Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 05:18 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
That's exactly what I'm doing... Have you read my thread history?
No, can't say I have. I'll have a look though.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:16 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I am saying muslims do not support ISIS and their tactics, just as modern christians say Westboro Baptist Church does not reflect christianity. But some are stating that Obama thinks its fine whatever. I am asking if you have a quote where it shows Obama has stated, not word for word, but where he said it is fine for ISIS to act like it is 1000 years ago.

Jordan is a good example. They cited in the Koran where ISIS murder of the Jordanian pilot goes against Islam, so does the hatefulness of Westboro go against christianity.

I love the idea of a national prayer breakfast with politicians.
Really? Because numerous polls from various Islamic countries show that the majority of the population in those countries want Sharia Law imposed worldwide--which is the goal of ISIS.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:26 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
BHO's right - Christians killed 270 millions over 1400 years of jihad.
Oh, my mistake, that's ISLAM, not Christianity.
. . .
POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
Christians : 60 million
Buddhists : 10 million
Hindus : 80 million
Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : Political Islam - Islam's ideology about unbelievers, Kafirs
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)

Old 02-10-2015, 06:52 PM

601 posts, read 459,924 times

Looks like a peace loving bunch to me

Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 PM

157 posts, read 192,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Looks like a peace loving bunch to me

Old 02-10-2015, 07:55 PM

107 posts, read 133,531 times
There are active Christian terrorists groups in Africa, India, among other places. Just an important detail some of you are missing (there's a strong only the Western Christian countries vs. only the Middle Eastern Muslim countries theme going on here).

If we're doing historical comparisons they are both pretty equally ****ed up. How about those Crusades eh? Or that political Christianity in the West all the way up to the 1800s (and even later to an extent)? Or all those terrorist groups like the KKK as mentioned earlier?

Edit: Read more and I notice this has already been said.

Kind of weird how some of you will say 'well they're just extremists not real Christians' but not extend the same logic to Muslims.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
None of what is going on today is about Christians vs Muslims. It is about freedom and a way of life vs the lack of both.

The statement he made displayed a complete lack of understanding.

There was no USA during the crusades. Such foolishness.

There was one during:

Slavery, backed by Christian beliefs

The Klan Attacks in the name of Christianity

Abortion bombings and killings

Come to think of it are the Catholics and the Protestants still at each other throats?

Millions have died in the name of religion at different periods of time, and one is no better than another. Those Terrorist are not true Muslims nor or they followers of Islam no more are the people who kill abortion doctors.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
You're using the term high horse out of context. Though I'm glad Martin Luther King encouraged change, I'm not sure he went about it in the correct fashion. Why he was against segregation is beyond me. I can't wrap my mind around why any African American would want to intermingle with the descendents of the "founders" of this country.

Either you are too young to understand why it was necessary or you really don't care, but let me help you out. If blacks were separate but really equal, no one really would have cared, but of course you knew this didn't you? Blacks did not and in some cases still do not have the same standard of living as whites so instead of demanding something that would never happen, integration was the next best thing.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 PM

157 posts, read 192,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Either you are too young to understand why it was necessary or you really don't care, but let me help you out. If blacks were separate but really equal, no one really would have cared, but of course you knew this didn't you? Blacks did not and in some cases still do not have the same standard of living as whites so instead of demanding something that would never happen, integration was the next best thing.
I'm not sure if this is a serious post or how it replies to what I've stated. I have no desire to live with, around, or amongst Europeans or European descendents. What I was saying is I can't understand why Martin Luther King apparently did. As far as standards of living go, I have found that that's an arbitrary term used by people of West European descent in order to make themselves feel superior, same with your peoples' use of the term 3rd world. If you guys need such validation, then have at it with your "studies". If at all possible I try not to argue with self loving West Europeans, because there's no reasoning with you people.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 PM

575 posts, read 616,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It could be worse, we could have Hitllary.
That was fast, usually it takes longer to get to Hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies