Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 11:35 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,261,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You are projecting your lying and dishonesty on to me. Unsurprising coming from a liberal. Tell you what, just go back under your bridge and stay there.
What lying is that?
We've posted video PROOF. We've posted links to the top conservative think tanks' own website. We posted a link to FoxNews saying outright that the individual mandate came from the GOP.

You've posted... well, your OPINION and bunch of outright, proven lies.

The top Conservative think tank proposed the ideas (several times). GOP legislators introduced individual mandate legislation 20 years ago. A former GOP speaker of the house endorsed the idea (several times) and your last Presidential Candidate actually IMPLEMENTED such a plan when he was governor.'
That's quite a history of support for those very aspects of Obamacare that they suddenly find offensive.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Here is a great little article that talks about Romneycare and how it really came to be...

Analyzing Romney’s Leadership On Health Care | Kaiser Health News

Old 02-17-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here is a great little article that talks about Romneycare and how it really came to be...

Analyzing Romney’s Leadership On Health Care | Kaiser Health News
OK?
And?

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
OK?
And?

Ken
Did you read?

No, o.k.....

Old 02-17-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Did you read?

No, o.k.....
Yeah, I read it.
Again, so?

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, I read it.
Again, so?

Ken
So, you see it was not all Romney's ideas.....even though it's called Romney care...

Same can be said the Obama care is not all obamas ideas even though it's called Obamacare...

Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
So, you see it was not all Romney's ideas.....even though it's called Romney care...

Same can be said the Obama care is not all obamas ideas even though it's called Obamacare...
I never said it was "all Romney's ideas" - and Obamacare is certainly NOT "all Obama's ideas". Obama called for legislation that would provide universal coverage, allow those with pre-existing conditions to get insurance at reasonable prices, and help make insurance coverage affordable to people. He got most of that (he didn't get universal coverage but the number of insured did climb a LOT). As I said, It's not Obama's plan. He didn't write it, and his staff didn't write it. He called upon Congress to give him a bill that did certain things. Obamacare does MOST of those things. It's not exactly what he wanted, but it was close enough - so he pushed for it and signed it.

GOP folks labeled the ACA "Obamacare".

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 PM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,670,902 times
Quote:
You are projecting your lying and dishonesty on to me.
Your childish "I know you are but what am I" nonsense isn't going to save face for you in this case. Your comments were factually incorrect. Again: Until you admit that, there's nothing else to say in response to your comments except to underscore the scurrilous nature of the deception you attempted.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,919,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your childish "I know you are but what am I" nonsense isn't going to save face for you in this case. Your comments were factually incorrect. Again: Until you admit that, there's nothing else to say in response to your comments except to underscore the scurrilous nature of the deception you attempted.
My statements are facts; yours are lies.

Democrats and liberals have been lying about the ACA since Day One - you and "Ken" are just carrying on a proud tradition on this thread.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
My statements are facts; yours are lies.

Democrats and liberals have been lying about the ACA since Day One - you and "Ken" are just carrying on a proud tradition on this thread.
What lying is that?
Again:
We've posted video PROOF. We've posted links to the top conservative think tanks' own website. We posted a link to FoxNews saying outright that the individual mandate came from the GOP.

You've posted... well, your OPINION and bunch of outright, proven lies.

The top Conservative think tank proposed the ideas (several times). GOP legislators introduced individual mandate legislation 20 years ago. A former GOP speaker of the house endorsed the idea (several times) and your last Presidential Candidate actually IMPLEMENTED such a plan when he was governor.'
That's quite a history of support for those very aspects of Obamacare that they suddenly find offensive.

Apparently you are not honest enough to admit you are wrong even when faced with evidence from GOP sources that outright undermine your claims. Not a lot of sense in carrying on a conversation with someone who simply chooses to ignore or deny evidence no matter what it is or no matter what the source. Such a person can add nothing to an intelligent debate. Such a person has simply become a troll.
Time to put you on ignore.
Good Riddance.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies