Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 03:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
And let's not forget capital gains taxes.

Because according to Republican Logic, money that you DON'T work for should be taxed less than money that you DO work for.
Encouraging investment stimulates the economy. Capital gains is good, because it is usually reinvested, resulting in more business expansion.

If capital gains were taxed at 100%, how many people do you think would invest? The more you tax something, the less of it you will have. Taxing capital gains at a high rate does not help. But it is a great way to slow the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Hey folks. I would just like to inform ya'll that on average, YOU pay a greater percentage of your income toward Federal taxes than billionaires pay.

This here chart spells it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...psaaae01b7.jpg

Available here:

9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

So the next time you're implored to think of those oppressed billionaires (who own your government and half of the United States of America)- remember that you pay a greater percent of Federal taxes than they do. When people claim otherwise (and they do every day- being deliberately dishonest), they're leaving out Social Security taxes, Medicare taxes, and a plethora of tax-loopholes that people who can afford an army of accountants and tax lawyers can take advantage of- but YOU can't.
You might first ask why so much tax is necessary?

Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Government is about laws.

Obama for instance graduated with honors from Harvard law school. He then taught constitutional law at a university for twelve years.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does GW Bush's and Mitt Romney's experience as a CEO make them better qualified to run government than Obama?
"How does GW Bush's and Mitt Romney's experience as a CEO make them better qualified to run government than Obama?"

If you don't know by now, NOTING I say will help you.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I assume you believe that if your cousin ever opened a hospital, he'd immediately turn into a CEO and move the hospital overseas. After all, all CEO's move jobs overseas, correct?
Can you show me a TV, computer, modem, DVD player, GPS, or cell phone made in America?

Answer: No you can't because American CEO's moved their factories to Asia to get cheaper labor costs.

But the above was a great spin attempt to confuse the issue of American CEO's moving US jobs to Asia.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahah.

Sorry but no. Maybe for a small company. But for a larger company they have minions that do all of that. Its the management of the minions which is important....and many ceos have a VP that does even that. So really it depends on the company and the position.
The same is true for the POTUS. He/she must do many of the exact same things that the CEO of a large company does.

The POTUS version of a board would be congress.

The POTUS version of a CFO is the Secretary Of The Treasury.

The POTUS version of a COO might be the Secretary Of State.

The POTUS version of an accounts receivable would be the IRS.

The POTUS version of a CRO might be the AD.

Being a CEO is actually very good experience to have for a POTUS.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Billionaire CEO's like Warren Buffet have 11% tax rates.

But my cousin who is a doctor and businessman pays over 30% in taxes. My cousin worked his butt off to get where he is, he keeps your family healthy, and his business ventures create jobs in America. But American CEO's move their American jobs to Asia to get cheaper labor costs.

Today's republicans only fight for what the CEO's at Fox news/Rush radio tell them. And the CEO's want this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Why not give that $6.6 trillion dollars to the middle class and American job creators like my cousin?
Trust me, you get ANY credibility by using Think Progress. You might a well cite MSNBC or Huff Post.

Oh wait, they are ALL the same.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Can you show me a TV, computer, modem, DVD player, GPS, or cell phone made in America?

Answer: No you can't because American CEO's moved their factories to Asia to get cheaper labor costs.
Correct.

If a CEO tries to keep their electronics company in the US, they will most likely either go out of business or change their business model to become a small 'boutique' electronics firm.

The vast majority of consumers look for price first. It's the reason why WalMart is the largest retailer in the US.

If you feel it's best to keep your prices higher, hardly sell any of your product and start hemorrhaging money, the board and stock holders would remove you fairly quick.

I'm assuming you're not a CEO.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"How does GW Bush's and Mitt Romney's experience as a CEO make them better qualified to run government than Obama?"

If you don't know by now, NOTING I say will help you.
I hear Fox news/Rush radio followers say "we need business experience in government", but I never hear them explain why.

How does GW Bush's and Mitt Romney's experience as a CEO make them better qualified to run government than Obama?

Can you explain why?
Or can you only say "we need business experience in politicians" ?

Old 02-17-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:

But the above was a great spin attempt to confuse the issue of American CEO's moving US jobs to Asia.
"
<li class="section">Olevia
  • As of the date of this publication, Olevia is a U.S. based company that manufactures LCD and LED TVs. The LCD TVs come in 32 and 42-inch display screens. Each model has an Energy Star rating. The 42-inch model has a full 1,080p display. The LED series ranges from 22 to 42-inches in size. You can also purchase a 32-inch model with a built-in DVD player. Each LED model has Dolby Digital sound and a 1,080p display.
  • Silo Digital
Silo Digital, owned and operated in California, creates TVs and computer monitors. As of the date of this publication, Silo Digital manufacturers both LCD and LED TV models. The LED model ranges in size from 24 to 47-inches. The LCD models range in size from 32 to 55-inches. Several models have 1,080p display output. Silo Digital also manufactures a 3D LED television.
Phillips Magnavox

• Phillips Magnavox is company owned in the Netherlands with manufacturing plants in several locations worldwide, including Malaysia, Mexico, Thailand, China and the U.S. While the majority of Phillips Magnavox's TV models are assembled overseas, some projection TV models are assembled in the U.S.
Panasonic

• Panasonic is based in Japan, but has manufacturing plants in Malaysia, the U.S. and a few other countries. While many Panasonic TV models are assembled in Malaysia, the company does sell a few TV models assembled in the U.S. For example, some 20-inch TV/VCR combination TVs are assembled in the U.S.
Vizio

• Vizio, a California-based company, manufacturers LCD and LED HDTVs as well as TV accessories and other electronics, such as tablet PCs. Both the LCD and LED TVs range from 16 to more than 50 inches. Vizio also manufactures an LED TV with 3D capabilities.
Sharp

• The Sharp Electronics Corporation, based in New Jersey, is a division of the original Sharp company based in Japan. The Sharp Electronics Corporation manufactures and sells LCD and LED televisions up to 80 inches in size. The company also makes television accessories such as Blu-ray players and DVD players.
Toshiba

• While Toshiba is a Japan-based company, the TV manufacturer assembles some televisions models in the U.S. For example, the SuperTube TV and Flat Tube HDTV carry a Made-in-the-USA label. Some models of plasma TVs are also made in the USA.

http://www.ehow.com/info_12182717_li...e-america.html

It's amazing what a little research can produce

Old 02-17-2015, 03:27 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:

Can you show me landscape, construction and now restaurant work done by an American? No, you can't. Be democrats in-sourced the work to cheap Mexican labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies