Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I DO- it's the so called christians throwing out the most hate - the radicals/terrorists are killing people YES- we need to annihilate them but JUST them- Yet look at those women the other day acting like rabid dogs to some event in Texas - I am telling you "HE" God will say "I never knew you"- to that bunch. REAL Christians are NOT haters- not proud-and do not live in FEAR and they KNOW who is in control, they pray for their president and all our leaders- even if they don't agree- and they also know just passing through this world- Does anyone read the Bible anymore?
Exactly. If I were God, and had these nuts lined up at admission gate in Heaven, I would personally come out, bitchslap them one by one and yell at them for making such a bastardization of my religion. Then I would immediately send them on a complimentary express train to purgatory.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Exactly. If I were God, and had these nuts lined up at admission gate in Heaven, I would personally come out, bitchslap them one by one and yell at them for making such a bastardization of my religion. Then I would immediately send them on a complimentary express train to purgatory.
That is the smiting God we often hear of when it comes to religion rather than the forgiving father God I believe in that may not like what you have done but so long as they confess to it and show regret, they would be allowed into heaven. That said, most of these radicals would likely show no regret whether it is Christian abortion bomber or radicalized ISIL/ISIS member so they would end up in purgatory if not hell for not atoning to their sins.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:02 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowlly View Post
Source please? I have not heard anything about this and really doubt it's true. Remember: what you read on Facebook is not a source. Even if you hate him you have to admit he is much more eloquent than that.

Since it was the biggest story of the week, you obviously don't follow politics.

Hell, if you google "obama" click "news" the FIRST NINE stories that come up are about THAT.

Bad enough the insulting false equivalence but he does it at the National Prayer Breakfast for chrissakes.

Obama sees religion as key tool against extremism
CNN-1 hour agoShare

Washington (CNN) How President Barack Obama discusses the fight against ISIS -- pointedly refusing to call it a war on Islam or a religious war ...

Andrea Mitchell Did Not Like Obama's Crusades Remark
Mediaite-6 hours ago

Obama, Trying to Add Context to Speech, Faces Backlash Over ...
Highly Cited-New York Times-Feb 6, 2015

'You Don't Use The Word Crusade': Andrea Mitchell Pans 'Out Of ...
Opinion-Daily Caller-6 hours ago

Obama criticized for 'Crusades' remark: What did he really mean? (+ ...
In-Depth-Christian Science Monitor-22 hours ago

Obama and Christianity
Blog-The Economist (blog)-41 minutes ago

Obama the Theologian
New York Times-1 hour agoShare
PRESIDENT OBAMA, like many well-read inhabitants of public life, is a professed admirer of Reinhold Niebuhr, the famous mid-20th-century ...

Obama's Drones Have Killed More Than the Spanish Inquisition
PJ Media-Feb 7, 2015

Old 02-08-2015, 05:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
But that quote is NOT WHAT OBAMA SAID. People on here are going to read it and assume it is true, which they would do whether there was a source for it or not, but it is incorrect.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:36 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Obama says to Christians "Get off your high horse, you used to kill people too"

The quote used in the citation below does not match yours. But given the fact that you already hated the POTUS makes your version of the statemet predictable.

“And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

*Critics pounce after Obama talks Crusades, slavery at prayer breakfast - The Washington Post

If a republican stated (Sarah Palin maybe?) something along the lines of "historically, christianity has its share of atrocities", those of you who hate the POTUS (not talking policies which go through congress, but blind hatred for the human being) you would not blink an eye. In fact, if you were honest, you would not disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Obama is a complete embarrassment as a President.
i'm not christian and i'm not muslim, maybe, i'm an atheist, but today, a lot of people can't understand what really the word "Atheist" means, that's why i don't wanna call myself like this.
So i'm not supporter of any relegion, byt it pissed me off.
Why, such incompetent man is our leader? Maybe you can tell me?
Given the historical treatment of the US Govt. towards Native Americans, I would say Obama is far from being the worst POTUS.

I have to laugh every time a white person, excuse me, a "patriot" cries about Obama. You know nothing of the US history of lies and illegal activity by the US Govt. with regard to native Peoples except what has been white-washed in your "history" books.

If you really want to white wash it, excuse me ~ spin it~ every president of the US has been a white christian. Look how America has treated its native Peoples. Look where the country is now and was before Obama was elected. Maybe the white christians who hate the POTUS need to get off the pity pot.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It is true.
Christians brutalized people, too.

However, I don't know what kind of stupid argument he's trying to make with that fact.
He's saying Crusaders of 1,000 years ago were mean old Christians but present day Islamic terrorists aren't Muslims.

And apparently it's perfectly fine for THEM to behave like they did 1000 years ago.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:43 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
He's saying Crusaders of 1,000 years ago were mean old Christians but present day Islamic terrorists aren't Muslims.

And apparently it's perfectly fine for THEM to behave like they did 1000 years ago.
Fine to you? To muslims? Perfectly fine to brutalize in the name of greed, but not religion? ISIS does NOT represent muslims anymore than you represent christianity.

Where did Obama say it was "perfectly fine for THEM to behave like they did 1000 years ago"? Do you have a citation for that statement? Or is that what you guys call "spin"?

There are thousands in our prison system who brutalize other americans and it is not political or religious. It is just criminal. No one is justifying muslim extremists except other muslim extremists.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:52 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Not too long ago they were bombing women's health clinics and killing doctors.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Fine to you? To muslims? Perfectly fine to brutalize in the name of greed, but not religion? ISIS does NOT represent muslims anymore than you represent christianity.

Where did Obama say it was "perfectly fine for THEM to behave like they did 1000 years ago"? Do you have a citation for that statement? Or is that what you guys call "spin"?

There are thousands in our prison system who brutalize other americans and it is not political or religious. It is just criminal. No one is justifying muslim extremists except other muslim extremists.
I never said I was quoting Obama.

But....Ohhhhh I get it.

EXTREMISTS from 1000 years ago get thrown in the faces of the 2015 Christians at a PRAYER BREAKFAST as "Christian" but MUSLIM EXTREMISTS present day 2015 don't get called that. They get called "radical extremists".

BTW you better FACTCHECK yourself and your Obamaisms.

HE NEVER calls Muslim Extremists that. His entire administration insists on calling them "RADICAL EXTREMISTS".

So yeah. APPARENTLY only CHRISTIANS were deserving of being called out by name.

LOL and I'm not even one. But I'm not clueless, either.

Lemme see if I get your Obamalogic:

If you were a CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST 1000 years ago, you're called a CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST. (Even though you were fighting to take back YOUR land that Muslims took).

If you are a MUSLIM extremist in 2015, you're a RADICAL EXTREMIST.

Let me know the MINUTE you hear Obama say "Muslim/Islamist Extremist" cuz I must be missing all those speeches. Maybe he said it when they met with the Muslim Brotherhood?

BTW:

MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD:

Quote:
“We are at the beginning of a new phase where we summon our strength and evoke the meaning of jihad, and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons and daughters and whoever follows our path for relentless jihad where we ask for martyrdom,
http://eg.webradar.me/portal/114615347

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-08-2015 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 06:50 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
from another president- hmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies