Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:43 AM

963 posts, read 685,793 times

Advertisements

In case you missed it BUU:

Communist Party USA Chairman Vows Cooperation With Democratic Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,649,969 times
Evidently you didn't comprehend the words you yourself posted. How embarrassing for you.

You probably don't even realize your logic failure.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:45 AM

30,458 posts, read 21,652,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
There are 11 Jewish Senators (10 Democrats 1 Independent) and 19 Jewish Representatives (18 Democratic 1 Republicans). When one party constantly nominates fellow Jews for high political office and the other doesn't which party do you think Jews will choose?
And most all support the Country of Israel and its continued existence. Leftist in general, which includes many of Obama's closest supporters are Pro Palestinian (Anti-Israel) supporters. How Democratic Jews can live with a Party that is going in that direction rests on their shoulders, not non-Jewish commentators. I would bet more Jews and Christians bail out of the party going into the Future.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:18 PM

15,785 posts, read 21,291,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And most all support the Country of Israel and its continued existence. Leftist in general, which includes many of Obama's closest supporters are Pro Palestinian (Anti-Israel) supporters. How Democratic Jews can live with a Party that is going in that direction rests on their shoulders, not non-Jewish commentators. I would bet more Jews and Christians bail out of the party going into the Future.

I am pro-Palestinian. I'm also Jewish and was in Israel during the conflict with Gaza in July. I'm also pro-Israel in so far as I believe Israel has a right to exist. I do not believe that Israel has a right to exist without valid criticism as some (who generally are not Jewish) do.

Why do you think being pro-Palestinian means anti-Israel? I am severely critical of Israeli policies that allow and/or encourage settlements. So are many Israelis. Are they anti-Israel too?

Oy vey.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:32 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The only country Americans owe allegiance to is America. IF our policies benefit other countries after they're determined to be right for America, that's fine, but NO other country's well-bring should ever take precedence over America's in determining the way Americans vote.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:42 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,077,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only country Americans owe allegiance to is America. IF our policies benefit other countries after they're determined to be right for America, that's fine, but NO other country's well-bring should ever take precedence over America's in determining the way Americans vote.
Funny that the same people who criticize Obama and allege that he has divided loyalties are the ones that are loyal to Israel over the interests of the United States.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:55 PM

76,873 posts, read 47,170,347 times
Quote:
Why do Jews vote democrat?
Maybe they are tired of GOP using them and Israel as political pawns.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:50 PM

16,172 posts, read 8,319,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I am pro-Palestinian. I'm also Jewish and was in Israel during the conflict with Gaza in July. I'm also pro-Israel in so far as I believe Israel has a right to exist. I do not believe that Israel has a right to exist without valid criticism as some (who generally are not Jewish) do.

Why do you think being pro-Palestinian means anti-Israel? I am severely critical of Israeli policies that allow and/or encourage settlements. So are many Israelis. Are they anti-Israel too?

Oy vey.
Much of what you said depends on ones definition of what the terms pro-Israel and/or pro-Palestinian means to the individual.
For instance, pro-Palestinian can mean a two state solution with Jerusalem being a shared capitol, vs. Palestinians being semi-autonomous with Jerusalem being the capitol of the Jewish state of Israel.
There in lies one of the biggest stumbling blocks the semantical argument encounters.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:22 AM

943 posts, read 777,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Funny that the same people who criticize Obama and allege that he has divided loyalties are the ones that are loyal to Israel over the interests of the United States.
This needs repeating.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:30 AM

943 posts, read 777,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Oy vey.
Incredible post. Strange how non-jews will sometimes accuse actual Jewish people of being anti-semitic because they don't agree with everything Israel does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies