Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:02 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8va9vLap2JI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 04:02 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Some people think that it may be random that they then go after Jews to kill - even when on the phone the guy in the "Kosher" grocery store then said he wanted to kill Jews.
If you have to pick one word out of an interview to get your undies in a bunch, chances are someone deliberately removed the context to make you good and angry. As was the case here.

"It is entirely legitimate for the American people to be deeply concerned when you've got a bunch of violent, vicious zealots who behead people or randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris." Seems fairly evident, unless you're really out for nits to pick, that "randomly" refers to the unpredictability of the attacks. Not to the choice of targets. When you start by calling people "violent, vicious zealots", it's rather unlikely you're going to make excuses for them half a sentence later.

Sheesh, why do I try? It's lore now. Carry on.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:17 PM

103 posts, read 97,797 times
Quote:
The amount of Americans (or even Christians) who say it should be legal or even expected to kill an abortion doctor is so negligible it may as well be zero percent.
Beyond that, if any American church circulated a document that advocated the killing of abortion doctors, that church would be prosecuted for participating in a felonious conspiracy, as the right to freedom of religion does not give you permission to plan as a group the murder of other people.

The Koran is hate speech.

It's as simple as that. Their sacred document is a roadmap for murder and anyone that circulates the document is participating in the conspiracy. Islam is a terrorist organization and should be classified as such by the US government. Muslims are therefore terrorists.

Unless someone can explain to me how it is that people that voluntarily join or remain affiliated with an organization that has murder as part of it's founding documents, it's foundation, and the real-life results prove the very real intention of those documents.

If a nazi website advocated murder, and then the members of that organization went out and committed murder, no one would have a problem with understanding this point, and taking the next logical step which would be to outlaw the organization and prosecute anyone that maintained there affiliation with it, or at minimum put them under a "watch list" of some sort.

Freedom of speech means I get to say these things, as someone else's claim of using "freedom of religion" in order to maintain their (fake) affiliation with a terrorist organization do not trump my right to tell the truth of who and what they are.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer View Post
Beyond that, if any American church circulated a document that advocated the killing of abortion doctors, that church would be prosecuted for participating in a felonious conspiracy, as the right to freedom of religion does not give you permission to plan as a group the murder of other people.
You were not around for the Tiller murder, I take it? The websites cheering over his demise thoughtfully listed name and addresses of other doctors. Oh, they weren't planning anything. Just, y'know - providing the list. Making the argument that while they certainly didn't like murder, well - think of alll those lives saved in the ultimate outcome. I'm not wading though that cesspool now, as there's a beer garden to attend to - but don't fool yourself into believing that they didn't tap-dance just on the line that less reflective individuals then moved on to cross.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Are you trying to fulfill Anders Breivik's dream of an ethnically pure Europe? You know remember him, right? The pro-Christian, anti-Muslim perpetrator of the Norway Attacks (77 dead)?
Ethnic cleansing ........

Christain Crusaders vs Muslims and Jews

Nazi Germany vs Jews and disabled

Now Radical Muslim terrorists vs anyone not up to their radical snuff

Old 02-15-2015, 05:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Islam exploded out of the Arabian Peninsula in the mid 7th century in a spasm of violent conquest.

And how do you know what the Crusaders did on their way to take back the Levant when there is very little reliable evidence of what happened?
There have been thousands of scholery books written on the Crusades from every angle, all of it more substantive that the drivel fed to kids in Catholic schools Sunday School. Popes gave imunity for past, present and future sins- a powerful recruiting tool.

Take back the Levant?

From whom?

Since when did the Levant belong to Christians?

Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all perceive Jerusalism as a holy place. There are more similarities amongst Abrahamic religion than differences.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you have to pick one word out of an interview to get your undies in a bunch, chances are someone deliberately removed the context to make you good and angry. As was the case here.

"It is entirely legitimate for the American people to be deeply concerned when you've got a bunch of violent, vicious zealots who behead people or randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris." Seems fairly evident, unless you're really out for nits to pick, that "randomly" refers to the unpredictability of the attacks. Not to the choice of targets. When you start by calling people "violent, vicious zealots", it's rather unlikely you're going to make excuses for them half a sentence later.

Sheesh, why do I try? It's lore now. Carry on.
You clearly didn't look at my link to see who or what I was talking about.

Jen Psaki, on behalf of the State Dept., wasn't sure what Obama meant by random - so to save face for Obama, she - Jen Psaki, was forced to dance around and insist that the Kosher store may in fact have been at random.

Click on the link, something that you should have done BEFORE you responded to see what I was talking about.

You will be forced to agree with me - that she plays up the random card and refused to say that it was a target because it was a grocery store for Jews.

What is more, she said she wouldn't speak on behalf of the French government as to if it was a random target or targeted due to Jews -- but the French government has said the grocery store was targeted for being Jewish and the killer himself said he was going to kill Jews there.

"Sheesh, why do I try? It's lore now with Obama Administration newspeak. Carry on."

Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
You clearly didn't look at my link to see who or what I was talking about.

Jen Psaki, on behalf of the State Dept., wasn't sure what Obama meant by random - so to save face for Obama, she - Jen Psaki, was forced to dance around and insist that the Kosher store may in fact have been at random.

Click on the link, something that you should have done BEFORE you responded to see what I was talking about.

You will be forced to agree with me - that she plays up the random card and refused to say that it was a target because it was a grocery store for Jews.

What is more, she said she wouldn't speak on behalf of the French government as to if it was a random target or targeted due to Jews -- but the French government has said the grocery store was targeted for being Jewish and the killer himself said he was going to kill Jews there.

"Sheesh, why do I try? It's lore now with Obama Administration newspeak. Carry on."
You're right. Let's use an interview about an interview where a State Department official is asked to read the President's mind regarding a single word in an interview. Because reading the Obama interview itself would just be too damn simple.

As I said, it's lore now. Put it on the list right next to "He thinks there are 57 states".

Old 02-15-2015, 10:45 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're right. Let's use an interview about an interview. Because reading the Obama interview itself would just be too damn simple.
Obama will do anything to avoid the obvious; the problem is radical Islam.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Obama will do anything to avoid the obvious; the problem is radical Islam.
I guess that for some, "violent, vicious zealots" just isn't condemnatory enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies