Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then tell all your fellow Obama lovers, that Congress plays a bigger role in the function of this nation, than the president ever will. With the House of Reps with the biggest.(they are closer to the people that elect them)
Actually the Senate plays a bigger part than the House does. Just because the House has more members doesn't make it more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 03:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I really do. Every time there was a press conference, it was always entertaining to watch him. The guy had a personality, a sense of humor and had this folksy way of communicating with the American people.

Obama on the other hand, has no sense of humor. His speeches are mostly robotic, anyways, he is nothing more than a George Soros puppet
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever read such a justification for liking the village idiot.

Sure, put a village idiot at the helm, so he can talk to the yahoos of our society, while being a bumbling, stumbling, blabbering, bungling imbecile, whose policies cause the country to bleed to death.

I prefer President Obama. Supremely gifted orator, exceptional class, integrity, character, and most importantly, the most effective President in history. His policies, both foreign and domestic, have been a great success. He resuscitated this country from 8 horrific years of Republican policies and Bush.

A deeper perspective is more relevant here.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever read such a justification for liking the village idiot.

Sure, put a village idiot at the helm, so he can talk to the yahoos of our society, while being a bumbling, stumbling, blabbering, bungling imbecile, whose policies cause the country to bleed to death.

I prefer President Obama. Supremely gifted orator, exceptional class, integrity, character, and most importantly, the most effective President in history. His policies, both foreign and domestic, have been a great success. He resuscitated this country from 8 horrific years of Republican policies and Bush.

A deeper perspective is more relevant here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw

Old 02-17-2015, 04:21 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Here's the bottom line: America in 2015 is better than America at the end of 2008.

Read it and weep, bro.

Obama wins.
True but not due to anything Obama has done.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Saying Bush had a good economy is like saying the Titanic had a good voyage minus the iceberg . His best years were fueled by war spending and the mother of all housing bubbles.

Bush's foreign policy resume ranks among the very worst in history. A complete disaster on every level.
And of course Clinton's years were fueled by the mother of all tech bubbles, but you refer to them as impressive growth. You just never stop with the ridiculous spin spin spin.

You'd do your cause more benefit if you engaged in less intellectual dishonesty.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am sure we will, in 2016 the Democrats will keep the presidential election and win back the Senate, and Republicans will continue to hold the House.

You sound just like Nancy Pelosi in 2009, 2011, and 2013.....
What is this Democrat surge going to be contributed to?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
You sound just like Nancy Pelosi in 2009, 2011, and 2013.....
You don't make sense here, what are you talking about? Pelosi is in the House, not the Senate or President.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You don't make sense here, what are you talking about? Pelosi is in the House, not the Senate or President.
You don't want it to make sense.
Again, you sound just like Nancy Pelosi in denial that she would lose the speaker, and her prediction about taking the House back in 2012, a presidential year with a bigger turnout. Then her prediction of keeping the senate in Democrat control, in 2014.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-17-2015 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 07:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
So, you think Obama is King and congress doesn't matter?
I think that he meant IN SPITE of an ineffective and useless Congress

Old 02-19-2015, 07:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
I know, thank god we got Nancy Pelosi out as soon as we could, or it would have been death to the nation.
Now that Harry Ried is no longer controlling the Senate, Obama will be the one held accountable.
Pelosi was held accountable. She lost her control
Reid was held accountable. He lost his control.
Now it is time to hold Obama accountable, and show the nation that it is in fact Progressive policy that is the cancer of freedom & prosperity.

While totally ignoring the ineptitude of Congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies