Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:19 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Little League World Series Champions from Chicago were stripped of their title for cheating. Piecing together reports I've read, it sounds like the coaches created a phony map of the boundaries to expand their recruiting territory and it's confirmed that at least one player is from outside the borders, but had it fixed to include him. The problem is the team is all Black.

- The ineligible player's Mother doesn't deny he was ineligible, but instead accused Little League of investigating only because the team is Black.

"I wholeheartedly believe if the boys were not African-American that all of this probing and prodding into what the newscaster [said] this morning was not an isolated incident about boundaries and Little League" wouldn't have happened, she said.".

- Jesse Jackson managed to be standing on camera right behind Mom of course and he sounded off as well.

Jackson asked, "Is this about boundaries or about race?"

- Now Rahm Emanuel has gotten involved calling the Little League President directly.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel called Keener and the two spoke for 10 minutes, a spokeswoman for the mayor, Kelley Quinn, said. Emanuel told the Little League official that the players didn't deserve to be punished. The organization should have sanctioned the adults, he said.

"You have turned them into the perpetrators when they are the victims," Emanuel told him, according to his spokeswoman. "You know what they have done for Chicago, and let's face it, you know what they've done for your tournament."

- How can peoplehonestly argue that the kids should get to keep the title/trophy?Why even have rules? If I'm a coach, why wouldn't I roll the dice next year and stack my team with a few ineligibles?As long as we win, the kids get to keep the title/trophy anyhow.

Jackie Robinson West Parents 'Totally Blindsided,' Rev. Jackson Cites Race - Roseland - DNAinfo.com Chicago
It's too bad, it was a nice feel good story, but at some point rules (and laws) have to mean something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 05:22 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
At least ONE person in Chicago sees Jesse "My Boy's A Convict" Jackson, Jr. for what he is: a race-baiting, opportunisitic turd.

In Little League, it should be about baseball cards, not the race card - Chicago Tribune

I feel bad for the kids on both teams, because kids don't deserve to get punished for the unethical behavior of the adults around them. I played a lot of Little League Baseball when I was a kid, and I remember one year we faced a team from Miami. There was no question that these kids were older than advertised (we were playing in the 11-12 yr old state tournament, and the catcher from the Miami team drove himself to the game....j/k), and sure enough, some of them could not produce birth certificates.

Unfortunately, this is right in the wheelhouse of two of the biggest race-baiting, rule-ignoring turds in American history: Jesse Jackson, Jr. and Barack Obama.
Why should that matter if their skin color was Brown?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:09 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Unlike football where teams intentionally run up the score for higher rankings, baseball is different. Once a manager/coach gets to a significant lead, he calls off the dogs. That is not to say they stop trying, but they put in reserves, and play less aggressively. For instance, other than home runs, they do not try to leg out an extra base hit. They stop stealing and intentionally bunting players over. They essentially go station to station. Many leagues even have a mercy rule to where you need to be within 7 runs or the game is called early.

The point is that for a team to score 43 runs, the coach obviously did not follow the aforementioned unwritten rules. He did it either out of ignorance, bravado, or some other reason.
I am just surprised his batters did not start getting hit with pitches, or a fight didn't break out. Regardless, if you spit in someone's face, it does not surprise me that the team spit upon didn't want payback. Like the old saying goes, what comes around, goes around.

`
43 runs in 4 innings.

Evergreen pitching may have been so bad they walked in 20 or so runs. We have no idea but the game should have been called off after a 10 run lead. At the same time 11 and 12 year olds aren't going to stop playing to spare another teams feelings.

Its not much fun to play baseball for 39 minutes and stop the game.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You don't know this! Until a child makes a statement, this will always remain your personal unsubstantiated opinion...
A child did make a statement, that's what lead to the investigation. I am sure the kids knew who the who their team mates were all year, then all of a sudden the faces change for the championship game, and they didn't notice? Right!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
A child did make a statement, that's what lead to the investigation. I am sure the kids knew who the who their team mates were all year, then all of a sudden the faces change for the championship game, and they didn't notice? Right!
but isn't it an all star cast of the league? Pretty sure this wasn't the first time these kids played together and since they are 11 and 12 more than likely they thought little of it.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:30 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
An American team of ringers got their butts kicked by a bunch of Asians at Americas game?

Thanks Obama

Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
but isn't it an all star cast of the league? Pretty sure this wasn't the first time these kids played together and since they are 11 and 12 more than likely they thought little of it.
The team had to knew some team members played in other leagues during the regular season. I'll bet if they asked how come they all were together for the tournament they were told different rules applied.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 AM

16,588 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If this happened to me I would have approached that coach in the parking lot and he would have had to knuckle up for his decision. I coach youth baseball and it's unacceptable to throw a batter.
We disagree on many things, but I would have assumed how to play baseball would not be one of them.
Throwing at batters is a common and historically accepted unwritten rule to play baseball. Granted you don't have little kids doing so, but once they reach the JV level they had better learn it is part of the game. Maybe you were only taking about little kids when you say "youth baseball".

My son asked me about throwing at batters, and I always told him I would let him know when he could, but not at this age, even if the coach wanted him to. Even back then I always emphasized that when the time came, you never go for the head(another unwritten rule). He was also a position player at the time and asked me what he should do if he was intentionally hit by a pitch. I told him you suck up the pain, don't let the pitcher see it, take you base, and let the coach deal with it.

`

Old 02-16-2015, 01:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
We disagree on many things, but I would have assumed how to play baseball would not be one of them.
Throwing at batters is a common and historically accepted unwritten rule to play baseball. Granted you don't have little kids doing so, but once they reach the JV level they had better learn it is part of the game. Maybe you were only taking about little kids when you say "youth baseball".

My son asked me about throwing at batters, and I always told him I would let him know when he could, but not at this age, even if the coach wanted him to. Even back then I always emphasized that when the time came, you never go for the head(another unwritten rule). He was also a position player at the time and asked me what he should do if he was intentionally hit by a pitch. I told him you suck up the pain, don't let the pitcher see it, take you base, and let the coach deal with it.

`
My comment is only in reference to young kids. Specifically, brentwoodgirl and I were discussing this happening to an 8 year old. Which in my opinion is unacceptable at that age!

Old 02-16-2015, 02:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
An American team of ringers got their butts kicked by a bunch of Asians at Americas game?

Thanks Obama
Huh??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies