Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for somebody who doesn't have a degree?
Yes 153 72.51%
No 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times

Advertisements

Liberals are funny. They wont vote for a person because of no college degree. Yet, Liberals have some of the most fubared degrees that have no , absolutely no, value to anyone, business etc except the college they purchased it from, and the government loan that made interest off of them..
Liberals, is that degree you have of any value other than the paper its printed on..
Tech school, and trade schools are just as valuable to society. Dont judge a person due to not having a degree.
And Scott Walker is doing a better JOB than most politicians as to the running of his state he was Elected to run.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,303 times
Consider the number of Harvard and Yale graduates we've had for President, Presidential candidates, Senators, and/or other government officials. Why would we think having a college graduate is better for the government of this country?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Liberals are funny. They wont vote for a person because of no college degree. Yet, Liberals have some of the most fubared degrees that have no , absolutely no, value to anyone, business etc except the college they purchased it from, and the government loan that made interest off of them..
Liberals, is that degree you have of any value other than the paper its printed on..
Tech school, and trade schools are just as valuable to society. Dont judge a person due to not having a degree.
And Scott Walker is doing a better JOB than most politicians as to the running of his state he was Elected to run.
This is funny because I am a liberal and I voted "yes."

Old 02-13-2015, 06:28 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. That’s normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post

who gives a crap
he has what it takes to be a great president
look at the poppas ass we have now, he makes a good case for what a degree means
NANNA

Old 02-13-2015, 06:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Sure. A college degree doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence or common sense.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Some of our worst presidents were well educated: Barrack Obama, Jimmy Carter, Woodrow Wilson (I'm sure there are more).

Reagan didn't finish college, and he is considered the best president in recent history.

Clearly, George W. Bush was far superior to Obama too.
Reagan graduated from Eureka College, but you make a good point about George W Bush. He has degrees from Yale and Harvard. Does anybody think that Bush was a good president? And I say this as a convervative.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 02-13-2015 at 07:23 AM..

Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,098 times
Knowledge comes in many ways. Institutional learning is overrated. In the end, Walkers problems arent going to be about institutional credentials, it is going to be that his anti-working class, Ayn Randian conservatism doesn't resonate with the majority of the USA.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Talking Dear GOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. That’s normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post
Please nominate this dud.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:45 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course. This is only common sense.

These posters think that you can just grab the local mechanic and make him the president because he's plain spoken, bombastic, gives a firm handshake, looks you in the eye, and drives a pickup.

This type of thinking drives me nuts.

Reading past posts from those denigrating Walker, claims are made that Reagan and Bush were the most brain dead moronic and damaging presidents ever (a false narrative) yet they had college degrees. Carter and Obama crushed the nation to third world status (a false narrative) yet they had college degrees. So the question remains, why is a college education considered an important requisite for the job of president? From all the whining and complaining, it would seem the opposite is more likely.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't know which I find more humorous, you feeling a liberal arts degree is important to be the president or that you need a college degree to have culture.
Lol, I know right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies