Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 05:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

I hope this is not a beginning of a trend.

3 young Muslims slain in Chapel Hill shooting. N.C. man charged

Reports: 3 young Muslims slain in Chapel Hill shooting. N.C. man charged. - The Washington Post

Old 02-11-2015, 06:00 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Reports: 3 young Muslims slain in Chapel Hill shooting. N.C. man charged. - The Washington Post

Man bites dog.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:09 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Radical Atheist....that's a new one.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:14 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Fox News is still dissecting Obama's use of "random" in a sentence rather than covering this newsworthy criminal act.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9jaOm-IcAEfleC.jpg

http://tools.foxnews.com/sites/tools...eve-doocey.jpg

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, Barrack Obama justifies what ISIS is doing by pointing to the Crusades (wrongly). Can't we then make the same justification for these killings by pointing to what the Muslims are doing; i.e., terrorism?
No, he didn't, but you are free to justify anything you want. I do not feel compelled to justify murders of any kind.

Why would you associate yourself with criminals?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Is that truly what you hope? Because there's really no sense starting a thread about a situation that you hope is isolated and means nothing.

I suspect that you being the partisan liberal that you are, and highlighting violence against Muslims being one of the new wedge issues of the left with Obama's ridiculous speech about the crusades and all, that manufacturing a trend of violence against Muslims you can bash conservatives over is precisely what you hope happens. I'm sure you truly do hope that innocent people aren't hurt or killed, but if you can create a public narrative about it then that would absolutely serve liberal goals of portraying conservatives as violent bigots and liberals as the tolerant and enlightened beings who refuse to indict an entire religion over the actions of a few (speaking of Islam, of course - when it comes to Christianity then the religious tolerance of the left evaporates)

Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Radical Atheist....that's a new one.
His post that he thinks atheism would fix the problem in the Mideast, but the people he killed are Americans. Wonder if there's more to it. Did he know them?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Fox News is still dissecting Obama's use of "random" in a sentence rather than covering this newsworthy criminal act.

The mainstream media is a lost cause. They will bicker over which word was used, or not used, and jump into far fetched conclusions, and unfortunately people are dumb enough to dance to their music. You can see it right here in CD where people come to repeat everything they hear. Whatever they hear I the media, is worth repeating.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Is that truly what you hope? Because there's really no sense starting a thread about a situation that you hope is isolated and means nothing.

I suspect that you being the partisan liberal that you are, and highlighting violence against Muslims being one of the new wedge issues of the left with Obama's ridiculous speech about the crusades and all, that manufacturing a trend of violence against Muslims you can bash conservatives over is precisely what you hope happens. I'm sure you truly do hope that innocent people aren't hurt or killed, but if you can create a public narrative about it then that would absolutely serve liberal goals of portraying conservatives as violent bigots and liberals as the tolerant and enlightened beings who refuse to indict an entire religion over the actions of a few (speaking of Islam, of course - when it comes to Christianity then the religious tolerance of the left evaporates)
I suspect that you being the partisan liberal that you are, you have no interest in discussing the topic, you only want to misrepresent other posters.

I have not heard anyone make any arguments about violence against muslims, so I have no clue what you are talking about. Are you referring to the Jurdanian pilot? He was a muslim killed by other muslims.

Clearly this story hits a nerve with you, but it is not designed to. The thread is 100% neutral. The OP says nothing about any political party, or religious group other than the victims were muslims. There is no suggestion about the shooters religion, or political leanings.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:25 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
From what I have been reading, the alleged murderer was a self described atheist. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10038126.html

The alleged shooter's motives don't appear to show he murdered the three victims for being Muslims. That assumption is a leap at this point in the investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies