Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
No one has to guess. Based on all the liberal and progressive group he belongs to on FB, he's clearly a liberal.
Quote:
MUTGR: Liberals were hoping that this guy was some conservative christian white male
Really ?

Political tribalism at its best.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Good.

Seems like the media chose to (or were told) not make a big story out of it.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You noticed that too?? Regardless if it was over a parking space or due to the fact that they were Muslims that were killed, it is a tragedy. I can't imagine killing three people over a parking spot, which leaves me to conclude it had more to do about religion that a parking spot. I wonder if he had a parking spot problem with other people living there.
Sorry but this is a LOGIC FAIL. I mean, can you imagine eating people? Can you imagine chopping someone's head off? Can you imagine throwing acid in a woman's face? Can you imagine molesting a child? Hopefully not - but sadly, sick, weird people do these things on a regular basis. So it's not difficult to imagine someone twisted enough and filled with enough rage to kill people over a parking space. It doesn't make sense but people do a lot of things that don't make sense.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
common sense. fox viewers are in a vacuum and only listen and watch fox news. they dont watch other news.

also notice how you see no conservative whites on here condemn this killing yet?

all they are doing so far in this thread are deflecting to other irrelevant stuff.
I don't see any condemnation of the killings in your posts, only utilization of this horrendous crime to bash conservatives.

BTW, the victims were conservatives.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:57 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I'm waiting for Boston to have deadly confrontations over parking with all this snow. Locally two elderly neighbors got into a fight over handicapped parking( they should make it like it was, you needed a wheelchair or a walker to have a permit) and one shot and killed the other. TheNC guy hated all religions, there's a tolerant atheist for you.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it was over parking so you can relax
It's typical though that some try to make this case into something that it's not. The murder is a vicious act and I hope the criminal suffers horribly. But just because the victims are Muslim does not make this a "hate crime". Muslims, like so many others these days like to play the victim card regularly.

Being Muslim and being a victim of crime doesn't make the crime a hate crime. And a Muslim committing a crime isn't necessarily a terrorist act. Screaming "Allah Ackbar" while hacking off the head of your victim, yeah, that pretty much does make it a terrorist act in the name of a silly superstition.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:57 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I had not previously heard that he killed the three people , execution style.

That does not " feel" like a crime of an accelerated parking dispute to me.
Agree. Though some have let their anger get the best of them in the heat of the moment and would kill a person but not three. In the head no less. That was personal. He hated their being muslim. And of course his wife, who hasn't spoken to him in 10 years, doesn't believe it was a hate crime.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
If he was a tea party Republican and a Christian then this story would be the headline on the evening and cable news every day until after his trial. The fact that he's an atheist means the news media will try to bury the story since it doesn't fit their narrative.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Agree. Though some have let their anger get the best of them in the heat of the moment and would kill a person but not three. In the head no less. That was personal. He hated their being muslim. And of course his wife, who hasn't spoken to him in 10 years, doesn't believe it was a hate crime.
What's the point in wondering about motive. You can't do more for your beloved Muslims than give the man the death penalty. You want MORE because of his THOUGHTS? Maybe a little torture?

Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You noticed that too?? Regardless if it was over a parking space or due to the fact that they were Muslims that were killed, it is a tragedy. I can't imagine killing three people over a parking spot, which leaves me to conclude it had more to do about religion that a parking spot. I wonder if he had a parking spot problem with other people living there.
Not really, I posted a story here about a woman who bit off another woman's finger over a parking space. People are crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies