Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:46 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Won't work in california . .. where dui checkpoints have already gone to the supremes,,,,, I have the obligation and legal right to physically check your license.. showing it through glass doesn't work..

Some states may have different inspection laws.. but I just bet there are numerous other laws to detain someone so while this sounds sensational all it will do it set up motorists for confrontations and detentions for other crimes

Dumb really ...exercising freedom comes with responsible behavior... while this plays well on city data it doesnt work in real life ....my job is consumed with dealing with unreasonable people with agendas,.... this technique is a blip for me and any experienced policeman . ..
bet it generates business for the attorney . ...
When you are arresting/fining people for victimless crimes,you have become the unreasonable person with an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 04:17 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Of course the lawyer was from NY carpet-bagging down in Florida. Yeah support your local ACLU (American Communist Lawyers Union).....NOT!! How about you just don't drink and drive because you are an accident waiting to happen and I don't want to be on the road with you if you do........

Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Of course the lawyer was from NY carpet-bagging down in Florida. Yeah support your local ACLU (American Communist Lawyers Union).....NOT!! How about you just don't drink and drive because you are an accident waiting to happen and I don't want to be on the road with you if you do........
Save the holier than thou act. I'll bet you have driven intoxicated, driven over and under the posted limits,texted/talked on a cell phone while driving, rolled stops,ate a sammich, fiddled with the radio...

Old 02-25-2015, 04:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I don't drink and drive. Ever. So there is no cause for stopping me.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
When you are arresting/fining people for victimless crimes,you have become the unreasonable person with an agenda.
Hey frank... when I'm getting the suspended revoked driver without insurance ... or one with fake id... we are a border state you know...who was getting checked for dui at a checkpoint off the road I'm simply protecting everyone else from that 4000 pound piece of mayhem....hmmm are the recipients of crashes caused by these people victims?

Or... is that not my job according to you ?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:40 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't drink and drive. Ever. So there is no cause for stopping me.
Do you smoke and drive? You know... the devil weed... have you ever violated the vehicle code... even driving carefully with a dashcam in my personal vehicle I'm far from perfect ... I don't speed but I'm sure I've done numerous other violation over my life... with over 40000 VC sections nobody can drive perfectly ... just hopefully safely

Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 AM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Support your local ACLU. My Gov. Christine Gregoire (D, WA) tried to get the checkpoints enacted and the ACLU shot her down. She retired, and we don't have checkpoints in WA.
Come on over to CA, it's a weekly thing here.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Do you smoke and drive? You know... the devil weed...
I don't smoke....anything.

Quote:
have you ever violated the vehicle code... even driving carefully with a dashcam in my personal vehicle I'm far from perfect ... I don't speed but I'm sure I've done numerous other violation over my life... with over 40000 VC sections nobody can drive perfectly ... just hopefully safely
Have I ever drove too fast? Absolutely, but never at a checkpoint and when caught I've never argued the police had no reason to stop me.

Did you have a point here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies