Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,837,510 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think this is just "payback" after the intense beating Bush got from almost the entire press during his presidency? I almost feel like it is. Obama is nowhere near as terrible as Bush was. The national security state was founded under Bush's watch, not Obama's, but conservatives act like Obama is the plague when there is no justification. That's why I have a feeling all the media backlash against Obama is just, for lack of a better word, "revenge" for all the 24/7 negative reporting during the Bush and GOP majority years.

When a Democrat is elected to the White House next year, will we see the same mass conservative outrage, or if a Republican is elected, will we again see the mass liberal outrage?

Old 02-15-2015, 08:43 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,292,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When a Democrat is elected to the White House next year, will we see the same mass conservative outrage, or if a Republican is elected, will we again see the mass liberal outrage?
Dream on, my friend. You Libs are so delusional. If you look at all the programs and ideas Obama has tried to implement, they have been mostly failures. We could start with Cash for Clunkers, Operation Fast and Furious, Ben Ghazi, the IRS targetting Conservatives scandal and the list goes on and on. I don't remember Bush being involved in so many failures and scandals

Old 02-15-2015, 08:50 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dream on, my friend. You Libs are so delusional. If you look at all the programs and ideas Obama has tried to implement, they have been mostly failures. We could start with Cash for Clunkers, Operation Fast and Furious, Ben Ghazi, the IRS targetting Conservatives scandal and the list goes on and on. I don't remember Bush being involved in so many failures and scandals
Really..I guess you missed all that your hero W. accomplished such as the Iraq War, the market crash, the housing bust, NSA spying and I could go on and on but why bring up all those bad memories...that's right just focus on these made up Obama scandals while you ignore the trillion dollar Iraqi War and the tens of thousands Americans killed and wounded based on a lie.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:55 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,019,858 times
Obama might be even worse by the time all is said and done, but what makes it worse right now is the mindless cult following he has that Bush thankfully didn't. It's downright creepy.

Back to your question -- definitely some is payback; or more accurately, the rubbish thrown at Bush just for having a Texas accent, the idiotic accusations that he "stole" the election, caused 9/11 and hurricanes etc. just made it acceptable to have extreme disrespect toward the presidency since.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The truth about the Fast and Furious*scandal - Fortune

The Latest Lie: IRS Targeted Conservatives*|*Dave Johnson

Alan Grayson Debunks Conservative Lies During Benghazi Hearing | Crooks and Liars

A Deadly Mix in Benghazi - The New York Times

Old 02-15-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Really..I guess you missed all that your hero W. accomplished such as the Iraq War, the market crash, the housing bust, NSA spying and I could go on and on but why bring up all those bad memories...that's right just focus on these made up Obama scandals while you ignore the trillion dollar Iraqi War and the tens of thousands Americans killed and wounded based on a lie.
All those so-called "scandals" were all tempests in the Fox News teapot, as I paraphrase one of the articles I linked to. Exactly what I say in the OP, Bush had so many bad scandals going on, while the conservative media is trying to "make up" for the fact that the national security state was born, and grew, under Bush

Old 02-15-2015, 09:04 PM

^Opinion pieces and biased sources claiming "phony" scandal. Like I said, a mindless cult following who thinks he can do no wrong. Imagine if Nixon had that... shutter to think.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
^Opinion pieces and biased sources claiming "phony" scandal. Like I said, a mindless cult following who thinks he can do no wrong. Imagine if Nixon had that... shutter to think.
The New York Times, Fortune, a Congressional testimony under oath, and Huffington Post are "opinion pieces" and "biased sources" when all the links I gave have numerous credible references inside each article? You don't really read much, do you?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The New York Times, Fortune, a Congressional testimony under oath, and Huffington Post are "opinion pieces" and "biased sources" when all the links I gave have numerous credible references inside each article? You don't really read much, do you?
This is the other thing the cultists do: try to insult intelligence and knowledge.
Why not throw in the race card while you're at it?
It's hopeless...

Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
This is the other thing the cultists do: try to insult intelligence and knowledge.
Why not throw in the race card while you're at it?
It's hopeless...
Read the articles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.