Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:26 PM

587 posts, read 961,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Now Kathryn, I know you don't actually believe that all Muslims are violent radicals. Christianity has its own history of terrorism, does it not?
They're not all violent radicals, but they all do believe in the prophecy of an ancient sociopath.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:29 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
All religions require people to believe (or pretend to believe) patently ridiculous bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
They're not all violent radicals, but they all do believe in the prophecy of an ancient sociopath.
Oh, you're one of those. Nevermind.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 PM

587 posts, read 961,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Oh, you're one of those. Nevermind.
Yep I proudly am one of those.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
=mega man;38377223]Now Kathryn, I know you don't actually believe that all Muslims are violent radicals. Christianity has its own history of terrorism, does it not?
I agree with you, of course that all Muslims are not violent radicals, but I have honestly not seen one single Muslim "group" that ever issued some kind of "statement" totally condemning the actions of those who are. What individuals think, there is no way to know.

And yes, every "religious group" has a history of some kind of atrocities. But Christianity pales in comparison to what is going on today with Muslims. The Spanish Inquisition is usually the reference used to refer to Christian "sins", but if one really reads the history of it, it is generally exaggerated as to its relative comparison to other "religions". And when looking back at history, that is the only way to truly look at it from a modern point of view. The point being, it has to be stacked up as in the sense of what is occurring today, not what happened in the 16th Century.

Actually, as it is, the bloodiest and most brutal terrorism in history -- in terms of sheer numbers -- have a consistent record in the old Soviet Union and communist China, under the "god" of Karl Marx. Regardless though, today, the bloodiest group in the world are muslims who will holler out "Allah is great", then cut off someone's head with a butcher knife... or burn them alive...

I know I would feel a little different if I could see the slightest bit of evidence that any of the "mainstream" groups truly came out and outright denounced and condemned these homicidal maniacs...

Wouldn't you agree?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:32 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
The horror of having to register your deadly weapons and not being able to overcompensate for....something...by carrying a gun around openly. However will you live with such restrictions? Might as well end it all now if you can't walk around showing off your gun, right?
Yep, those criminals are just lining up to register their guns.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
How about not shooting something? It's not the end of the world if the day passes without firing a shot, which is actually progress from the Civil War.
I have no desire to shoot something or someone unless they are harming me or a loved one. It is then that I will shoot until they are no longer a threat.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4us2IjNFNKY

Texans: Do you agree? Would you allow sharia law to be instituted in Texas? Thanks for your replies!
Anonymous guy ranting on the Internet about Sharia Law in Texas?

The primary application of Sharia is family law. While not enforceable in the U.S., what's to prevent both parties from agreeing to allow their differences to be resolved by this law?

Ultra Orthadox Jews have been resolving family matters in accordance with their laws, all along.

States are increasingly considering/ enacting legislation to prevent another country's laws from being considered in cases of divorce and child custody. This will likey not prevent some people from agreeing to submit to Sharia Law.

As an aside, The Catholic Church does not recognize civil law as it relates to marriage outside the church or divorce.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-09-2015 at 10:12 PM..

Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4us2IjNFNKY

Texans: Do you agree? Would you allow sharia law to be instituted in Texas? Thanks for your replies!

Yes, I DO agree. The muslims need to stay in those states that will put with their BS. Don't come to Texas and try to stone gays and adulterers over here.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,063,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I haven't registered any of my guns, but open carry is illegal currently. Texas isn't nearly as laissez-faire about guns as the media propaganda would have you believe.
That's true. It seems quite a few states are more liberal with guns than Texas. I heard Vermont has a lot less restrictions than Texas.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:12 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I have no desire to shoot something or someone unless they are harming me or a loved one. It is then that I will shoot until they are no longer a threat.
That's typical urban myopia. There are lots of things to shoot besides people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies