middle east?

I am not willing to take that chance.

Dave

Last edited by Cnynrat; 02-07-2015 at 02:09 PM..

Old 02-07-2015, 01:30 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Actually, an even better friend is sponsoring, arming, and propping up terrorist groups when it's convenient for you to do so, then condemning it when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Another friend of terrorism is committing terrorist acts yourself, and being blessed to have a populace that conveniently forgets what their own government has done around the world.

Moral relativism has lots of company it seems.
You know the rules, we can do it, they can't.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
If we didn't go into Iraq and overthrow their leader there very well wouldn't be any ISIS

Quote:
Ask yourself why ISIS, ISIL, and Al Qaeda exist.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:38 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,759,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Your commentators and you sure believe in EPIC terms... to me, those terms are EPIC stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies