Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Long story short, I have been humiliated, beaten and harassed by Liberals in this part of the country. This has only made me stronger and I feel the Conservative cause is dying for.

I have had my Freedom of Speech censored at certain events hosted by Liberals simply because I expressed a different opinion from what they like to hear. Still, I do not hate them.

I am more than convinced that we Conservatives have a moral obligation to educate these Communists, Marxists and groupthink drones so that they can start realizing how absurd their ideas are.

Do not let a Liberal stop you from fighting for God, country and family. In the end, those are the values that matter most!
Got anymore inspirational stories and overwrought platitudes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,701,479 times
Quote:
As a Conservative, my job has nothing to do with my politics
There's no way to know if it does or doesn't without you revealing a lot more about your business than a reasonable person should be willing to.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
I debated a big Marxist Lib who teaches at the University of Iowa last week, all her class slides have to do with big corporations, Walmart, equality, gay marriage. What irritates me about these Commie professors is that they use their position as a politic platform. As a Conservative, my job has nothing to do with my politics
Ah, the picture becomes clearer. Let me guess, more of the audience supported her than supported you, and you did not like her tone when she responded to you.

Good for you for participating in a public forum. But you do realize, don't you, that the outcome is never guaranteed when you do this? Doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

And I am pretty sure that I would have agreed with your opponent more than I would have agreed with you. Still, I am offering some advice here. If you would like to be more effective in these kinds of public forums, why not ask some attendees how you could have been more effective, and then take that advice to heart. Surely, you must have had some friends in the audience - I show up to see my friends speak in public.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:24 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Liberals are not open to considering the merits of their ideas and debating/defending them.
Yes. Because nobody claiming to be a conservative ever did anything like this.

Sheesh--blind, hypocritical partisan hacks are such boring, useless dupes.

Quote:
They have only one aim, and that is to force their way on everyone, because they are deserving to.
Oh, the irony. As if the Republican Party of the past 40 years isn't THE most Huge Government, Big Brother, Nanny State system it is possible to conceive.

The party of neo-con social/moral watchdogs who want to dictate what people can do with their bodies, who can marry whom, who endorse prohibition, the teaching of creationist nonsense in public schools, etc., etc.

Hypocritical BS, pure and simple.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:29 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,502 times
Quote:
I debated a big Marxist Lib who teaches at the University of Iowa last week, all her class slides have to do with big corporations, Walmart, equality, gay marriage...
Right! Because the REAL ENEMY is, of course--them evil liberals.

And...equality?!?!?!

I can't believe this Commie punk wasn't immolated! The sheer gall. Equality! Obviously an evil Marxist lib!

I hope you complained most thoroughly to the university administration...

There's probably someone there willing to listen to the whining of a blind, hypocritical partisan hack imbecile...

Old 02-10-2015, 02:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:

And before anybody tries to accuse me of being religious, I am probably the least religious person you will ever meet. Gay marriage to me is the most nonsensical, illogical concept I can think of.
Then you should stop thinking about it.

[]

Old 02-10-2015, 02:43 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,832 times
Quote:
Long story short, I have been humiliated, beaten and harassed by Liberals in this part of the country. This has only made me stronger and I feel the Conservative cause is dying for.

I have had my Freedom of Speech censored at certain events hosted by Liberals simply because I expressed a different opinion from what they like to hear. Still, I do not hate them.

I am more than convinced that we Conservatives have a moral obligation to educate these Communists, Marxists and groupthink drones so that they can start realizing how absurd their ideas are.

Do not let a Liberal stop you from fighting for God, country and family. In the end, those are the values that matter most!
Could you favor us with a story or two about the time you were beaten by a liberal (or liberals).
Everyone knows that liberals are wussies. Were you packing when you got the butt whooping?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM

920 posts, read 633,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In Saudi Arabia, Christians may worship Allah in a mosque just the same as Muslims. This is equal.

But what happens to gays in Saudi Arabia?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:47 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Ah, the picture becomes clearer. Let me guess, more of the audience supported her than supported you, and you did not like her tone when she responded to you.

Good for you for participating in a public forum. But you do realize, don't you, that the outcome is never guaranteed when you do this? Doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

And I am pretty sure that I would have agreed with your opponent more than I would have agreed with you. Still, I am offering some advice here. If you would like to be more effective in these kinds of public forums, why not ask some attendees how you could have been more effective, and then take that advice to heart. Surely, you must have had some friends in the audience - I show up to see my friends speak in public.
I suspect that the poster has a persecution complex, and got exactly the response they hoped for.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I suspect that the poster has a persecution complex, and got exactly the response they hoped for.
Maybe. Or maybe the OP is a young person with little experience of how this stuff works - I remember being outraged when I was young, by people who, for some inexplicable reason, didn't immediately change their minds just because I was right!

Yes, I got over myself. And I really do believe that people should participate, and therefore I like to see them do it competently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies