Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 06:10 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
Look up Senator Leland Yee of California. For the most part his illegal exploits went completely ignored by mainscream press.

Really, you should look his story up. You'll be shocked.

Leland Yee was running guns and selling them to street gangs to fund his run for Governor!! Are you insane?

Jan 14th: While in prison, a Virginia lawmaker (Democrat) was re-elected to the House of Delegates yesterday after he previously resigned from office amid a sex scandal. The scandal involved one of his teenage employees.

Read more: Virginia Democrat Re-Elected while Serving Jail Time for Sex w/ 17-Year-Old Staffer | PJ Tatler

Chicago has had four Democrat Governors in a row incarcerated for racketeering and fraud.
Illinois has long legacy of public corruption - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

There's corruption on both sides, and I've never defended the corruption in either party! Yet, here you and the liberal cheerleader squad are rushing in to deflect, deny, and defend.

If you refuse to call out your own party, how can you be taken seriously when you call out the other? You're so focused on meaningless tit for tat that you're overlooking the grand picture, and the trouble BOTH PARTIES have with screwing the public trust.

You're being a hypocrite teapot calling the kettle black! Does that even resonate with you? It's pretty shameful how so many in here display this trait.
Alicee Hastings (D) federal IMPEACHED, In 1981, Hastings was charged with accepting a $150,000 bribe in exchange for a lenient sentence and a return of seized assets for 21 counts of racketeering

Elected to House of Representatives.

Mayor, "The ***** set me up" Marion Barry (D)," the first prominent civil-rights activist to become chief executive of a major American city", " when he was videotaped smoking crack cocaine and was arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officials on drug charges". Barry had served three tenures on the Council of the District of Columbia" "and again from 2005 to 2014"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Then why does she have to announce herself as a bisexual? Kind of like wearing a costume to the liberal costume party I guess.
"Then why does she have to announce herself as a bisexual?"

We hear this ALL the time, "Keep out of my bedroom", then they have to announce to the world what they do in the bedroom.

Can't have it both ways!

Old 02-15-2015, 06:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just watched a report on NBC about the Oregon governor who was forced to resign, and nowhere did it mention which political party he was. It is the most blatant example of political bias on the networks I can remember. Can you imagine if he were a Republican? If so, they would have mentioned it over and over, and yet they condemn other networks for being biased. Hypocrites.

This is all you need to know to interpret "mainstream media" news coverage:

1. Any crime reported that does not specify race can assumed to be a minority.
2. Any scandal that involves an unidentified politician can be assumed to be a Democrat.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Chicago has had four Democrat Governors in a row incarcerated for racketeering and fraud.
Illinois has long legacy of public corruption - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
Actually, it was three and one was a republican.

However, more damning was the fact that somebody via info from the FBI (very likely in the Obama organization) leaked the investigation to the media of Blagos sale of Obama's senate seat.

This ended the investigation prematurely that would have landed 6-10 prominent IL dems in jail including Jesse Jackson Jr. (they got him for something else unrelated though a year or so later).

So, while your facts aren't 100% your general point is pretty correct.

The R's and D's have tons of criminals.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
All the major networks have a conservative bias. Example, which event bellow recieved the most media attention?

A.) GW Bush attacking Iraq in the name of Sept 11, when Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11. And Bush killing 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people.

B.) Dick Cheney a Halliburton CEO giving Halliburton billions of dollars in no-bid US government contracts in Iraq. And Cheney and others in the Bush White House telling 935 lies about Iraq.
FOCUS | Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

C.) Bill Clinton saying 1 lie about his personal sex life.

Answer: C.

Bill Clinton's sex life lie received 100x more media attention than A. and B. above combined. The CEO's who run the major networks love republicans because they give them tax cuts like these,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Why should the "report on things that DIDN'T happen?

A.Lie

B. I don't recall ANY dem complaining when Bill Clinton awarded Halliburton its FIRST no-bid contract. Why?

C. Because he was NOT acting in his personal life. What part of getting BJ, DURING WORKING HOURS IN THE OVAL OFFICE, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

"The CEO's who run the major networks love republicans because they give them tax cuts like these,

Ignorance must be bliss. I know in YOUR highly intelligent non-biased mind you KNOW that the dems are just as guilty as you THINK the repubs are.

The last big tax cuts were under Bush and EVERY tax payer got a cut NOT, just the "rich" as the left keeps repeating over and over.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
My mother was upset at that, too, but she's 77. Older people probably are more offended than young folk. Myself, I couldn't care less what anybody announces about themselves.

"My mother was upset at that, too,"

That IGNORES the point.

WHY do they feel that they have to ANNOUNCE in the first place. Especially when all we here is "stay out of my bedroom"?

Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Fox News is the worst. They will lie in a heartbeat. Their viewers are the most ignorant because fox won't cover some despicable republicans.
Spoken like a TRUE partisan hack!

Congratulations. Your check is in the mail.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't recall when this happened, but it isn't much different than you announcing you are heterosexual. Being open about ones sexuality isn't a big deal to many people. Only those who are far right wing seem to be troubled by people being open about their sexuality.

No one needs to know anyones sexual preference.
It should not matter, to be exposed or revealed.

The only reasons to announce it, would be for sales marketing, or defamation of character, depending on your political audience.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just watched a report on NBC about the Oregon governor who was forced to resign, and nowhere did it mention which political party he was. It is the most blatant example of political bias on the networks I can remember. Can you imagine if he were a Republican? If so, they would have mentioned it over and over, and yet they condemn other networks for being biased. Hypocrites.
Another example:

"HARRISBURG, Pa. (CBS) — Pennsylvania attorney general Kathleen Kane today was vigorously defending her decision not to bring charges against several state lawmakers from the Philadelphia area caught on tape accepting illegal payments."

Kathleen Margaret Granahan Kane (born June 14, 1966)[1] is an American lawyer and politician who is the Attorney General of Pennsylvania.[2] She is the first woman and the first Democrat ever elected to the position
NO WHERE in the article dies it say she is a DEM.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Then why does she have to announce herself as a bisexual?"

We hear this ALL the time, "Keep out of my bedroom", then they have to announce to the world what they do in the bedroom.

Can't have it both ways!
Do politicians announce when they are straight? Do we see signs of their straight relationships? The reason for announcing one's sexuality is to prevent right wingers from trying to turn it into a "scandal" as if the politician has something to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies