Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:58 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,249,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
. And he doesn't bash ALL corporations. As a matter of fact, the corporations he goes after are those who are doing harm to Americans.
When does he go after the anti-faith, anti-American Hollywood studios? Or video game manufacturers? Or Chinese companies which poison both animals and children with impunity? Or teachers' unons, which deny school choice to poorer citizens? Or Yahoo and Google, which actively assist totalitarian governments to spy on and deny information to their citizens?

Mr. Moore is highly selective in his outrage, like all liberals. He practices intellectual censorship, and is praised by appeasers and fools.

His error is in believing his own publicity. He relies on the assumption that all Americans are as ignorant as those he regularly dupes with his sneering propaganda.

Luckily for us all, he is eating himself to death...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,099,570 times
You do know that he owned Halliburton stock for year, right?

He's a hypocrite but he's entitled to his opinions and I respect the fact that he brings up these types of arguments whether I agree with him or not (and I don't 99% of the time).

Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,710,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
What gets me is when someone who "hates" him has never watched one of his movies.
I think he is in need of some good health care.....Hugo may help him out..

Carrie

Old 01-13-2008, 10:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,153,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
You do know that he owned Halliburton stock for year, right?

He's a hypocrite but he's entitled to his opinions and I respect the fact that he brings up these types of arguments whether I agree with him or not (and I don't 99% of the time).
The problem is the fact he presents his opinions as facts and not opinions. He omits facts that would bring into question the accuracy of his message. Like all zeoalots he preaches the dogma that favors his agenda and conviently disregards the rest. Worse still his message is both hateful and hurtful. It stereotypes with the intention of belittling those he disagrees with.
He is a dispicable man, honor is not a part of his vocabulary.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
Default Moore never was nor is credible

Nothing's changed. Moore is as laughably deranged as he ever was. Sprinkles a little bit of truth in with mostly exaggerations and lies. This pitiful buffoon would be kicked out of any reputable journalism class. I think his 15 minutes of fame is terribly overdue to end.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,710,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Here's an interesting story for anyone who thinks Michael Moore's last movie, Sicko, was a big lie.

France is healthcare leader, US comes dead last: study - Yahoo! News (broken link)

I suppose it's all a big, liberal conspiracy to make the great U S of A look bad, eh? If only greatness were measured by how much we consume, like we think it is.

He can marry Al Gore in California now..........

Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,153,661 times
He is an easy man to hate. Like most hypocrits.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,368,589 times
I have met Michael Moore and his wife Kathleen Glynn several times. They have a home in Alden, MI, near where I live. I have worked with him on the Traverse City Film Festival. I have worked with Kathy in local productions. Both are intelligent people but, I would venture to say that Michael is more agenda driven, whereas Kathy is definitely more artistically talented.

Moore is extremely capable at achieving the end result that he seeks. (A nice way of saying that he discards evidence to the contrary.)

Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,807,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Here's an interesting story for anyone who thinks Michael Moore's last movie, Sicko, was a big lie.

France is healthcare leader, US comes dead last: study - Yahoo! News (broken link)

I suppose it's all a big, liberal conspiracy to make the great U S of A look bad, eh? If only greatness were measured by how much we consume, like we think it is.
IF you choose to look into the healthcare system in France,you soon discover the majority of people have private insurance.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,855,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
IF you choose to look into the healthcare system in France,you soon discover the majority of people have private insurance.
Whenever I look into those rankings of healthcare systems--or at least the kind where the US always ranks last--you will see that they only include the Top 10 or Top 15 wealthiest nations in the world and they include factors like Equality of Care and government involvement in healthcare plus one or two raw statistics like Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy.

The problem I have with these rankings is that they are used draw a preconceived result. They rarely take into account survival rates cancer patients or the effectiveness of emergency medical treatment or wait times for essential treatment or medical research and innovations. Taking those into account wouldn't make state-run healthcare look as attractive.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to be desired in the American healthcare system. There are too many uninsured and too many people with lousy insurance policies. I think a reform of the current insurance program is needed along with the introduction of health savings accounts which would handle doctor appointments, minor surgery and medical treatments, and prescriptions. Plus a restructuring of Medicare and Medicaid are probably needed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies