Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:01 PM

58,496 posts, read 26,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke186 View Post
It is you that are showing disrespect to the troops by repeating the same lies over and over again.

Please explain to me how invading and occupying Iraq has anything to do with protecting my constitutional rights. The canard about the military "protecting your freedom" is just a meaningless cliché. Just because you and others like to exhibit reflexive jingoism by saying it over and over again doesn't make it any more true.
I don't recall the military voting foe anything, much less going to war.

The CONGRESS voted for those things, even many of those that you have supported AND voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:17 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,082,472 times
Is it really not enough that the US spends more on military the next 10 countries combined? More than China, more than North Korea even.

Have none of these stodgy conservatives ever stopped to wonder WHY the US has to spend so incredibly much on military?

Much less stop to consider that the more the US stomps into other countries for things that don't concern them, the more enemies it will make, thus the more that will need to be spent. In lives, money, and energy.

Only in the US and North Korea would so many prioritize the ability to needlessly invade other countries over the health, education, and wellbeing of its own citizens on its own lands.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:25 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,151,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What is with you throwing the word "Muslim" around as if every single American that happens to be Muslim is a criminal in your eyes. Are you are a religious bigot? Do you actually know any Muslims, cause I live here in Philadelphia (your location) and there are loads of them. Why don't you walk up to one of them tomorrow and tell that what you have been saying on here as a keyboard warrior.
I never said American Muslims, I even put "radical Islam" in my post---try reading next time instead of spewing PC garbage and trying to twist my posts. And yes, I know a few Muslims who aren't bad, but I've also had a few negative experiences with them.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,074,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It's mind-boggling how ignorant some liberals are.

EVERY Right winger I know is AGAINST wasteful spending, EVEN for the military.
Lol, obviously you haven't read much of this thread if you think that... Or maybe you just don't know anyone on here....

Old 02-12-2015, 02:22 PM

15,361 posts, read 12,554,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be fair......we are going to have to spend an ungodly amount if Obama would get what he wants.

Obama's War Authorization Limits Ground Forces - Bloomberg View

The peace president isn't so peaceful either.
No he isn't.. and hopefully you guys will shut up about Obama being soft or not defending America. I voted for Obama twice and this military crap is frustrating. My brother graduated from the Naval Academy so I'm not against the troops. However, this constant war mongering needs to stop.

After we fund rebels to fight ISIS we will have to fight those rebels who will be called ESES or some made up acronym and it will go on and on and on...

Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 PM

15,361 posts, read 12,554,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Huh...seems there was someone today that wanted to expand the war on isis..isil or what ever you want to call it...

Can anyone remember who that was....
the weak muslim loving community organizer?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,933,249 times
Our national defense is the ONLY thing our tax dollars should be paying for! That's all the Federal Government should do is protect our nation.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:08 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,774,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
No he isn't.. and hopefully you guys will shut up about Obama being soft or not defending America. I voted for Obama twice and this military crap is frustrating. My brother graduated from the Naval Academy so I'm not against the troops. However, this constant war mongering needs to stop.

After we fund rebels to fight ISIS we will have to fight those rebels who will be called ESES or some made up acronym and it will go on and on and on...
This is where you guys go off the rails in your dream world that we can just "bring all the troops home and mind our own business". When Obama campaigned on such nonsense many of us said it wouldn't happen because hope fully when he got elected there would be some adults in the room to teach him the reality of such nonsense. Bush 43 predicted exactly what is going on right now if Obama attempted to appease those campaign promises. It is not Warmongering. It is stopping evil.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:59 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Our national defense is the ONLY thing our tax dollars should be paying for! That's all the Federal Government should do is protect our nation.
So I'm sure you are for closing foreign bases and no longer being world policeman....right?!? After all it's called the Department of DEFENSE!!!!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:56 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,774,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
So I'm sure you are for closing foreign bases and no longer being world policeman....right?!? After all it's called the Department of DEFENSE!!!!
No, that is a dangerous and expensive notion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies