Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 05:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Basically since first two years Obama has done nothing in law that is permanent. looking at military he has stayed cutting our forces which isn't a good thing considering the new challenges its created. His ACA isn't accept as law and his stimulus wasn't a success because of how he; who was fully in charge: spent it. The massive infrastructure improvements did not come about. Personally I am more worried about the military capability we have loss and years it will take to recover during a dangerous time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically since first two years Obama has done nothing in law that is permanent. looking at military he has stayed cutting our forces which isn't a good thing considering the new challenges its created. His ACA isn't accept as law and his stimulus wasn't a success because of how he; who was fully in charge: spent it. The massive infrastructure improvements did not come about. Personally I am more worried about the military capability we have loss and years it will take to recover during a dangerous time.
Cut the military?

What frickin country do you live in? We having had any meaningful cuts in the military in decades.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You seem to be such a huge Obama supporter, I thought you might want to clue us in as to why.

The occupant of the White House has a lot to do with how well you live, unless you happen to be independently wealthy.

Example: When Obama was elected, before he even took office my business and that of many others in construction, took a nose dive. People were afraid to do anything, so uncertain were they about his promise to "fundamentally transform the United States of America."

Small businesses began preparing for the worst, laying off people and downsizing; a documented fact, from real life stories as told to those in the talk radio business, bloggers and others. My personal experience, and that of a friend of mine in landscaping, was that our businesses just pretty much came to a stand still. I had always been busy, and so had he. I always had another job to go to when I finished one. Suddenly, I found myself hoping for a job to come along. The phone wasn't ringing anymore.

Now you can say that I'm making this up, if you want to. I expect that's what you'll do, or you'll have some other excuse.

But Obama had said enough. He had given clues. To the SEIU, he said, (paraphrased) "While I would rather have a Single Payer System, we can't get there overnight," talking about his plans for the heath care system known as the ACA. People knew what was coming, and new the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop it. The Congress was Democrat majority in both houses.

I remember going to see my landscaper friend the following spring to measure for tile for his master bath. I had done his other bathroom the year before. We were chatting, just small talk. Then he said, "Bill, there is no business!" I said, "I know Bob." And the conversation turned to what had been happening in the economy under Obama.

Now those are facts, jack!
That's your life. That ain't my life.

My fortunes don't rise or fall based on the occupant of the White House. Never has, never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So it should be easy to show me and everyone else my racism..

For the second time, what does BRO have anything to do with being black ....UNLESS you are racist?
Show me my racism first.

And "bro" is short for brother. You're not my brother in any way. I would never refer to you as a "bro." Why you consider that statement to be racist is beyond me.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
nononsenseguy"My personal experience, and that of a friend of mine in landscaping, was that our businesses just pretty much came to a stand still."

I agree you two are failures at running a business. Especially given a record DJ, millions of new jobs, and record earnings amongst the Fortune 500.

You two failed. Take personal responsibility for your personal failures.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
nononsenseguy"My personal experience, and that of a friend of mine in landscaping, was that our businesses just pretty much came to a stand still."

I agree you two are failures at running a business. Especially given a record DJ, millions of new jobs, and record earnings amongst the Fortune 500.

Uhhh..when right wingers talk about personal responsibility, that's not what they're talking about. LMAO

Old 02-28-2015, 11:27 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

These guys need to be responsible for themselves but its ok for millions to leech off the tax payers for their entire lives? makes sense.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:15 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In your case, it has everything to do with race.

And why do you insist on me being your bro? You black now?
What does color have to do with me calling you bro?

Your racism is truly showing....good job!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Robertfchew, The point is any business failing now, when the big corps are doing great, fail because their owners are clueless on how to manage a business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies