Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:19 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Further proof that progressives live in their little La-La-Land and, as a result, pose a grave danger to the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bloomberg on the Real Target of Gun Control–Black Males 15 to 25 | VDARE.COM

Liberals infantilize non-whites. This has ben the case for quite some time.
You do realize what VDare is.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I won't touch that, but I do believe voting should not be allowed for those under 25.

This is why those under 25 are FAR more likely to do stupid things and react impulsively, and commit the vast majority of crime.
Really. If you believe that, then you would also have to argue that people 25 and under should never serve in the army, should never be given the death penalty, and should never be considered responsible adults. If you believe people under 25 aren't responsible enough to vote, then you would have to believe that people under 25 aren't capable of being responsible for their actions when it comes to crime.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devans0 View Post
As I remember Jim Crow history, gun control had roots in preventing blacks from having guns. Bloomberg's so called Liberal politics are going the complete circle to "Birth of a Nation" policies. Being armed saved some blacks from being "strange fruit". The first acts every despot in history is to disarm, and for the well being of the populace. Our founders knew from their experience with England that disarmed people are easily oppressed, hence our 2nd amendment.
This goes beyond Jim Crow. This goes back to slavery as well. Blacks were forbidden from having anything resembling a weapon. There was a fear of slave rebellions. The idea was the same. Blacks could arm themselves and defend themselves, or foment slave rebellions if they had guns. The idea was to keep Blacks subjugated for someone else's benefit.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devans0 View Post
If and when guns effectively get banned, bombings will be commonplace. Bombs are too easy to make. It's obviously the next jump for a nut zealot to prove his point. Please don't take what I wrote as an attack, I am not saying or implying anything of the sort.
Molotov cocktails. A glass pop bottle(or any other kind of glass bottle), some gasoline, a rag, and a match. And if the glass bottle is hard enough, it can double as a weapon for hitting someone. In St. Louis there were some attacks on people where hammers were used. Ban guns, and other things will be used. Bats, steel-toe boots, glass bottles, cast-iron pans, a fist with rings on it, hammers, kitchen knives, even things like pencils.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
What an idiot this guy is. Does he think that 18 - 25 year old blacks that have criminal intent actually walk into gun shops, go through the background check, and purchase these guns legally?
This law would do nothing to prevent crime.
Banning hand guns has done nothing to prevent Black criminals in Chicago from committing murder. People who already don't obey the law aren't going to obey gun laws.

This proves to me that Bloomberg:

1) Believes that the Constitutional rights of Blacks should be ignored
2) Bloomberg does not understand anything about gun control.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because by then most of the guys involved in the gang lifestyle are either dead or in jail....or have reformed their life path.

They are looking at the statistics by age and seeing where it tends to "drop off".

Seriously, if bloomberg wants to help....JOBS programs, at-risk youth diversion programs. Fund them and spend the money up front instead of on incarceration and associated costs to society of drugs, crime etc.

But no. He's bought into the politically advantageous lie that guns are the problem and by deflection it's the fault of the OTHER political party. His further solution is to try to somehow disarm poor youth with no opportunity or future so they don't hurt others.

In other words, get to the back of the bus and don't cause trouble is his solution to a problem that is mostly economic.
One thing about idle hands. They make for alot of time to get into trouble. Most of the persons within the Black population who are committing murder often do not work, and many don't have the skills to hold a job.
Furthermore, about the jobs, there is one theory I have come up with. I would say many politicians won't invest in jobs for this reason: short term thinking. I will explain below.

Funding a prison might take up tax dollars. However, in the short term, it is cheaper. It is cheaper in the short term to fund prisons because you don't really have to pay prison labor much, if it at. Prison labor is cheap labor. It's considered short term cheaper to have prisoners do the labor than to actually pay law-abiding citizens.

There is something else to address, and this is a major root of the problem: I hate quoting rappers, but in the words of Eminem "Where were the parents at"? This is one thing I respect Mayor Nutter of Philadelphia for touching on in his speech. He pretty much said "either the parents need to do their jobs, or the law will". Very often, with these murders, you have young males who grow up with no father(many don't know who their father is), and the mother isn't really doing her job either.

Another issue to consider. The mentality of "either you respect me or you die". That is one major hallmark of gang mentality, and of hood rat mentality. This feeling of being "dissed" or being "disrespected" and the feeling of having to respond with violence.

And here is another issue. Some people get murdered over things like shoes. The mentality of "i want something you have, so I'm killing you over it, or at least mugging you for it".

Joblessness is a big contributing factor. I agree with that. Other issues also include a violent mentality, valuing material things over people, and the parents not doing their job. Banning Blacks from having guns won't stop any of that. It doesn't address the root of the problem, and it violates Constitutional rights.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Pretty crazy stuff
r u suggesting that gang bangers currently go down to the gun shop and apply for a hand gun purchase when they want one??????????????
U r saying that is how it works?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM

For me, this is what is sadder. Anyone who agrees with idea of "Blacks under 25 should not be allowed to own guns" scares me. Said persons, I would consider a threat. Anyone who believes such might try to act on it. I am Black and over the age of 25. However, anyone suggesting that one's race should be the reason for denying them their Constitutional rights, well, that is scary. It is a threat to me because if it's done to Blacks under 25, it could be done to me too.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then men under 25 years old CAN'T be drafted either; if you think they're such little boys, they'd make bad soldiers too.

Back to the "Black" thing: even IF such nonsense became the law; at what point does Jim Crow kick out for those dudes? Half Black, quadroon, octoroon, or the "1 drop rule"? That my friend can get real sticky right there since MANY US Hispanics and some anglo whites are part "Black" going by their DNA.
And furthermore, there is another thing to consider. Bloomberg will get in alot of trouble for one major reason. What he is suggesting is very unconstitutional. According to the Constitution of this nation, the 2nd Amendment says all American citizens have the right to bear arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies