Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
God will not have to concern himself with the destruction of the US. We are doing a fine job of it all by ourselves.
Lol...wow. Unbelievable.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hague's defense of Israel has all to do with End Times and nothing to do with democracy or respect of the Jewish faith.
I have no issue with open immigration from Israel to the U.S. Seems a win- win on all sides.
Hagee is making it about Israel, when it's not. It's about Israeli parties. If he examined his own message it would boil down to this: "God will punish America if we do not support Netanyahu and the Likud party".

He forgets that even if Netanyahu loses the elections, Israel would still be Israel, and US would still be their ally and ATM machine.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:46 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Hague's defense of Israel has all to do with End Times and nothing to do with democracy or respect of the Jewish faith.
Hagee is a heel-licker.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:52 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
As many jews, both here and in israel, know full well. And they also know that if this is not how boehner personally feels, he is still seeking votes and support from people who do see jews as pivotal actors in the end times (although of course, unless they stop being jews and start being christians, they're going to hell).

Old 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
I believe this is over simplifying things. God makes it clear in His Word that those who bless His chosen people will be blessed. When our nation stops supporting Israel, that will be the final nail in Americas coffin. If Obama could get away with doing that now, I believe he would. God won't have to destroy our nation- we are doing a good job of it as it is. He may just sit back, and say "I warned you, but you chose to reject me and My Word". That will lead top our destruction.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I gave my opinion on the topic. Reread what I said.

God will spare us (America & Israel) and smite the Demonrat Party.

It's all over but the crying
Demonrat? Haha. I see what you did there! Maybe god will smite you with puberty so you can participate in an adult discussion someday.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I believe this is over simplifying things. God makes it clear in His Word that those who bless His chosen people will be blessed. When our nation stops supporting Israel, that will be the final nail in Americas coffin. If Obama could get away with doing that now, I believe he would. God won't have to destroy our nation- we are doing a good job of it as it is. He may just sit back, and say "I warned you, but you chose to reject me and My Word". That will lead top our destruction.
Your pretend deity doesn't care one way or the other about America. So keep
him out of this.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
God also makes it very clear in His word who "His chosen people" are and they are not the Jews. The Jews rejected God and His messiah. Their entire temple worship has been destroyed. Because of their rejection of Him, God rejects them. The "Church" is now the spiritual Israel and heir of the promises of God.

Your last statement, "I warned you, but you have chose to reject Me and My word" applies to all unbelievers including Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc.

This entire Theology of God having two different chosen people is non biblical, incorrect and actually a heresy of the first order. When this view first appeared by the likes of Herbert W Armstrong and His worldwide church of God it was universally rejected by all Christian denominations. The reason it is accepted today and only in the USA is because it's political, entirely secular and worldly in the extreme.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:21 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Your pretend deity doesn't care one way or the other about America. So keep
him out of this.
He does care, but he gives us a free will to follow or reject Him. Our nation is choosing to reject Him. God cannot be kept out of anything.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
What kind of God would have " chosen people" ?

People who say or believe they are inspired by God have said/ written / done some of the darnedest things for thousands of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies