Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 04:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,158,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You didn't say anything. Government has a small defined role. Protecting the rights of the individual is one of them. One size doasn't fit all. Ever hear of diversity and how well that works?
Homosexual are individuals too. We get our rights protected just like you do. That includes the right to equal protection under the law.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,158,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
ahh but yes they are. In my business I am forced, FORCED, to accept it.
Nope. Don't offer services for weddings. You CHOSE to offer your services, no one FORCED you to. Sorry, but you have to follow anti-discrimination laws unless you can get them repealed. Good luck with that.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:18 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,516,576 times
Dragged kicking and screaming on this issue ... I swear ...

37,937 posts, read 17,794,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Allowing same sex couples to marry does not violate your rights.
You do not have a right to get married.

Quote:
Gay people have individual rights too,
Because they are individuals not because they belong to a group. That's what you continue to miss.

Quote:
and that includes the right to get married,
marriage is not a right. Quit forcing others to accept marriage

Quote:
and the right to equal protection under of law.
no one has the right to force their beliefs on others. Beliefs and rights are two different things. Thats what you dont get. Probably because you're too busy shoving your beliefs down everyones throats.

Quote:
Or did you believe that banning OTHER people from doing something was one of your rights?
I'm not stopping two people in love from getting married. I'm banning others from shoving thier beliefs down my throat and forcing me (others) to accept it. I'm not stopping two people in love from getting married. Thats what you don't get.

67,652 posts, read 60,536,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He probably heard the term "coon ass cajun" and came up with that gold nugget.
The funny thing is - coon asses aren't ashamed of being called a coon ass. I'm one, in fact.

That being said, I'm 100 percent Northern European and have the DNA test to prove it! Not that it matters one whit. My husband looks like a poster child for Hitler's Lebensborn program (angular, chiseled features, blue eyes, straight blonde hair) and when his DNA test results came back, he found out he is at least 2 percent Western African! Oh, and also part Jewish.

So what, like I said - ancestry doesn't determine the value or dignity of a person.

To get back on topic, neither does sexual orientation. Or religion or gender or age ...etc...you get the picture.

62,712 posts, read 28,907,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Yes, if the bizarre thing is offered to others, then equal rights means that you get them too. How this is not an equal rights issue is beyond me. When you are not allowing men to marry men, you are discriminating on the basis of their sex, dictating that only *women* can marry men. The opposite is true for women - in that if you do not allow women to marry women, you care discriminating on the right of a female to marry a female.

If that were so then why is this even a controversial issue? Obviously, it's a matter of opinion what so-called rights someone has no matter how one wants to twist the Constitution to extend all kinds of so-called rights to everyone for anything. Let Obama make a big announcement in his next state of the union address then that gay marriage is a constitutional right and that all states are obligated to honor it. After all, isn't he as president obligated to make sure that the Constitution is followed/enforced? No more laws banning SSM should even be allowed to be brought to a vote then. What's stopping him?

14,204 posts, read 12,242,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
2. A minor just means they can not participate. Age of consent varies from nation to nation. Seriously I do not care anymore because a bunch of people are brainwashed out of the smallest flirting even into their 40 ( we are living an self-hating nation ).
Most modern nations set the AOC at 16. Because most modern nations recognize that peopler under that age usually lack the maturity needed to engage in sex. They also recognize it offers legal recourse for people who are manipulated at a young age by a much older partner.

Quote:
3. The human brain stops BS is an lie. Psychologist can say bullishness but their is no science of love, sex, or flirting. So people just stop and grow. People were getting married at the age of 12 only fourty so odd years ago. Then people were not being responsible.
Very few people were getting married at twelve over one hundred years ago, so you can stop that line of argument before you make yourself look ridiculous. People got married younger in the past because it was expected, people matured much faster, and most families weren't financially able to take care of children the length that they can today.

Quote:
EQUALITY BETWEEN THE SEXES are not meant for real women at all. In feminism it is called the OTHERS. The others are women who not dedicated to being wives but women who are basically men in an nutshell. Women who scream and yell over being women. Women who might look nice but can never exist with men at all. Are most Jewish women spending time being feminists? No. Are most East Asian women Feminist? No? bottom-line Femism is just another trap for women BECAUSE NOBODY TAUGHT THEM HOW TO BE WOMEN. However for real feminists who got the shaft in life ( like an messed up selfish husband who FUBARED the marriage ).

To make things worst non-hets and womanists who are non-heterosexuals also mixes in. The real feminist are practically invisible and barely have any say at all ). I am not talking about these money grubbing radicals or the women who made an random mistakes ( I say random because random is random ).

So we get into more problems as well. Bottom-line whining about people preserving their normality is stupid. Their is no problems with the South at all so people should just stop pouncing on them for garbage.

People just need to move on and grow up.
The only people that say that crap are the ones who hate the fact that they can't live like 1930s men. The reality is almost no women who identity with feminism think like that.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,794,909 times
Quote:
Nope. Don't offer services for weddings. You CHOSE to offer your services, no one FORCED you to. Sorry, but you have to follow anti-discrimination laws unless you can get them repealed. Good luck with that.
Keep avoiding the issue. Ands thats people like you, thinking you are moral, forcing your bs down others throats. Learn what a right is then get back to me.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If that were so then why is this even a controversial issue? Obviously, it's a matter of opinion what so-called rights someone has no matter how one wants to twist the Constitution to extend all kinds of so-called rights to everyone for anything. Let Obama make a big announcement in his next state of the union address then that gay marriage is a constitutional right and that all states are obligated to honor it. After all, isn't he as president obligated to make sure that the Constitution is followed/enforced?
I don't know. It is what it is, you tell me why it's a so called issue with you, because that's *exactly* what it is - discrimination on the basis of sex. I could never understand why we would be so silly as to fight that fact, nobody has ever offered a reasonable explanation.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The funny thing is - coon asses aren't ashamed of being called a coon ass. I'm one, in fact.

That being said, I'm 100 percent Northern European and have the DNA test to prove it! Not that it matters one whit. My husband looks like a poster child for Hitler's Lebensborn program (angular, chiseled features, blue eyes, straight blonde hair) and when his DNA test results came back, he found out he is at least 2 percent Western African! Oh, and also part Jewish.

So what, like I said - ancestry doesn't determine the value or dignity of a person.
Hi fellow coon-ass!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies