Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Yes, it happens in regions of the world today---in Muslim regions!

I know there are Muslims who are good, and even serve in our military, in Israel's military, in government, etc. But with this many bad apples, there's something wrong with the orchard.
Christian regions as well, such as Uganda .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 PM

549 posts, read 456,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Nobody is making an "excuse". It isn't an excuse to point out the fact that the age of Islam today is equivalent to Christianity in the 1300s in terms of age.
1. How is an "age" of a religion relevant? islam was born in violence and has been violent ever since.
2. Following your beloved messiah, you excuse violence of the muslims by actions of the Christians during the crusades. And like your beloved messiah, you ignore the fact, that the crusades were a response to muslim invasion and occupation of nearly two thirds of the Christian world.

Last edited by vvega; 02-08-2015 at 08:21 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 07:37 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
1. How is an "age" of a religion relevant?
2. Following your beloved messiah, you excuse violence of the muslims by actions of the Christians during the crusades. And like you beloved messiah, you ignore the fact, that the crusades were a response to muslim invasion and occupation of nearly two thirds of the Christian world.
I have no Messiah, nor have I excused anything. Thanks for playing though.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:44 PM

549 posts, read 456,838 times
Quote:
I have no Messiah, nor have I excused anything. Thanks for playing though.
Very funny.

Quote:
You do realize there are a billion and a half Muslims right? The number that are terrorists doesn't even register. Hell, all of ISIS are just 1% of American Muslims.
Indeed! A billion and half followers of a violent cult of the illiterate pedophile. But what's even more frightening is the number of self-proclaimed liberals who will happily sacrifice the future of their own children for political correctness.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, good for you! Of course, there are women that are doctors, lawyers, etc. That still doesn't mean that many Muslim women in the Western world are treated badly by the men in their lives.

I've seen it happen in my community among the Muslims. I've got some stories if you want to hear them.
Many women all over the world are treated badly by the men in their lives. Some of them are Muslim.

Spend some time in India to see how poorly women are treated.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
1. How is an " of a religion relevant? islam was born in violence and has been violent ever since.
2. Following your beloved messiah, you excuse violence of the muslims by actions of the Christians during the crusades. And like you beloved messiah, you ignore the fact, that the crusades were a response to muslim invasion and occupation of nearly two thirds of the Christian world.
1. Christianity was absolutely born in violence. Have you never even skimmed the bible? And Christianity has had a lot more time to develop and learn how to manage the crazies. People were doing horrid things in the name of Christianity even as recently as US history. For example: witch trials.

2. Maybe the crusades were merely a defensive response (but maybe not). But as for other things...well, I didn't know that the indigenous people in the Americas were Muslim.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:48 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
"This many bad apples"? You do realize there are a billion and a half Muslims right? The number that are terrorists doesn't even register. Hell, all of ISIS are just 1% of American Muslims.
Intelligence services all around the world claim radical violent terrorists make up 15-25% of the Muslim population. Yes, a minority, but because Islam is so big, that amounts to millions of terrorists, and then a few million more who might not act out the violence, but support it.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:48 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Very funny.

Indeed! A billion and half followers of a violent cult of the illiterate pedophile. But what's even more frightening is the number of self-proclaimed liberals who will happily sacrifice the future of their own children for political correctness.
I'm not the one scared of a fictional book because it differs from an older fictional book, so you'll forgive me if I don't exactly value your judgement.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Yes, it happens in regions of the world today---in Muslim regions!

I know there are Muslims who are good, and even serve in our military, in Israel's military, in government, etc. But with this many bad apples, there's something wrong with the orchard.
Spend some time in India.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:50 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Christian regions as well, such as Uganda .
Very true, although you don't see Uganda threatening to come to the West and behead everyone. Uganda has many horrific things happening to my people (gays), and I condemn this behavior and think something must be done (heavy sanctions, more media attention). But the Muslim extremists pose more of a threat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies