Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Very true, although you don't see Uganda threatening to come to the West and behead everyone. Uganda has many horrific things happening to my people (gays), and I condemn this behavior and think something must be done (heavy sanctions, more media attention). But the Muslim extremists pose more of a threat
Depends on where you are. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that gay people in uganda are far more worried about their christian government than any muslim terrorist anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 09:45 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
But don't you see? That was 50 years ago! Let's also not forget that back then, sensible Christians (Quakers, Dr. King, etc) were standing up against them and condemning those actions. This is TODAY!! Islam has not evolved--it's still as heathen and barbaric as its always been. And where are the so-called moderates? Even the ones who don't like ISIS still tend to hate the West, Israel, and non-Muslims.
Symbolically marrying one's father is evolved?
This is happening right now, in this country.

"Purity Balls are creepy religious ceremonies infused with ritual father-daughter incest where daughters who have just begun menstruating are formally instructed that they “are married to the Lord” and that their father is their “boyfriend.”"

Creepy Christian

Question: do you believe that the entire Muslim population of Dearborn, MI "hates the west?"

What ISIS/ISIL does is not sane. I don't believe that anyone would argue with that.
Boku Haram is not sane either.
Nor are any number of these types of organizations around the world.

They are all entitled to our scorn and disgust.
But, what should be done about them?
And I mean, all of them?

Should we, as is so often the case, just concentrate on one group and ignore the others?
Or should we be prepared to send our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters... everywhere and anywhere people act despicably against one another?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 AM

998 posts, read 665,172 times
I've lived in both Muslim nations in the middle east (as a student... not a soldier or missionary) and I've lived in Christian nations, and I don't identify myself as a believer of either religion. That said, the Muslims take their religion MUCH more seriously than Christians, and what many of the apologists for Islam don't understand is... they take the Qaran as the literal word of God. The Qaran dictates that believers must cut all ties with non-believers if they're not willing to convert, and it promotes the spread of faith by sword.

Which part of the bible promotes these things?

From the Qaran... the literal word of God, remember...

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.” (Quran 8:12)

“Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are ruthless to the Unbelievers, but merciful to each other.” (Quran 48:29)

So it's no wonder that there are so many terrorist groups operating in the name of Islam. I'm not aware of Christian terrorist groups, or Christians carrying our heinous crimes against humanity in the name of the bible, aside from a very occasional nutter that bombs an abortion clinic. Nowhere in the world are Christians cutting off the heads of their enemies in the name of religion. Why can't the apologists just acknowledge that?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
@jojajn, Yes they are; however, the other 4 religions have all evolved for the most part to the point where we don't hear news stories of Hindus beheading non-believers, Christians flying airplanes into buildings, Jews burning people alive in cages, or Buddhists condoning child rape and pedophilia.

It's time to call a spade a spade.
Interesting.

Let's rearrange one of these sentences shall we?

"Christians condoning child rape and pedophilia."

Oops.

And then there's this:

In Ireland, Allegations Of A Mass Grave At Old Home For Unwed Mothers : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
As I said earlier, Christianity predates Islam by over 700 years, and Judiasm by millenia. Christians certainly weren't on their best behavior in the Middle Ages. And I'm glad you mentioned nationalism, because that is exactly what motivates ISIS. They want others out of their land.
Their land? You mean the land that Mohammad and his followers conquered? So what if Christians/Jews/Zoroastrians reconquer 'Their' Land?

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-09-2015 at 11:48 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Depends on where you are. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that gay people in uganda are far more worried about their christian government than any muslim terrorist anywhere.
That's actually the only good comparison I have heard where Christianity is almost on the same scale as ISIS. It's current and on a large scale. Overall Christianity is not a major problem in the world in any major poll. Almost every country in the world from China, to India, from Russia to Australia will recognoze that Radical Islam is one of their number one problems. Radical Christianity is not even on the radar.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Some posters will refuse to read your link because it comes from Breitbart. By refusing to take a look, they show that they are close-minded

I don't know how anyone can defend a religion that treats its women and girls so despicably. The sad thing is when they move to Western countries, they still treat their women and girls this horrible way. I live in an area that has lots of Muslims and have seen this behavior towards women and girls, which leaves me feeling sad and angry.
I'm a liberal and I read it.

I find ISIS completely nauseating and appalling. We need to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:18 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Their land? You mean the land that Mohammad and his followers conquered? So what if Christians/Jews/Zoroastrians reconquer 'Their' Land?
So if you want to go back centuries, let's think who populated the Americas in the 8th century.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So if you want to go back centuries, let's think who populated the Americas in the 8th century.
Yep, Obviously, Various Native American Tribes were here and it would be righteous for many to take back the land. Maybe the Aztec descendents can reclaim parts of Mexico too, and the Mayans can retake land that the Aztecs conquered from them. You can go back as far as you want. Relevancy depends on the individual making the claim or those who have the Might.

A good example would be the Jews reclaiming their Homeland after waiting 2000 years. You can go back 100 years and say the West, individual nations, and local tribes stole land from the Ottoman Turks too. would that be more relevant since it was within 100 years.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:42 AM

922 posts, read 806,788 times
I respect Muslim women more than whores like kim Kartrashian, how many western women use their liberty for good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies