Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If they speak up they would be considered apostates and become targets themselves.
Maybe that should make them think twice about the religion they adhere to.

Wow, what a reason to embrace a religion - "Because someone might kill me if I don't."

Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was asking you to clarify your point. You seemed to be agreeing with Midessan's remark about Muslims being idiots.
Actually I don't think that's what you were doing at all, because this is the totality of the post you directed at me.

Quote:
Now Kathryn, I know you don't actually believe that all Muslims are violent radicals. Christianity has its own history of terrorism, does it not?
I don't see anywhere in that post that you are asking me to clarify my point.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Nope. All I have to do is have discussions with my Muslim friends to be clear that they are indeed nonviolent radicals. You come from the generation that habitually generalizes an entire group of people based on the images you see in the media, so I can understand why you would require some highly publicized official statement in which members of a group must denounce the actions of other members who are nothing like them to begin with.

No need to go back to the 16th century for Christian sins. Look no further than the Aryan Nation. A radical hate group who aligns themselves with the Christian faith.
And how many people has this radical hate group who claims to be Christian based killed in the past twenty years? And how many people have radical Muslim groups killed in the past twenty years - heck, I don't even expect you to try to add that up - how 'bout in the past two years???? Two months? They've probably killed more people in the past two WEEKS than the Aryan Nation members have EVER killed.

Just for some perspective.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:38 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,364,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's typical urban myopia. There are lots of things to shoot besides people.
Call it what you want, but I carry to protect myself and family. That is all.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:41 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Call it what you want, but I carry to protect myself and family. That is all.
Same here.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,430,759 times
The redneck obsession with "Sharia Law" is just another guilty projection of so-called "christian" extremists, who are themselves bent on turning the U.S. into a quasi-theocracy "governed by God's laws" (aka, Dominionism).
Fearmongering: Why are our lawmakers obsessed with “sharia law”?
The hysteria around sharia has become the modern-day equivalent of the 1950s Red Scare, with Islamists replacing communists "under the bed" - on both sides of the Atlantic.

Take Oklahoma, which became the first state to make it illegal for its judges to rely on sharia in November 2010. Yet Muslims make up less than 1 per cent of the state's population - a minuscule 30,000 out of 3.7 million Oklahomans. The residents of the Sooner State are as likely to be judged according to Jedi law as they are by Islamic law.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 AM

1,318 posts, read 1,529,788 times
Irving, Texas, has the first Sharia COURT in the nation. Great Britain has 85.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,062,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The redneck obsession with "Sharia Law" is just another guilty projection of so-called "christian" extremists, who are themselves bent on turning the U.S. into a quasi-theocracy "governed by God's laws" (aka, Dominionism).
Fearmongering: Why are our lawmakers obsessed with “sharia law”?
The hysteria around sharia has become the modern-day equivalent of the 1950s Red Scare, with Islamists replacing communists "under the bed" - on both sides of the Atlantic.

Take Oklahoma, which became the first state to make it illegal for its judges to rely on sharia in November 2010. Yet Muslims make up less than 1 per cent of the state's population - a minuscule 30,000 out of 3.7 million Oklahomans. The residents of the Sooner State are as likely to be judged according to Jedi law as they are by Islamic law.
Did you read above my post about the Koran or Sharia Law. You do not to see where extreme radical Islamist beliefs have spread in the world? It is no way hysteria. Are you so convinced otherwise you can not see?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Irving, Texas, has the first Sharia COURT in the nation. Great Britain has 85.
These are courts in exactly the same sense that judge judy is a court.

Decisions issued by the "judge" may be accepted by the participants, but that is not the same thing as being legally enforceable if one or more of the participants objects.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:48 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,763,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Actually I don't think that's what you were doing at all, because this is the totality of the post you directed at me.

I don't see anywhere in that post that you are asking me to clarify my point.
That would be where the question mark came in. In posting that link, it came off as suggesting that it applied to all Muslims. You did not make it clear that you were implying no such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.