Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,719,453 times

Advertisements

I'm angry at the ignorance of people who try to impose their un-researched, un-explored views on others when it comes to politics.
I'm angry at the people who try to press their religious views on me rudely, despite me being polite.
I'm angry at the terrible drivers in the DC area and the bald headed little man driving an SUV that nearly t-boned me yesterday and yet still yelled "Shut up you ****"
I'm angry at myself for being mean to others on this board when I don't really intend to be :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,109,203 times
Well, 11 posts later and all is well. I am glad I started this thread....keep it coming folks. I may not reply to every post in the forum but I will in other ways.

OK, here's one from me:

I get angry when I have to "press 1 for English" when I call DirecTV or other service...or when I use my debit card at the grocery store. I don't care what anyone in the government says this is America and we speak English here.

I never remember a "press 2 for Italian, Portuguese, Gaelic, French or other language and I get angry when I have to wait at the hospital emergency room because someone has to translate Spanish for an ILLEGAL immigrant.

Ok, on with venting the anger...I feel better already!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,779,474 times
I am angry that I can no longer talk to a human being at any company anymore to fix a problem. I have to listen through menu screens none of which describe my situation. I sometimes will get through about 7 menu levels and then I get hung up on. I have to get a pen and paper to write the number sequence of the path I am trying to follow so I do not have to go through the pain each time....2,1,3,9,9. I finally get to the Holy Grail of "And if you want to speak to a customer representative, press...", and without fail the person cannot help me or transfer me to the department that can help me. More often than not from India and can barely speak English with absolutely no comprehension of the issue I am trying to resolve.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:53 AM

1,479 posts, read 5,071,707 times
I'm angry that so many seemingly intelligent Americans make ignorant generalizations and categorize "Liberals" and "Conservatives", and about our two party political system.

Why is everybody either one or the other, our team or the theirs?

No one can seem to discuss issues without saying "well Bush..." "well Clinton..." "the government..." "blah, blah, blah..." Stay on topic.

Divided we fall, my friends.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,613,550 times
I am not so much angry as really disappointed, disgusted and tired of all the crap handed to us by pandering politicians, corrupt corporations and untrustable authorities.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:08 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,109,203 times
Thumbs up Truer words were never spoken

As Eastern Roamer just said, "Divided we fall, my friends."

There is so much truth in that yet we all forget that we are all in the same apple barrel!

I am proud to call myself an Independent

Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,573,907 times
I'm angry about the price of tea in China..
I'm angry as to "how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 AM

278 posts, read 908,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
I'm angry that so many seemingly intelligent Americans make ignorant generalizations and categorize "Liberals" and "Conservatives", and about our two party political system.

Why is everybody either one or the other, our team or the theirs?

No one can seem to discuss issues without saying "well Bush..." "well Clinton..." "the government..." "blah, blah, blah..." Stay on topic.

Divided we fall, my friends.
I make Liberal jokes also, but you are so correct in what you are saying. It's one thing to jest in fun....it's entirely something different when a group of people can't even have an intelligent conversation without generalizing and polarizing.

I'm not a tree hugger, but thank God they have made our country a better place. I'm not a PETA person, but thank God for the strides they have made in protecting animals. The list goes on and on. We all need each other to make it all work.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,974,000 times
I get angry when I call for computer help and technicians do not know the answer and will not tell you that but put you on hold and you get disconnected. Spending hours getting the problem resolved - literally hours.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,145,312 times
I'm only angry about how indifferent we are to the handicapped folks.

Other than that, only disagreements but no anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies