Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 08:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And you are obsessed with gay men. Try and be gay for a day, see if it works.
Uh-oh...crossing the line from gaydreaming to gay reality might, dare I say it, hurt!

[]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:21 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And you are obsessed with gay men. Try and be gay for a day, see if it works.
I believe this character is in fact gay. I recall him posting about his days as a gay man in the past. He went through this abusive conversion therapy or some fanatical religious conversion. Who knows... Regardless, he is a victim. Hopefully one day he will realize it and overcome this shame so that he can feel comfortable in his own skin. One can only feel sympathy for this poor soul.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:53 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Inmates can tell you that heterosexuality is not immutable.
Rape is sex? Like, the type of sex that fills sexual desire? I thought it was about control ...

Old 02-13-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Rape is sex? Like, the type of sex that fills sexual desire? I thought it was about control ...
I think it really is about sex but not of their, uh, choosing. With that said, I don't think we can derive any useful comparison between prisons and the world-at-large. Prison is not a normal environment.

[fascinating, but not normal]

Old 02-13-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I think it really is about sex but not of their, uh, choosing. With that said, I don't think we can derive any useful comparison between prisons and the world-at-large. Prison is not a normal environment.

[fascinating, but not normal]
Maybe among women. However, men are a bit different. Scientists have isolated a possible homosexual gene among men, but not women. They've also been able to point to certain environmental factors (changes in DNA, changes in the womb) that back gay men, but not necessarily for women. From what I understand, prison sex among men is strictly about protection and control.

Personally, women gross me out when it comes to that. I've tried to do things with them, but it was just gross. Maybe somebody can force themselves into the act in order to fit a social hierarchy, however ...

Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Maybe among women. However, men are a bit different. Scientists have isolated a possible homosexual gene among men, but not women. They've also been able to point to certain environmental factors (changes in DNA, changes in the womb) that back gay men, but not necessarily for women. From what I understand, prison sex among men is strictly about protection and control.

Personally, women gross me out when it comes to that. I've tried to do things with them, but it was just gross. Maybe somebody can force themselves into the act in order to fit a social hierarchy, however ...
I haven't done any serious investigation on the subject so I can't really say for certain. However, if a male inmate wanted to control another male inmate, threatening to beat the 'subordinate' male (or maybe actually doing that) would be all the motivation that is necessary to make him comply. I accept that rape is about control, but it would seem to me that, for a straight male, the 'heterosexual filter' would kick-in if he tried to rape a subordinate and he'd be repulsed by the idea. After all, he is still a straight male.

[then again, I did say prison was not normal...]

Old 02-13-2015, 10:36 PM

I think sexual attraction involves a natural attraction - like the urge to drool (for lack of a more appropriate word at the moment) over somebody because of certain traits they possess. That's something I just couldn't imagine anybody being able to change about themselves ... but then again I've never been to prison either lol

Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Inmates can tell you that heterosexuality is not immutable.
Plenty of people have had sex, especially coerced sex, with people they felt/feel no desire for.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The gay man is in love with his own sexuality.. and is attracted to the same sex.. anything can be changed. Never say never.
You seem to have deep insights into gay men's psyches. I'd love to know how you come by this insight.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I haven't done any serious investigation on the subject so I can't really say for certain. However, if a male inmate wanted to control another male inmate, threatening to beat the 'subordinate' male (or maybe actually doing that) would be all the motivation that is necessary to make him comply. I accept that rape is about control, but it would seem to me that, for a straight male, the 'heterosexual filter' would kick-in if he tried to rape a subordinate and he'd be repulsed by the idea. After all, he is still a straight male.

[then again, I did say prison was not normal...]
No, all the research from at least the last 60 years shows that most male rape is perpetrated by heterosexual men. Historically, men would rape male prisoners of war/strangers etc to humiliate and dominate them by treating them like they would a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies