Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:15 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
I ignore the signs about hats and glasses. I am courteous enough to remove the panty hose from my head, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxpyZtzvTJ0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I now have very little in the bank......about $46,000.....just what I need to run my business.

The rest.......is not in the system.
Under your pillow?

Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Under your pillow?
Nope.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
I do think they are extremists because they go way beyond what their own holy book says.
And if some Christian church or sect said they needed to hide their faces, I would be against that as well and call them extremists.
I 100% disagree with your outlook in general, but I have to admit, I researched it, and you are 100% correct. The Quran does not mention the Burkah. But wearing one does not make one an extremist, any more than you wearing a Cross (if you do) makes you one. I'm not defending wearing it in the bank either, just trying to show how irrelevant (albeit accurate) your comment is.

Quote:
It is quite simple. In my view the same rules should apply that have to be observed when taking photos for passports, ID cards, etc. The safety of society is more important than the freedom of the individual.
You expect everyone to walk around town with a blue or red background, just to cash a check? [since "litteral" seems to be your MO...]

^EDIT: I just read your last statement. Wow, you really have a lot of disrespect for our constitution. WOW! WOW! Just throw away the constitution huh? I mean, we'd let far less guilty people go if we got rid of a right to a fair trial, right? Guns, you don't need guns. Just think of how many less people would get shot if we just took 'em all away, right? You seem to have a hard time grasping that those rights you want to throw away are the same ones that protect YOU! What you are really saying is that you don't want certain portions of our society to have rights. Only SOME citizens should have rights, but not the ones you can't understand.. Scary!

Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Probably in an sealed barrel at the bottom of some hole you drilled in your garden

Old 02-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Probably in an sealed barrel at the bottom of some hole you drilled in your garden
Nope......I lease vaults.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I 100% disagree with your outlook in general, but I have to admit, I researched it, and you are 100% correct. The Quran does not mention the Burkah. But wearing one does not make one an extremist, any more than you wearing a Cross (if you do) makes you one. I'm not defending wearing it in the bank either, just trying to show how irrelevant (albeit accurate) your comment is.

You expect everyone to walk around town with a blue or red background, just to cash a check? [since "litteral" seems to be your MO...]

^EDIT: I just read your last statement. Wow, you really have a lot of disrespect for our constitution. WOW! WOW! Just throw away the constitution huh? I mean, we'd let far less guilty people go if we got rid of a right to a fair trial, right? Guns, you don't need guns. Just think of how many less people would get shot if we just took 'em all away, right? You seem to have a hard time grasping that those rights you want to throw away are the same ones that protect YOU! What you are really saying is that you don't want certain portions of our society to have rights. Only SOME citizens should have rights, but not the ones you can't understand.. Scary!
Comparing the burka to the cross is ridiculous. One hides the face, the other doesn't. Hiding one's identity is anti-social behavior in my view.

Don't know what the rest of your post refers to...
Which rights am I throwing away?! Is there a right to hide one's face in a bank or to wear a burka? I don't even think those things are regulated in many Western countries, yet.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Wrong, I have every right to say what I think
Of course you have that right to say what you think. No one said anything different. You also have the opportunity to have what you say about what you think be condemned on the basis of (in this case) religious insensitivity and intolerance.

Quote:
The West is our civilization
"Our" civilization including them. Even if you don't like it. You won't find an unrebutted soapbox for rhetoric that advocates treating any American who isn't like you or doesn't embrace your view of how our society should be as if they don't have as much say as you do and as much right to equal protection under the law, including religious protection.

Quote:
There is no point in your analogy to Driller1's statement
Yes there is. It repudiates a perspective you prefer. That upsets you. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I now have very little in the bank......about $46,000.....just what I need to run my business.
And therefore, like I said, your money isn't the only money at the bank, and your money isn't the only money in the monetary system.

What's really sad is that it isn't even a matter of yes versus no - you're vigorously insisting on refusing to factor in respect for Americans you don't like. That's indefensible.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

What's really sad is that it isn't even a matter of yes versus no - you're vigorously insisting on refusing to factor in respect for Americans you don't like. That's indefensible.
The Americans I do not like????

I put over a million dollars into the economy every year.

That makes jobs.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
I don't need them, but if I'm already wearing them, it's more comfortable for me to just keep them on. Why does the policy apply to some, but not to others?

Five years ago, in Philadelphia, three bank robbers dressed in Muslim garb robbed a bank and in the pursuing chase a cop was gunned down.
Two points:

1. Bank robbers typically wear sunglasses, caps and hats to hide their identity.

2. Out of respect, you, I and all other customers, should remove these items when we get to the bank's front door.

It's just common sense. ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies