Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

No, it is not easier if you are "white". But it is easier if you have the money needed to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
I have been white all my life(a long time). I have bought six houses during my life. I have been gainfully employed during my life. Thank goodness I am white.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
According to this article it is:

Buying a home is easier if you're white - Feb. 9, 2015

The article also points out that the home ownership rate for blacks and whites are the same as 1900, which is a little hard to believe.
I don't know, I've never been black. I did have to prove my ability to pay the money back by showing them my good credit, a job, a low income to expense ratio, a downpayment, a checking account etc so I was approved for a mortgage.

Maybe we can ask Rachel Dolezal, she changes colors.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I'll say this as fact. Since then was in the car business for 20 years, I can speak with authority on this. Black people have a much higher chance of bad credit than other groups. In fact, the first thing we did when greeting a black customer is run a credit check. 80% had poor credit. I can't speak to why, but the truth is the truth. Ask anyone who depends on a customers credit rating to make a sale.

Realtors run a credit check before showing you a house.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
It sucks to be white... having to live up to the promises I make so I can build up a track record before other people will give me money to buy expensive crap. Wish I had a "race card" to play instead of having to do things the old-fashioned way.

It would be interesting to see the credit stats if there was a division between "ghetto" culture and non "ghetto" culture Blacks. I suspect we'd find this isn't actually a black vs-white problem after all...

Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It sucks to be white... having to live up to the promises I make so I can build up a track record before other people will give me money to buy expensive crap. Wish I had a "race card" to play instead of having to do things the old-fashioned way.
LOL, yep, we have to prove ourselves as it should be.

People who complain but should be forced to lend money to someone who doesn't have a full time job, has a lot of debt, and has a poor history of paying the money back. Lets see if they are willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It would be interesting to see the credit stats if there was a division between "ghetto" culture and non "ghetto" culture Blacks. I suspect we'd find this isn't actually a black vs-white problem after all...
I would add white ghetto culture as apposed to other whites too. It's NOT a black white issue, its a RESPONSIBILITY issue. And if you can prove you are responsible than they'll loan you the money. No bank is going to give up profit because of color. Geez!

Old 11-12-2015, 09:08 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I would add white ghetto culture as apposed to other whites too. It's NOT a black white issue, its a RESPONSIBILITY issue. And if you can prove you are responsible than they'll loan you the money. No bank is going to give up profit because of color. Geez!
Oh absolutely! "white ghetto" is every bit as reprehensible. The difference is that "ghetto style" is a tiny majority of whites populations but has a hold on significantly larger percentage of black populations, giving all blacks an undeserved bad name in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies