Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:05 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Explain why you're so eager to have nonconsensual sex with a drunk woman?
I'm not sure how you've made that conclusion. If I have, please prove it otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:06 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Explain why you're so eager to have nonconsensual sex with a drunk woman?
To two drunk people, consent was mutual. Used to be chicks got drunk so they'd be able to blow you off the next day. Now they can also ruin your life, get a free education, write a book and go on TV as well.

Nice new area of ambulance chasing, imho. So word to the not so wise men out there...CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Thing is, relationships going south is now just cause to lynch people in the public square, as in the Columbia student who claimed rape and now walks around campus with a mattress on her back as a protest against the university exonerating the person she accused. The male student in this case would have been far better off had he never spoken to her and handled his sexual impulses with a professional who has no emotional investment in the transaction.

Between legal fees, his reputation (which accusations wreck and exoneration never seems to repair), and his daily existence on campus, the couple $hundred a hooker would have charged for the same number of hookups he had with his accuser (two) would have been a big savings and much wiser choice in handling the impulse.

Lot to be said for hiring professionals, especially in a culture where amateurs can ruin your life with an accusation even if untrue.
In the case you're describing he should be suing her for slander and the damage he incurred, both financial and emotional.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I'm not sure how you've made that conclusion. If I have, please prove it otherwise.
You seem to have a problem with drinking & sex. Specifically, keeping it in the pants. Why?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:08 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of what's posted thank you very much. I created this thread to discuss what makes drunk sex rape in a state like California.
Then why didn't you post a link to something discussing the law in California instead of a link to a discussion about the internal policies of colleges across the entire US?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:10 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
To two drunk people, consent was mutual. Used to be chicks got drunk so they'd be able to blow you off the next day. Now they can also ruin your life, get a free education, write a book and go on TV as well.

Nice new area of ambulance chasing, imho. So word to the not so wise men out there...CAVEAT EMPTOR.

This is the problem! As a society we have become extremely vindictive, vengeful and always trying to one up one another! I'm just glad I'm married, and don't have to deal with the drama of the dating game, and worry about a booty call gone wrong!

Old 02-13-2015, 12:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Having sex with someone drunk just su*ks.....

Sloppy kisses, firmness problems, too rough but not the good rough......it's just no good!

I'm just sayin'....

Old 02-13-2015, 12:19 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In the case you're describing he should be suing her for slander and the damage he incurred, both financial and emotional.
She's become the darling of the feminist left and he's already a pariah. He just wants to graduate and let the story die down.

Read more at: Columbia Student: I Didn’t Rape Her

Of particular note are two things:
  1. Sulkowicz filing a police report to make Nungesser's name public record, but not actually pursuing criminal charges. She wanted his name out in the court of public opinion, because if you can't get a guilty verdict, hey, at least ruin the dude's life.
  2. Senator Gilibrand posing with Sulkowicz and trading on the reputation and life of an innocent man to score political points.
Anyone with high school or college age sons should read that entire case with their son(s) and let them know that's the way of the world and to prepare accordingly. Like I said, I'd advise them to never, ever be in a situation where the entire story comes down to "he said, she said" because "he" will lose. Maybe not in official due process, but in the court of public opinion "he" loses every single time.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of what's posted thank you very much. I created this thread to discuss what makes drunk sex rape in a state like California.
Thanks for confirming your ongoing confusion.
Suspect's only filed his Title IX complaint. LA Superior Court hasn't even weighed on it yet.
The problem is with Title IX, not California.
Quote:
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., is a Federal civil rights
law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. All public and
private elementary and secondary schools, school districts, colleges, and universities (hereinafter
“schools”) receiving any Federal funds must comply with Title IX. Under Title IX, discrimination on the
basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence, such as rape, sexual assault, sexual
battery, and sexual coercion.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Except, that's not what the story in the OP was about. The woman wasn't passed out or incapacitated, she texted him, walked from her room to his and scr*wed him. And then scr*wed him again a few days later when she decided she "was assaulted". Crap like this dilutes the seriousness or credibility of cases of actual rape.

Even a liberal should be able to read.
ahh but then that was the "gist" the op was wanting to slant it. eh? I agree wholeheartedly with you on bogus rape allegations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies