Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:34 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,957,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My race is human. I am not an American Indian, I am an American. I don't need to waste my time on tragedies of the past, but look to the future. What I have learned is to assimilate. My heritage is my own and no-one can take it away, but my future is in my hands not in the hands of another race or culture. If we are to survive as a people we must put aside our differences and move forward together. Our so called leaders of all races seek to divide us all. By dividing us, it empowers them. When they are empowered we all suffer at their hand.
True enough what you said, but I must ask what quantum percent of Native American are you? Which tribe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,576,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
^^^yes. i grew up watching "white love" displayed on tv and in an area with very few blacks. when i first became interested in the opposite sex, all my crushes, real and celebrity, were white. i did not become interested in a black guy until the 8th grade. even as i found black men more attractive, i still had a certain type that i thought i preferred, light, "good hair", light eyes even. luckily by the time i got out of high school i had begun to shake the white supremacist programming. i did still date non blacks at that time, but mostly mexican american guys. but it is quite confusing being a minority growing up in this society when it comes to dating.
My experience was somewhat different in that where I came up, there were very few black girls to have crushes on (save Thelma from "Good Times"), and the community frowned greatly upon black boys wanting to date white girls. I was third in my class academically, Ivy Leaguebound, an athlete, a musician, and basically BMOC, but to most I was still just a n*****. I have found that things have not changed that much, as my teenage boys are going through much the same thing.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Please name Europe's current colonies.
There are plenty of neocolonies. There are also plenty of corporate colonies. As well, China (not European, but still in position to exploit) has also moved in to provide elements of both of the above.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
My people were never slaves. Instead, our land was taken from us, our women and children butchered and we were treated like animals, but you won't hear my people still crying over the history of over a century ago. Living without pride is a disease that spreads and can engulf a people.
If you're talking about Native Americans, all I can say is that I've seen plenty of examples of how you cry over that history, as well as the crushing poverty, alcoholism, sexual misconduct and high crime rate of the folks on the reservations and nearby.

But hey, the Native American population's got all that pride going for them.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:51 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,512,643 times
Quote:
So everything for you comes down to looks?

Is that it?
your physical appearance is the first thing that a potential mate sees, so, yes. it is that way for most human beings.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I think it's a bit much calling the fact that you were a small minority among a big majority "white supremacist programming."
how is it not?

Old 02-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
That's great.

But I don't think that justifies calling the dominance of "white" standards of beauty "white supremacist programming."

I think the moral of the story here is that people tend to be attracted to what they grew up with.

There's nothing sinister about that.
but why should white be the standard of beauty? beauty is scientific. smooth skin, hip to waist ratio, symmetry, full lips, big eyes, etc. are these things exclusive to white women? if not, then why are only white and light WOC glorified in the media? sure you have the occasional Lupit Ngyongo, but she was viewed as an exotic creature, as if there are not millions of thin, dark skin beautiful women on this planet.

skin color, eye color, hair type are more about preference. ask yourself why, in a multicultural society, do so many non white people choose to date out, many times excluding mates in their own ethnic,"racial" group.

Last edited by Californian34; 02-16-2015 at 04:12 PM..

Old 02-16-2015, 04:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,856,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
but why should white be the standard of beauty? beauty is scientific. smooth skin, hip to waist ratio, symmetry, full lips, big eyes, etc. are these things exclusive to white women? if not, then why are only white and light WOC glorified in the media? sure you have the occasional Lupit Ngyongo, but she was viewed as an exotic creature, as if there are not millions of thin, dark skin beautiful women on this planet.

skin color, eye color, hair type are more about preference. ask yourself why, in a multicultural society, do so many non white people choose to date out, many times excluding mates in their own ethnic,"racial" group.
If talking about Black ladies: I CAN tell you why more and more "date and marry out"; more and more are sick and tired of the hood rat attitude of so many Black dudes. Especially the educated Black women who talk proper. Too, it seems to me that anglo white women are getting worse so that's "pushing" many of the better white men to seriously look at Black women as moms for their yet to be born kids.

The decent Black men out there don't stay single real long in 2015; too, many of them WON'T date Black women anymore because many, NOT "all" are loud and bossy.

Hispanic ain't a race even tho some try to claim it.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,919,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
True enough what you said, but I must ask what quantum percent of Native American are you? Which tribe?
My father was a full blooded Cherokee. My mother was 1/2 Comanche and 1/2 English... So no, I am not a pure blood

Old 02-16-2015, 04:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,957,032 times
Quote:
My father was a full blooded Cherokee. My mother was 1/2 Comanche and 1/2 English... So no, I am not a pure blood
You are much more than some of these white ppl who going around claiming that they're NA even when they're only like 1/64.. You from Okla?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies