Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 01:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I agree, Obama is worse than Chamberlain. At least Chamberlain was trying to act in the best interests of Britain. I am not convinced Obama is acting in the best interests of the United States.

The fact that this isn't 1938 or that Iraq is not Poland is irrelevant. The relevant fact is we have well financed group that is bent on performing acts of evil as a means to expand their territory and increase their authority. They have a clearly stated intention to bring harm to Americans on our shores. Those that think appeasement will be a successful strategy in the long term have failed to learn the lessons of history.

Further, it should be noted that we have long standing allies in the region. Some of those allies will be first in the line of fire as ISIS continues to extend their capabilities and their reach. When the time comes we will help defend our allies in the region. I believe we will be better served to be proactive rather than let ISIS continue to grow and fester.

Or would you suggest we abandon our allies in the region when the time comes?

Obviously they are not going to attempt a full scale invasion. Rather, they will continue their terrorist tactics. ISIS smuggling a low tech/small scale nuke into the country is not beyond imagination. Could happen in a shipping container, could happen across our southern border.

I also expect them to ramp up smaller scale terrorist actions in our country. They clearly have the desire and the intention. I believe they have the financial ability. If we leave them alone I have no doubt that there will come a time when they will be killing Americans in America.

Dave
Where in the constitution does it say to protect other countries borders better than how we protect ours? They didn't mess with us until we went over there to protect our oil interests. Our government is murderous scum.

There want us over there for the fight, it's much easier for them to fight us there than over here.

If they wanted to get us they'd could do it easy enough. shhhhhh don't tell them about our unprotected border in the south by Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 02:14 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Where in the constitution does it say to protect other countries borders better than how we protect ours? They didn't mess with us until we went over there to protect our oil interests. Our government is murderous scum.
The constitution does not define our foreign policy. This is a foreign policy matter, not a constitutional matter.

Quote:
There want us over there for the fight, it's much easier for them to fight us there than over here.
I really doubt they want us over there for the fight - they know that if we wanted to we could easily defeat them.

Unfortunately, they also understand we don't have the will to fight, so they can taunt us while they gather the strength to achieve their ultimate objectives.

Quote:
If they wanted to get us they'd could do it easy enough. shhhhhh don't tell them about our unprotected border in the south by Mexico.
Give them time and the will be here, and very likely by taking advantage of our southern border. Not at all a secret that it's an open border BTW.

Dave

Old 02-07-2015, 02:39 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
One does not know, does one, because he NEVER uses the words Islam or Muhammad in connection with ISIS or any other terrorist act that has been committed in the name of Muhammad.
So, you do not know what religion ISIS is associated with. Seriously?

Old 02-07-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you do not know what religion ISIS is associated with. Seriously?
I do, but that isn't the question. Does Obama?

Old 02-07-2015, 04:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
I do, but that isn't the question. Does Obama?
You can't be serious.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:33 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're right...I'm not gonna fight ISIS until they show up on my property in Arizona and not a day before.

If I'd spent a day in Iraq fighting these savages? For what? They didn't do anything to me and I didn't lose anything in Iraq. I'm proud of the fact that I didn't participate.

"You're welcome?" I never said thanks. Don't plan to either.

You go fight ISIS...I'm gonna sit here at home enjoying this great weather.

I'll be thinking about you! (Not really)
ISIL fighters aren't your run-of-the-mill Iraqi's. They are Islamic extremists, hell-bent on forcing everyone to submit to Sharia Law. They are cut from the same cloth as the 9-11 nutcases. So yeah, their ideology did do something to us. They attacked us and killed thousands of innocent Americans in NYC, DC, and PA. They continue to attack and kill anyone who disagrees with them. They enslave children, sell women, rape, murder, terrorize and promote hatred. So yeah, we're gonna keep kicking their teeth in every chance we get. It's what we do and that's what separates us from every other nation on Earth.

You can stick your head in the sand and ignore the threat if you choose to. You certainly don't have to say "thank you" to me. Most of us vets don't really want a person like you to talk to us anyway. We're perfectly happy to be ignored by your kind. Like I said earlier, we'll still continue to protect you and your right to disagree. Maybe you should consider whether or not ISIL would make you the same deal before you run us down though...

Enjoy that sunny AZ weather. I grew up on a ranch South of Tucson. It's beautiful there this time of year. Cheers.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You can't be serious.
Then WTF doesn't he say it! THIS is the crux of the issue most of us have with him. He is standing with Islam by protecting them from criticism.

Dave

Old 02-07-2015, 05:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
ISIL fighters aren't your run-of-the-mill Iraqi's. They are Islamic extremists, hell-bent on forcing everyone to submit to Sharia Law. They are cut from the same cloth as the 9-11 nutcases. So yeah, their ideology did do something to us. They attacked us and killed thousands of innocent Americans in NYC, DC, and PA. They continue to attack and kill anyone who disagrees with them. They enslave children, sell women, rape, murder, terrorize and promote hatred. So yeah, we're gonna keep kicking their teeth in every chance we get. It's what we do and that's what separates us from every other nation on Earth.

You can stick your head in the sand and ignore the threat if you choose to. You certainly don't have to say "thank you" to me. Most of us vets don't really want a person like you to talk to us anyway. We're perfectly happy to be ignored by your kind. Like I said earlier, we'll still continue to protect you and your right to disagree. Maybe you should consider whether or not ISIL would make you the same deal before you run us down though...

Enjoy that sunny AZ weather. I grew up on a ranch South of Tucson. It's beautiful there this time of year. Cheers.
Oh Lord...You're a fellow Arizonan...and you think like this?

Embarrassing. What have they done to you up in Colorado?

Come home and get your sanity back.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:13 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Oh Lord...You're a fellow Arizonan...and you think like this?

Embarrassing.
I am. And I do.

No worries though friend. One of the best parts of being Americans is that we can agree to disagree and still enjoy a good sunset over a beer.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:37 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Then WTF doesn't he say it! THIS is the crux of the issue most of us have with him. He is standing with Islam by protecting them from criticism.

Dave
No you shouldn't be criticizing Islam for it, since the great majority of Muslims hate them and the middle eastern countries have been openly warring against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies